The Student Room Group

That one friend.

Have you guys ever had that one friend who you thought was your best friend but in reality being with them was like mental torture.
I had one when I was like 13, I thought she was my best friend but to be honest it didn't feel like that at all, I didn't feel as if i could share things with her without her judging me. It was always about her as well if anyone tried to talk to me she'd come and drag them away. She'd then stop talking to me and go off with them for two weeks but when they stopped talking to her she'd crawl back saying how we're best friends and we shouldn't let people come in our way. Her judgement was supposed to be helpful to me but honestly it felt like it was bullying, constantly she'd tell me how she was my only friend and that other people didn't like me. I guess I blame her for my weak attachment with people, I can only ever make friends with people that make me open up to them, I can't stand having friends that I feel will treat me the same way. ah well how about you guys?
LOL! I can relate to these a few times.

basically when I was in year 7, I made "friends" with this girl, but it took me a while to realise (when she left in year 8) that she was a *****ng hating bitch.
There was this guy that she had a crush on, and apparently, the guy had a crush on me. She was whipped, and I mean WHIPPED on this guy lmao. So she actually thought that I liked the guy back, and I didn't. I didn't even speak to that guy. I didn't even know he had a crush on me until like 3 other people actually told me so I was thinking ahhh yeah maybe it could be true.

BUT she was so bloody bitter towards me for no reason..for example, not saying happy birthday to me even though she knew it was my birthday, she didn't invite me to her birthday party, she would take away every single new friend that I made, ignore me when I was speaking to her in class...all because she was jealous because the guy that she liked apparently liked me :/ It took me ages to clock a b*tch and even till this day I am angry at myself for sticking to this idiot lmao.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by loveleest
LOL! I can relate to these a few times.

bascially when I was in year 7, I made "friends" with this girl, but it took me a while to relise (when she left in year 8) that she was a *****ng hating bitch.
There was this guy that she had a crush on, and apparently, the guy had a crush on me. She was whipped, and I mean WHIPPED on this guy lmao. So she actually thought that I liked the guy back, and I didn't. I didn't even speak to that guy. I didn't even know he had a crush on me until like 3 other people actually told me so I was thinking ahhh yeah maybe it could be true.

BUT she was so bloody bitter towards me for no reason..for example, not saying happy birthday to me even though she knew it was my birthday, she didn't invite me to her birthday party, she would take away every single new friend that I made, ignore me when I was speaking to her in class...all because she was jealous because the guy that she liked apparently liked me :/ It took me ages to clock a b*tch and even till this day I am angry at myself for sticking to this idiot lmao.

yeah i get you lmao i always thought my dead ass ex friend was always bitter af as well she never approved the idea of anyone else liking me it was so annoying.
Yes. It was one of the most poisonous, degrading relationships of my life.
Original post by mk_cbc
Have you guys ever had that one friend who you thought was your best friend but in reality being with them was like mental torture.
I had one when I was like 13, I thought she was my best friend but to be honest it didn't feel like that at all, I didn't feel as if i could share things with her without her judging me. It was always about her as well if anyone tried to talk to me she'd come and drag them away. She'd then stop talking to me and go off with them for two weeks but when they stopped talking to her she'd crawl back saying how we're best friends and we shouldn't let people come in our way. Her judgement was supposed to be helpful to me but honestly it felt like it was bullying, constantly she'd tell me how she was my only friend and that other people didn't like me. I guess I blame her for my weak attachment with people, I can only ever make friends with people that make me open up to them, I can't stand having friends that I feel will treat me the same way. ah well how about you guys?

yes i have had that's one friend..... but it really wasn't a great experience >.>
but i just lived through it then moved on
Reply 5
Original post by thefatone
yes i have had that's one friend..... but it really wasn't a great experience >.>
but i just lived through it then moved on

It took ages for me to move on but i guess i was too young at the time as well so i took everything to heart which killed me.
Original post by mk_cbc
It took ages for me to move on but i guess i was too young at the time as well so i took everything to heart which killed me.

yup young and dumb.. until i grew a brain and realised i had to do **** for myself
Reply 7
No, that's not a true friend though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Yes. It was one of the most poisonous, degrading relationships of my life.

awww that sucks but im guessing you're fine now right? :smile: like it doesn't bug you or anything.
Reply 9
i dont know why that was anonymous but okay
Can totally friggin relate to this!
Reply 11
Original post by SMEGGGY
No, that's not a true friend though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i realized after some time so i just cut off the 'friendship' we had and left because it made me feel isolated i couldn't be friends with a person like that.
Original post by Anonymous
awww that sucks but im guessing you're fine now right? :smile: like it doesn't bug you or anything.

It does sometimes. We were 'best friends' from years 8-11. She severely harmed my self esteem; made me feel ugly and fat and guilty for being intelligent. I have struggled with an eating disorder and now have depression and anxiety - obviously not totally because of her, but I think she had a detrimental impact.
It does sometimes. We were 'best friends' from years 8-11. She severely harmed my self esteem; made me feel ugly and fat and guilty for being intelligent. I have struggled with an eating disorder and now have depression and anxiety - obviously not totally because of her, but I think she had a detrimental impact.

awww omg im sorry you went through all that and wow well she clearly wasn't even a friend forget best friend.
I don't really relate sorry but I have heard of stuff like this before and I don't get staying friends with cretins like that.
Wow. Some young friendships can be really vile. when I was 13 or in Year 7, i was really young and innocent. To know that some kids can be that evil is surprising to me.

Glad that you all lived through the horror of that experience.

So sorry:console:
Hope you are better now
Original post by Wired_1800
Wow. Some young friendships can be really vile. when I was 13 or in Year 7, i was really young and innocent. To know that some kids can be that evil is surprising to me.

Glad that you all lived through the horror of that experience.

I guess i was really innocent too around that time i never realised how bad of a friend she was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending