The Student Room Group

Do friendships get worse over time?

Been reading back old messages from 2009 and hardly recognize her anymore, the way she text was fun and she put a lot of input but she never phones me anymore, she never writes those x's. just the little things have stopped,

Not sure why though.

Anyone else find friendship more exciting at first?
Impossible to answer, it competely depends on the friendship and the people
Reply 2
Depends on the people indeed, though I personally think the process of becoming friends is more exciting than the actual end result - but that's because I do largely believe in the maxim that "the journey is far more exciting than the destination" :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by bennyboyben
Been reading back old messages from 2009 and hardly recognize her anymore, the way she text was fun and she put a lot of input but she never phones me anymore, she never writes those x's. just the little things have stopped,

Not sure why though.

It's been a year that I've known 2 "friends" now(don't even think I should call them that). Both of them are going out with each other and they tore my friendship group apart. I had a lovely group of friends a year go and now it's breaking. So I guess they do sometimes but it really depends on the people.
Reply 4
Good question.

Occasionally you may become even closer as time goes on.

But in most cases I think people drift apart.

:wink:
It depends on the people, sometimes they get worse and end.

Other times the spark remains forever even if you go your separate ways in life, when you see each other again it's like the "good ol' days". :colondollar:

It just depends.
I would say so....
everytime i have got close to someone i end up messing things up or i get hurt or manipulated or whatever :/
idk tho probs just me lel :dontknow:
Original post by bennyboyben

Not sure why though.

yes... they deteriorate if you don't interact with the person enough
Reply 8
Original post by thefatone
yes... they deteriorate if you don't interact with the person enough

Or too much. When people get comfortable they might forget your value, so they don't make an effort to do the little things like 'xo' anymore, it's partly out of boredom, partly out of years of distrust since friends usually go through drama that drifts them apart, but more importantly it's just a simple question of time.

It seems we are conditioned to lose appreciation for the things we do the most, eat too much food and it tastes banal, listen to too much music and it sounds banal, see your friends too much and they become banal.

Cruel world.
Original post by Virgili
Or too much. When people get comfortable they might forget your value, so they don't make an effort to do the little things like 'xo' anymore, it's partly out of boredom, partly out of years of distrust since friends usually go through drama that drifts them apart, but more importantly it's just a simple question of time.

It seems we are conditioned to lose appreciation for the things we do the most, eat too much food and it tastes banal, listen to too much music and it sounds banal, see your friends too much and they become banal.

Cruel world.

of course.. be your best friend that way you never get bored of yourself?
Really fab answers. Thanks.

It does hurt i go all out to put effort in and she never invites me out anymore and i jist tagged her in a fb photo about pizza and she completely ignored it and tagged her friend on the reply.

Is it possible to get value back? Dont feel appreciated and dont want to keep inviting her to things.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending