The Student Room Group

Is it too late for me?

Hi, I am 20 years old and I need to take A levels in English,French and psychology.But I can't find any colleges in my area (New Malden), can you please help me find a college that will take me for those subjects.
Anyone please?
Reply 2
Have you thought about doing an access course? The course is equivalent to A levels x
Reply 3
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure about colleges but you could do them as a independent candidate? :smile:
Original post by CMOx
Have you thought about doing an access course? The course is equivalent to A levels x

Access course would be useless for me, because I really need to do 2 languages degree as I can speak 3 languages fluently (French/English and Tamil). French would be easy for me as I was born in France.
Original post by xsashax
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure about colleges but you could do them as a independent candidate? :smile:

That's what I was thinking about, but how can I take 'French' as an Independent candidate?
Reply 6
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so? You'd probs have to find someone to practice your oral with but apart from that I think you can!
Original post by xsashax
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so? You'd probs have to find someone to practice your oral with but apart from that I think you can!

How can I do this please? As for oral don't worry for me, as I was born in France my French is very good .
Reply 8
Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd have to chose which board you want to do and contact them I think!
You will need to find an exam centre which will allow you to sit the exams as an external candidate. The exam boards have lists of these on their websites (google Edexcel, AQA etc), but you can also phone up local schools & colleges to ask. The prices they charge for this vary quite a bit.
try local colleges ie Kingston.
There's a place in London where I'm doing my iGCSE's called Learning Sure. They seem to do pretty much all exams with every exam board. You will need to research the exam boards etc yourself as they're not too helpful on the phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think its too late, i am 18 and will be staring As levels at a sixthform. However because you are 20, your only option is to go to college.

I too was looking for colleges but could not find any around my area.

There is one called barnet southgate but i think its in North London.

Don't lose hope, keep looking and seek more advice, not just on here but in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending