The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leavingthecity
WHAT.

She's my favourite!

Can you play and record All I Want for me and post it so I can have a good cry?!?!!!

Haha I can only play Big Yellow Taxi and The Circle Game :tongue: She has such a lovely voice :smile:

Haha I would but
1) I am too shy to
2) I am not that good :tongue:
Reply 81
Original post by Rhythmical
I bet you have secret freestyling videos on YouTube. Maybe some with Eminem? :tongue:

You got me, I'm secretly Royce Da 5'9 :toofunny:

Seriously though, I don't have the confidence to share anything proper on youtube - I just write lyrics and occasionally freestyle with a few mates because even if I am any good at making lyrics (which I doubt) I don't have the voice to be a rapper/singer (speech impediments ftw)

Original post by Amellia123
Bio 2,3 and 4 and Maths C4 :frown: I found physics really hard last year (I dropped it at AS).... Physics 1 is okay if you can do Mechanics (I presume you are on OCR?) AQA Bio is just the worst

I'm doing FM and resitting C4 if you want to team up on it
I love folk from the 50s 60s and 70s. I love folk rock, I love proper punk from the 70s. I like this century's electronic/ambient sounds especially when influenced by the genres I've just mentioned and then also consume lotsa classical stuff from last century, the Romantics, prefer solo instruments or concertos to symphonies so despite my Romantic preference don't really listen to Beethoven symphonies and Wagner operas and probably therefore come across as a bit of a pleb to other classical fans!

I really like 70s punk (sorry to keep interrupting!) Who are your favourites? :smile:
Original post by Andy98

Seriously though, I don't have the confidence to share anything proper on youtube - I just write lyrics and occasionally freestyle with a few mates because even if I am any good at making lyrics (which I doubt) I don't have the voice to be a rapper/singer (speech impediments ftw)

I'm doing FM and resitting C4 if you want to team up on it

Aww yes please Andy! Are you doing OCR for maths? :smile:
Reply 84
Aww yes please Andy! Are you doing OCR for maths? :smile:

Yup :wink:
Original post by Andy98

Aww, I like writing lyrics but I suck at beats but then again I love writing. I know what you mean by confidence, not a lot people know about my musical talents and I prefer to keep it as that. Although one time I made a Smule account so maybe people already know? I'm probably getting signed right now! :biggrin:
Original post by Andy98
Yup :wink:

That would be really good if you wouldn't mind? :smile:
Reply 87
Aww, I like writing lyrics but I suck at beats but then again I love writing. I know what you mean by confidence, not a lot people know about my musical talents and I prefer to keep it as that. Although one time I made a Smule account so maybe people already know? I'm probably getting signed right now! :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm trying to get to grips with some software called SonicPi, which you can programme beats on; if you can play all those instruments I'd love it if you would send me some sample cords on the guitar or something like that for me to play around with and maybe make a beat from. Heck, we should write something together :wink:
Reply 88
That would be really good if you wouldn't mind? :smile:

Sure, I haven't started revising yet :colondollar:

Crikey, how are you living? People say I am crazy living off 6 hours sleep lol but you, you're living on 3 hours practically! TSR probably kept you up! I struggle with sleeping to be fair, I need my phone and either TSR or YouTube videos to entertain me.

Haha well 6 hours is the most sleep I get on weeknights :ninja: And I've never needed more than 8 hours of it :redface:
So do you think you could stay awake for 24hrs straight? I know I couldn't despite the above :lol:

But hopefully it won't happen again. I'm just clueless as to why I feel completely normal :biggrin:

You're almost right. I tried to sleep around 1am but I couldn't :redface: so I had to do something to keep me from getting bored :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
Sure, I haven't started revising yet :colondollar:

Umm nor me really - I kind of started properly today..... :lol:
Reply 91

Thursday, tell all the gyals and boyz.

Could you wrap it with something, since it'll be my birthday :colondollar:
Reply 92
Umm nor me really - I kind of started properly today..... :lol:

More than me :tongue:
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, I'm trying to get to grips with some software called SonicPi, which you can programme beats on; if you can play all those instruments I'd love it if you would send me some sample cords on the guitar or something like that for me to play around with and maybe make a beat from. Heck, we should write something together :wink:

I would love to, I need to get my instruments from the attic as my mum hides them because she finds it so annoying that I play really loudly and disturb the house lol. :tongue: and wow I've never heard of it, I've tried a few programmes but they sound horrendous when I make a beat so I just forget about it.

Original post by Indeterminate
Haha well 6 hours is the most sleep I get on weeknights :ninja: And I've never needed more than 8 hours of it :redface:
So do you think you could stay awake for 24hrs straight? I know I couldn't despite the above :lol:

But hopefully it won't happen again. I'm just clueless as to why I feel completely normal :biggrin:

You're almost right. I tried to sleep around 1am but I couldn't :redface: so I had to do something to keep me from getting bored :lol:

I know the struggle, I went to sleep at half 12 this morning and I feel so proud, usually it's around 2am and often I feel the need to revise but then I get lazy and well probably fall asleep with the book on my face lol. And wow 6 hours sleep, I get the same currently because I just can't sleep. I could never stay away for 24 hours and one time I nearly tried it but within the 21st hour, I fell asleep at the last few hours and I felt so angry :mad:
Original post by Andy98
More than me :tongue:

Haha aww no! Thing is though, I literally know nothing! How did you do at AS? (if you don't mind me asking)
Original post by stefano865
Wow you know your music. :wink:

Don't know much folk music but do quite like The Old Crow Medicine Show.

I listen to a bit of classical too. I really like Ludovico Einaudi. Again, not one for the purists. :tongue:

I think @Supersaps recommended me Ludivico Einaudi the other day????

I'm more into Chopin, Debussy, Grieg, etc a bit predictable....I've discovered John Fields fairly recently (embarrassingly) and who is not too well known generally, though was like an English Chopin and Chopins greatest influence apparently. He invented the Nocturne as we know it. You should have a listen!
Original post by kkboyk
Could you wrap it with something, since it'll be my birthday :colondollar:

Sure, anything. I recommend bubblewrap, that stuff is fun. :biggrin:
And are you a musician?!

I am not :3 but my brother and my sister both play piano so I am a piano fan :ahee: ( as a listener :biggrin: )

Are you a musician ?
Reply 98
Sure, anything. I recommend bubblewrap, that stuff is fun. :biggrin:

Fun and dangerous. It can deprive you of life when there's too much of it :frown:
Reply 99
Original post by stefano865
Wow you know your music. :wink:

Don't know much folk music but do quite like The Old Crow Medicine Show.

I listen to a bit of classical too. I really like Ludovico Einaudi. Again, not one for the purists. :tongue:

Such a legend. I was so jealous of my friend who sent pictures of Ludovico performance on snapchat :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest