The Student Room Group

E-Sport Personal Statement

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
Hmmm. Standing out, and being remembered, is so much better if it is for a good reason. Being the subject of a discussion in the admissions staffroom that starts "You'll never believe what some idiot wrote in his PS today ..." is not good.

This topic is in the same class as discussion about Pokemon and Snakes & Ladders - trivial and not likely to be a positive contribution to an application.

But people in competitive eSports who are actually successful tend to make far more than the average graduate, surely its better than most things
Original post by Dinasaurus
But people in competitive eSports who are actually successful tend to make far more than the average graduate, surely its better than most things

Is there a connection between postgraduate earnings and writing a PS for entry to university that I am unaware of?
Original post by Good bloke
Is there a connection between postgraduate earnings and writing a PS for entry to university that I am unaware of?

I'm not talking about any of that, but you said it was like snakes and ladders and pokemon. My point is those in eSports would easily earn more than any graduate unless the graduate just happens to do something unrelated.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I'm not talking about any of that, but you said it was like snakes and ladders and pokemon. My point is those in eSports would easily earn more than any graduate unless the graduate just happens to do something unrelated.

I still don't see the relevance to getting in to university (which is what this thread is about), even if what you say is true.

It may also be true that those who have rich parents earn more than others after graduation but that doesn't mean it would influence the admissions tutor to give them a place or that they should devote space in their PS to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending