The Student Room Group

help in choosing firm and insurance

I have received conditional offers for economics from both University of Manchester and University of Leeds. I am confused as to which university I should select as firm and which one as insurance.

Manchester-no scholarship, no work placement year

Leeds- scholarship, work placement year

finance is not a problem and I am leaning towards Manchester because I have heard it's a livelier place and has a better international reputation as compared to Leeds.
P.S.- I am an international student.
Original post by UGstudent
I have received conditional offers for economics from both University of Manchester and University of Leeds. I am confused as to which university I should select as firm and which one as insurance.

finance is not a problem and I am leaning towards Manchester because I have heard it's a livelier place and has a better international reputation as compared to Leeds.

I d go for leeds as a placement year would be beneficial.

If you're leaning towards Manchester then go with your hunches.

Ask if they have any optional placements or scholarships that you can apply to - some universities aren't very good about publicising options you have available.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
I d go for leeds as a placement year would be beneficial.

But Manchester has something called the Careers Service which they said is equally beneficial.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you're leaning towards Manchester then go with your hunches.

Ask if they have any optional placements or scholarships that you can apply to - some universities aren't very good about publicising options you have available.

Alright, thanks. Thry have something called the Careers Service which helps in getting part-time jobs, internships, jobs after graduation etc. Do you think that is good?
But Manchester has something called the Careers Service which they said is equally beneficial.

Nearly every uni has a careers service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending