The Student Room Group

Game time?

Hello,I am a current GCSE student.I have been doing very well with A* stars in all cont .asses. So far...

I play Xbox very mildly during weekends(Occasional and very rare wekday) over the last few years.
I was wondering is it time to stop now as I'm midway through year 10.
I'm willing to get All A* apart from the odd A at GCSE.
Is it a good idea to stop or play a little at weekends and please say why.
I'd love to here what you guys did at this time in your lives too(Played slightly or...)
Thanks.
If you are getting top grades, then keep working hard, but I think a bit of relaxation is good. X box is fine. You need to keep it in proportion so you stay on top. maybe limit it to x hours a week or the weekend? If you can be disciplined and stop as soon as you feel youve done too much, then do that. Try and get a bit of exercise as well , walk or bike or whatever.
Original post by 999tigger
If you are getting top grades, then keep working hard, but I think a bit of relaxation is good. X box is fine. You need to keep it in proportion so you stay on top. maybe limit it to x hours a week or the weekend? If you can be disciplined and stop as soon as you feel youve done too much, then do that. Try and get a bit of exercise as well , walk or bike or whatever.

Oh ok,Thanks for the advice.I do several other extra curricular however what would be a good number of hours to limit Xbox time to during weekends(I don't play weekdays)?
You're in year 10, if you're doing any early entrance exams maybe only play a few hours on weekends over exam season - but you're in year 10 don't worry about that 'til December or February half term next year
I'm an AS student.

Got exams in less than 40 days.

And I still play video games nearly everyday!

Just gotta sacrifice your sleep. :tongue:
Original post by VNN
Hello,I am a current GCSE student.I have been doing very well with A* stars in all cont .asses. So far...

I play Xbox very mildly during weekends(Occasional and very rare wekday) over the last few years.
I'd love to here what you guys did at this time in your lives too(Played slightly or...)
Thanks.

You can play games,sports,go out etc. even during A levels. Its all about time management and how you use your time. Anyways, you will always need a time to relax otherwise you will end up hating revision.
Original post by VNN

Thanks.

listen babe
you can still play a little during weeknds lol, it's GCSE you should still actually have a lot of free time
hell during GCSEs I even played inbetween exams like it's okay, as long as you're getting all your work done and revising enough
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I'm an AS student.

Got exams in less than 40 days.

And I still play video games nearly everyday!

Just gotta sacrifice your sleep. :tongue:

u just freaking reminded me of this and now I want to die

thnx. thnx a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest