The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about GCSEs being in just over a month?

Scroll to see replies

worried but most of all angry :frown:
most of my exams are literally spread out over 1 week and my study leave isnt until june 7th, bacically A WEEK before the end of all my exams, so whats the point
how about you lot?
Original post by suryyyyynn
most of my exams are literally spread out over 1 week and my study leave isnt until june 7th, bacically A WEEK before the end of all my exams, so whats the point
how about you lot?

I have 18 exams but no study leave at all. The first lot of exams are crammed but they are easier topics and then after half term my harder ones come along, I wish we still had study leave.
Original post by Ellaramsay_
Omg my drama performance is on the 25th of April. I'm terrified for my group because we have to work on so many more of our scenes its a mess!!! When's your performance?

Not sure, late april
Original post by Username3097486
Not sure, late april

Ah well best of luck
Original post by Ellaramsay_
Right now it's easter so for my school we go back for two weeks then study leave starts. But once the two weeks are over we only have four days until our first proper exam
UGHHH

I dont even know if i have ****ING STUDY LEAVE. because our school is so **** they make us stay
it completely sucks because i know i work better off at home than in school!
but guess i just have to accept, just dreading having 4 exams in the space of 2 consecutive days, anyone else looking forward to summer, because i am :smile:
Original post by Username3097486
I dont even know if i have ****ING STUDY LEAVE. because our school is so **** they make us stay

I hear that
I'm really nervous but I'm only doing 4 modules as I'm only fourth year
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by heimix
i'm going to drink bleach. With results like that my life has no purpose.

hahahahahahha
Original post by HeimIX
I made a revison TimeTable and everything, revision is going fine but I'm just scared ill forget everything at Exams, I got 3 A* 1A 5B's at mock exams, if i get that again I'm going to drink bleach. With results like that my life has no purpose.

what is wrong with those results....?
Original post by dontamsetti_k
what is wrong with those results....?

Nothing for some people, but by my standards those are trash.
Original post by suryyyyynn
how about you lot?

Is your study leave after the last Maths exam or some bs like that? The teachers at mys school are letting us leave once our Maths exam is over which is on the 9th of June. I'm pissed, I can't revise while I'm at school with screaming children who don't even care.
Original post by HeimIX
Nothing for some people, but by my standards those are trash.

What are you aiming for?
Original post by romansholiday
What are you aiming for?

7A* 2A's

Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A*
Spanish: A*
Drama: A*
Music Tech: Distinction (A)
English Lit: A
English Lang: A/A*
Original post by HeimIX
7A* 2A's

Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A*
Spanish: A*
Drama: A*
Music Tech: Distinction (A)
English Lit: A
English Lang: A/A*

I wish you the best of luck! :smile:

I'm aiming for 8 As/A*s and 3 Bs, but they did predicted me 3 A*s and 8 As in my latest report so maybe I'm underestimating myself. My revision is just a hot mess at the moment so I'm not sure what's gonna happen.

Have you started memorising info yet, or doing past papers?
I have 24 exams and no study leave :')
dont even mention anything about exams...
I wish you the best of luck! :smile:

I'm aiming for 8 As/A*s and 3 Bs, but they did predicted me 3 A*s and 8 As in my latest report so maybe I'm underestimating myself. My revision is just a hot mess at the moment so I'm not sure what's gonna happen.

Have you started memorising info yet, or doing past papers?

Dang, really good grades right there. Im pos theres no way you couldn't get the 11 A*'s :biggrin:.

And yes! Recently i finished all of chemistry, so now I'm just going over notes will start some past papers tomorrow, along with RE revision. Right now I'm just doing lots of maths past papers and these specified A* Questions only maths paper, ill probably do a past paper everyday on Maths and Science and an Eng every other day.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HeimIX
Dang, really good grade right there. Im pos theres no way you couldn't get the 11 A*'s :biggrin:.

And yes! Recently i finished all of chemistry, so now I'm just going over notes will start some past papers tomorrow, along with RE revision. Right now I'm just doing lots of maths past papers and these specified A* Questions only maths paper, ill probably do a past paper everyday on Maths and Science and an Eng every other day.

Well done! You seem so organised compared to me haha.

I'm sooooo nervous, almost panicking, because there is so much to do AND my teacher has given us another writing controlled assessment in 2 weeks so I have to memorise even more stuff :frown:

Again, good luck, you'll do great because of all this work you've done now. :smile:
Well done! You seem so organised compared to me haha.

I'm sooooo nervous, almost panicking, because there is so much to do AND my teacher has given us another writing controlled assessment in 2 weeks so I have to memorise even more stuff :frown:

Again, good luck, you'll do great because of all this work you've done now. :smile:

I found it hard to manage my time before so I made a timetable,(even though i can barely stick to it) it helps me keep track of time, maybe it would help you keep more organised?

Also whats your Controlled assessment on, English?

And Thank you! To get motivated, just think about how happy you'll be on results day when you get the grades you want. And also think how upset you'll be on results day if you don't. Panicking is good, it means you care about your exams a lot, so the best way is to try and get rid of the anxiety. wouldn't want to be worrying in the summer holidays after exams now would we :smile: Good luck with revision and exams! :u:

Quick Reply

Latest