The Student Room Group

I cant get girls because I am nice.

Its not fair.

Scroll to see replies

Have you tried painting your arse red and shoving it in their faces? It's what baboons do and the chicks dig it. Take a shower first, mind.
Original post by edgydave20
Its not fair.

ok then....

so what do you want to do then?
Reply 3
Nobody can hear you. Nobody cares about you. Nothing will come of this.
Just get swole and take your top off in a night club......
Reply 5
Original post by Bazzel
Nobody can hear you. Nobody cares about you. Nothing will come of this.

Pretty much this.
Original post by edgydave20
Its not fair.

Become a big asshat and just act like you're a bad boy

Insult them all and pretend not to have any feelings and they will come to you.

Smoke weed, party a lot, fight with other guys, have tattoo's and ride around on a black motorcycle
Reply 7
You need to be more edgy Dave :smile:.
it's not that you're nice, it's that you convey yourself as needy and wimpish - two former traits which are commonly associated with being nice - it's the wrong brand of "niceness"
you need to be a nice person who is tough, if that makes sense?
you need to be humble but you also need to be confident - confident enough to be cheeky and bold
that is the key to being nice + romantically successful; if you're nice and sweet but you can make her chuckle and give a bit of push-pull then you've got it (Y)

I used to try the bad boy act, and it worked sometimes (that's better than "never"] with some girls (the girls that would probably like the kind of alt. hipsterish guy that I am) but what worked recently was to simply be myself and be nice to the point where I wasn't being needy - I was a bit menacing with my approach (teasing her and being playful whenever I could) but still warm and nice enough to be a decent person, e.g. listening to her, and actually caring about what she had to say, and even saying "thank you"/"please" appropriately (if that's not too obvious...). a girl wants to have fun with a guy, and if literally the only thing that you can be is "nice" and not "funny and interesting" then you've got nothing...anybody can be nice - it takes somebody special to be more) to press these other buttons...I was also not being "nice" to the point where, instead of asking permission to do things, I was making commands, e.g. "come with me", "don't do that", etc - that displays at least *some* confidence if I'm willing to take control, e.g. like a man, right? right! so that's what you've got to convey - a nice but manly image/personality

also, don't equate "manliness" with being physically aggressive to other men for her sake - that's stupid and would only attract an absolute slapper...and it has got me into fights that I didn't end up winning. because other guys are sometimes willing to fight other guys for girls, even if they don't know those girls...I've learned from those mistakes now. I even had a guy trying to literally steal a girl I was bringing home with me (a housemate, actually) and I was refusing to fight him when he was trying to snatch her (not that she's an object or something) he was saying "what are you going to do about it?" - in the end, the girl actually went off with me *because* I wasn't going to fight him. that also probably shows that I wasn't needy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
What if Dave doesn't possess a motorcycle license? :frown:
_20160405_202359.JPG
It sucks big time:frown:
Original post by John55
What if Dave doesn't possess a motorcycle license? :frown:

Motorcycle is not nessesary but can help. Dave must then wear lots of 'dangerous' colours like black and red to signal to girls unconscious that he is dangerous
Reply 12
Wow, people are harsh.

What do you mean exactly? You do realise that there are plenty of nice men in relationships - or do you assume they're all terrible people? Maybe you need to work on approaching women, or maybe you need a bit more spark. Don't just agree with women but challenge them where appropriate. Build rapport. Get to know them properly. Don't put them on pedestals.

This might not be helpful but it's hard to tell from what you said so I've guessed based on the people who usually make such complaints.
Can I tell the truth?

Less than attractive men can't be nice and ugly, if your ugly you have to have some bad boy thing going on in your style and attitude...don't be a push over and a "yes" man. I say be yourself but...
Original post by AlmightyJesus
it's not that you're nice, it's that you convey yourself as needy and wimpish - two former traits which are commonly associated with being nice - it's the wrong brand of "niceness"
you need to be a nice person who is tough, if that makes sense?
you need to be humble but you also need to be confident - confident enough to be cheeky and bold
that is the key to being nice + romantically successful; if you're nice and sweet but you can make her chuckle and give a bit of push-pull then you've got it (Y)

Totally agree with this. All the guys i know who complain about not getting a girlfriend because they are too "nice" are usually needy and possessive, and not assertive.
Do you mean nice or nerdy? :redface:
Genuinely nice guy? or nice guy syndrome?

The latter would put even female ants off you XD

"The terms Nice Guy™ and Nice Guy syndrome are used to describe men who view themselves as prototypical "nice guys," but whose "nice deeds" are in reality only motivated by attempts to passively please women into a relationship and/or sex."
Reply 17
Do you think just a normal bicycle could suffice in case Dave cannot ride a proper motorbike? I mean, if the bicycle was black and red, maybe Dave could even set it on fire whilst he is riding it, I wonder if that would be dangerous enough to attract females...
[video="youtube;7KP62TE1prs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KP62TE1prs[/video] :curious:

You're just surrounded by the wrong type of girls. Around me, the guys who do drugs and dont care about education are the ones who pull every weekend, but they get the same kind of girls who are just easy and not worth the STIs. Wait it out, it's impossible to never find a girl after a nice guy. Focus on yourself, improve yourself and love yourself m8yyyy:h:
Original post by Blondie987
I can't get anyone cos I'm traaaassssshhhh

litter-pickers?

Quick Reply

Latest