The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by richpanda
The sad news is that if you're sub 6/10 in 2016 as a male, you're going to find it hard.

However unless you are really fuked, you can get yourself up the rankings by improving yourself. Do interesting things and you will become an interesting person. Improve your intelligence, physique, etc...

What do you mean ?
If your looks are less than 6/10 then find it hard to get a girlfriend ? Is that what you're saying?

Just curious
Go on tinder if you are desperate which you are
Original post by Anonymous

I want a girlfriend, ever since I was young, that's all I've ever wanted. I don't value friendships at all (I only keep friends in hopes of finding a girlfriend through them) and I'll only be happy when I'm finally in a relationship.
I've never had anyone

I think what saddens me most is you 'don't value friendships'. How do you expect to be able to attract a girl when you are seen as potentially somebody on the outskirts of society with no friends? You can find love in many forms, and i know that i have love with my friends. Have you not heard of agape, and most importantly phileo? Girls usually date a guy they have been friends with and then a relationship develops, your happiness SHOULD NOT be based upon your relationship status. Get out there and travel, see things, experience life and stop getting your hopes tied up in something that should come naturally instead of forcing it
Original post by Start the Fire
1) Women aren't everything, in fact in most cases they make your life worse. Women aren't attracted to wimps who have nothing going on in their life, if you seem fun, interesting and confident the bitches will follow

2) I was still a virgin at your age, it's no big deal

3) Approach women, women are biologically programmed to be passive and wait for men to approach them, if you ever want a girl you have to go and ask girls out

Wow
Original post by RomanKing
What do you mean ?
If your looks are less than 6/10 then find it hard to get a girlfriend ? Is that what you're saying?

Just curious

Not looks, attractiveness, which is comprised from looks, money, status, intelligence, personality, style. Yes I'm saying it is hard to even get a 5/10 woman if you are a 5/10 man nowadays.
Obviously I would never tell anyone this, especially someone I was interested in, I am well aware how pathetic this whole thing is.After reading your message, I realized I don't mind having friends, I just need to have one person that I could rely on and trust and have something real with, but also I want to be independent and not be a clingy boyfriend like you said. So when I start Uni, I'll make sure to be open to making friends. And the thing is, the reason I don't like spending time with my friends is because they've all had relationships. I feel so inferior in comparison.It's true, I am obsessed. It upsets me that I missed out on the young romance and I can't shake that off. I do want a girlfriend, not to tell people I have one or tick a box like you said, but to have like a real friend. And I know that it's not all lovey dovey, but I want to have those arguments and those experiences. I feel like this part of life has completely missed me by.

Original post by ElspethC
Don't know about anyone else, but as a girl I'd find this sort of attitude very offputting, and if someone said all of this to me I would head off in the other direction without a second thought.

- I'd feel like they're not dating me because they like me, but because they're desperate for anyone and just want to know that they're dating someone.

- They usually have a mental image of what their ideal girlfriend should look like, what they should do, how they should act, and then don't understand why the girl isn't doing what they expect. Yes, this has happened to multiple friends of mine. No, it's never ended well.

- I wouldn't want a boyfriend whose life revolves around me. I need space, I need to be able to do my own thing sometimes, I need to go out with friends and not have the same person constantly being around me. Some girls feel differently, sure, but I wouldn't go out with someone who had no friends or social life that didn't relate to me.

- How do you expect to meet girls without having friends? Randomly asking people in the street? Nope, that's kind of creepy and doesn't usually work. Your best bet is to meet a girl either through friends or through some sort of social club/society, and if your friends don't feel like you actually value them, your chances of being set up with one of their friends is very low.

You sound like you're obsessed with the idea of having a girlfriend rather than actually realising what it entails. It's not all happy and fluffy, you'll have arguments, and break up, and one of you might cheat, and you'd better be sure you want to be with them before you commit to anything.

What do you actually want out of a girlfriend? Just to say that you have one? Just to keep her around so that you can tick off that box on your to do list? Because even if that's not the case, that's how you're coming across, and it's not going to do you any favours.
When I start Uni, hopefully I can make some new friends. It's just really hard to be around people sometimes for me, especially people who have already been in relationships. I feel like they are on a completely different planet and they make me feel like crap.

I don't know about that last part. I've been friends with this girl for the last three years and I was stupidly in love with her. Never went anywhere, so I decided to cut it off. Three years of my life just wasted.

I hope it "just happens" naturally. I'm going to focus on making myself better like you said.

Original post by ProbablyJade
I think what saddens me most is you 'don't value friendships'. How do you expect to be able to attract a girl when you are seen as potentially somebody on the outskirts of society with no friends? You can find love in many forms, and i know that i have love with my friends. Have you not heard of agape, and most importantly phileo? Girls usually date a guy they have been friends with and then a relationship develops, your happiness SHOULD NOT be based upon your relationship status. Get out there and travel, see things, experience life and stop getting your hopes tied up in something that should come naturally instead of forcing it
Wow

triggered
@Virgili dis U?
Go gym, get swole, acquire girls.
Reply 30
@samina_ay No i'm 20
Original post by Virgili
@samina_ay No i'm 20

Dammit LMFAO sorry
I know too many people and everything is mixed up in my head
inb4 someone who doesn't get any says 'forget sex and just focus on your education'.....Oh wait too late.
Reply 33
Original post by samina_ay
Dammit LMFAO sorry
I know too many people and everything is mixed up in my head

Get you Miss Popular :wink:
Personally I would stop worrying because you are only 19, I find if you don't look you end up finding someone.
Reply 35
Original post by RugbyFighter
inb4 someone who doesn't get any says 'forget sex and just focus on your education'.....Oh wait too late.

We all need a way to justify failing to meet our needs.
How do you know a relationship will make you happy?
Original post by Virgili
Get you Miss Popular :wink:

I know :wink: joke, i just know people - won't consider them as a friend
And i consider 20 to be so old... im nearly there :frown:
I know there are a lot of posts that are exactly like this, but I feel so hopeless and I don't know what else to do. I've basically given up on life. I'm not eating and I try to sleep through most days, just so I can get it over with. The things I used to enjoy, like books and films, just don't help any more (they irritate me because I've realized that they are just methods of escapism, and I hate myself for indulging in that).

I want a girlfriend, ever since I was young, that's all I've ever wanted. I don't value friendships at all (I only keep friends in hopes of finding a girlfriend through them) and I'll only be happy when I'm finally in a relationship. It's funny because when friends come to me for advice about this sort of stuff, I tell them that pinning all your happiness on one person isn't healthy, but I know that's a load of bull because that's exactly what I want to do.

I've never had anyone. I feel like it's too late for me. I'm starting University in September and I'm hoping that will change things, but a part me feels like nothing will change and I should just quit while I'm ahead.

hello,
DM me I have something to say to you 🙂
I know there are a lot of posts that are exactly like this, but I feel so hopeless and I don't know what else to do. I've basically given up on life. I'm not eating and I try to sleep through most days, just so I can get it over with. The things I used to enjoy, like books and films, just don't help any more (they irritate me because I've realized that they are just methods of escapism, and I hate myself for indulging in that).

I want a girlfriend, ever since I was young, that's all I've ever wanted. I don't value friendships at all (I only keep friends in hopes of finding a girlfriend through them) and I'll only be happy when I'm finally in a relationship. It's funny because when friends come to me for advice about this sort of stuff, I tell them that pinning all your happiness on one person isn't healthy, but I know that's a load of bull because that's exactly what I want to do.

I've never had anyone. I feel like it's too late for me. I'm starting University in September and I'm hoping that will change things, but a part me feels like nothing will change and I should just quit while I'm ahead.

I don't think you should quite while youre ahead and im sorry you feel like this

But you really need to get out of this mindset. Its a long process but it will help you in the long run in so many ways

Love makes life worth living. Love is platonic, love is familial and love is romantic.
One person cant come along and fix you, as much as we all hope for that.

I hope this doesn't come across as harsh, i dont mean to be, like many others on this thread.