The Student Room Group

Murdered by my Father

I watched 'Murdered by my Father' last night and I feel sympathy for Muslim women who are forced into marriage. Their have been 60 honour killings since 2010. It's no wonder so many Muslim women are scared to speak out.
It's sad that some parents prefer some belief of hell and what others would think instead of their child's happiness.
Reply 2
Original post by Petulance
Culture of peace remember.

Culture of peace.

A piece of body here, piece of body there, pieces of bodies everywhere.

Fixed it for you
so horrible.
Reply 4
It is sad, I hope this practice stops soon.
I watched this the other day... really thought provoking stuff....

I am going to move this other to TV shows though - just letting OP know.

Original post by Bazzel
x
JS but Islam doesn't actually force people into marriages- that's forbidden,
Its a cultural practice that takes the face of Islam to force people into marriages.
Reply 7
Original post by HAnwar
Fixed it for you

Arranged and forced marriages are customs primarily practiced by Muslims.

Look at Yemen and Iraq, were women as young as 9 get married to the kids of Saudi men because their prophet supposedly found it acceptable.
There needs to be severe punishment for those who commit honour killings. Really severe punishments
Reply 9

Look at Yemen and Iraq, were women as young as 9 get married to the kids of Saudi men because their prophet supposedly found it acceptable.

If Muslims are practising forced marriages, then they're obviously not following their religion properly and allowing culture to override religion, as those marriages are forbidden.

True, but the girls don't agree to the marriage as the parents form "marriages of convenience" that suit them. The prophet's wife, Aisha, consented to her marriage, which is the difference.
Original post by hxfsxh
True, but the girls don't agree to the marriage as the parents form "marriages of convenience" that suit them. The prophet's wife, Aisha, consented to her marriage, which is the difference.

Yes she consented.

Because when she was married to him at 6, she fully understood the meaning of marriage, sex, having children etc.

Sounds legit.
Yes she consented.

Because when she was married to him at 6, she fully understood the meaning of marriage, sex, having children etc.

Sounds legit.

She didn't have children with him. And she married because he was the prophet so she'd earn spiritual nobility out of it.
I watched that too ages ago
BUT Islam DOESN'T allow forced marriges - its forbidden
Original post by hxfsxh
She didn't have children with him. And she married because he was the prophet so she'd earn spiritual nobility out of it.

She didn't have children because he died when she was 18, and they got married when she was 6. How was she supposed to make any decision about her sexual life at such an age?
She didn't have children because he died when she was 18, and they got married when she was 6. How was she supposed to make any decision about her sexual life at such an age?

Actually her age of marriage is debated and not specifically stated. And in other texts, it is said that there was never the intention for her to have children.

A piece of body here, piece of body there, pieces of bodies everywhere.

As much as I hate this BS concept of honour and I can't stand the level to which debate surround Islam is shut down both by TSR and by wider society, it's really not something to joke about
Reply 17
I watched it today it's soo sad especially the ending. The dad should have put his daughters happiness before everyone else.
Reply 18
Amazing show. I was on the edge of my seat for a while. It eclipsed Murdered By My Boyfriend for me, most probably because the performances were so impressive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending