The Student Room Group

Girl acting hot & cold with me.

Long story short:

Met a girl in my work induction.
We got along well, she kept staring and smiling at me whenever we saw each other.
Bumped into each other around the store and she asked for my number.
She didn't text me till a few days later so after that I had her number.
We spoke for the past week or so on and off, one night till about 2:30am, all our convos have been full of banter and flirting.

She told me she was a really bad texter, and she wasn't a very social person, so when she asked for my number i was suprised as she was going out of her way to want to talk to me. Her replies are painfully slow, last message I sent her was yesterday around 2pm and I haven't had a reply.

She isn't usually this bad, worst it's been is around 3/4 hours but this is the longest now. should I assume she isn't interested?

She is quite busy atm with uni revision, and she's moving house but she has been online on WhatsApp so I know she is ignoring me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Itsthatguy
Long story short:

We got along well, she kept staring and smiling at me whenever we saw each other.
We spoke for the past week or so on and off, one night till about 2:30am, all our convos have been full of banter and flirting.

She told me she was a really bad texter, and she wasn't a very social person, so when she asked for my number i was suprised as she was going out of her way to want to talk to me. Her replies are painfully slow, last message I sent her was yesterday around 2pm and I haven't had a reply.

She isn't usually this bad, worst it's been is around 3/4 hours but this is the longest now. should I assume she isn't interested?

She is quite busy atm with uni revision, and she's moving house but she has been online on WhatsApp so I know she is ignoring me?

act warm with her...
Ignore her :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by star80
Ignore her :smile:

she's ignored me though 🤔

I want to make a go of it with her if I can as I do like her but she's too confusing. Why ask for my number if she didn't want to talk/was a bad texter?
I hate it when people go hot and cold, I'd wait for her to contact you.
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan
I hate it when people go hot and cold, I'd wait for her to contact you.

I'm worried she won't though, it took her 3 days to text me after she took my number and that was after I reminded her at work.
I'm worried she won't though, it took her 3 days to text me after she took my number and that was after I reminded her at work.

If she doesn't reply then you know she isn't the one for you, she may be using a bad texter as an excuse. She may just not be that into you after all.
Be normal with her. No point in playing games.
You need to mirror her investment in you. You trying hard as she ignores will kill your game. Ignoring her while she is texting you a lot will kill your game.
Reply 9
Original post by Rock Fan
If she doesn't reply then you know she isn't the one for you, she may be using a bad texter as an excuse. She may just not be that into you after all.

I will never understand females lol. Literally first time we spoke she asked for my number and said she would text me, we spoke for most of last week till late at night.

She actually showed me her phone and the messaging app, she had 40 unread convos and said she can never be bothered to reply to people. but then why ask for my number?!
Reply 10
Original post by AthiaKarim
Be normal with her. No point in playing games.

I'm not the one playing games, it's her. I reply to her in a decent time and the convo flows well, maybe she is just busy with her house move and revision, that's what I'm hoping anyways lol.

All my friends said I should run for the hills as she is a game player. I actually do like her though, but it's hard to get to know her when she never replies.
Reply 11
Original post by banterboy
You need to mirror her investment in you. You trying hard as she ignores will kill your game. Ignoring her while she is texting you a lot will kill your game.

You're right, I have been meaning to do this but I enjoy talking to her so I reply a lot faster than she usually does. if she does message me again soon I'm going to joke about how she Aired me for 2 days and see what she replies.
You're right, I have been meaning to do this but I enjoy talking to her so I reply a lot faster than she usually does. if she does message me again soon I'm going to joke about how she Aired me for 2 days and see what she replies.

just ignore the text. Don't do that, it's the most tempting thing ever, but she's subconsciously losing interest because you're putting yourself over as you need her more than she needs you. I'd leave the text a few days and maybe if you see her in person jokingly mention it.
I'm not the one playing games, it's her. I reply to her in a decent time and the convo flows well, maybe she is just busy with her house move and revision, that's what I'm hoping anyways lol.

All my friends said I should run for the hills as she is a game player. I actually do like her though, but it's hard to get to know her when she never replies.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were playing games with her. When I wrote that, I was referring to someone who posted 'ignore her'.

I don't think you should listen to your friends unless what they're saying are actually true. You should judge her for how she treats you :smile:

She probably is genuinely busy so play it cool, I don't think you should overthink this all. I'm sure if she wasn't moving and if it was revision period she will respond to your messages sooner

If she wasn't giving you a reason for her delayed messages, then you should be annoyed
Long story short:

cut her off

shes bad with people and u cant take that

u need somebody who makes u happy not worried
Reply 15
Original post by AthiaKarim
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were playing games with her. When I wrote that, I was referring to someone who posted 'ignore her'.

I don't think you should listen to your friends unless what they're saying are actually true. You should judge her for how she treats you :smile:

She probably is genuinely busy so play it cool, I don't think you should overthink this all. I'm sure if she wasn't moving and if it was revision period she will respond to your messages sooner

If she wasn't giving you a reason for her delayed messages, then you should be ..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by banterboy
just ignore the text. Don't do that, it's the most tempting thing ever, but she's subconsciously losing interest because you're putting yourself over as you need her more than she needs you. I'd leave the text a few days and maybe if you see her in person jokingly mention it.

I just don't want her to think I'm playing games back lol, I'm really not that type of person. I am a very straight forward guy and I want to avoid complicating things. If she doesn't really say why she didn't reply then I may delay my response a little more than usual.
you're asian right? I'm assuming pakistani from your name, as am I. The girl I'm talking about is actually bengali so maybe you could give some advice if you were in her shoes lol. You would only go out of your way to ask for a guys number at work if you were interested in him right?

Not for dating, but like serious, as asian girls don't really go out their way to ask for asian guys numbers do they? We really clicked in the induction, and whenever we see each other at work we have good banter so I don't know what has changed. She hasn't told me specifically she is busy with that but the other day she said she gets distracted a lot while revising and that her family are moving some time in these holidays so I'm assuming it could be that.

I'll pm you!
she's ignored me though 🤔

I want to make a go of it with her if I can as I do like her but she's too confusing. Why ask for my number if she didn't want to talk/was a bad texter?

Count yourself lucky. Imagine how she'd be in a relationship. Ignore her see how she likes it bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
These people are abolutely awful in relationships, they seem to have a pathological need for control and use ignorance as a way to get it, even if they end up hurting people in the process. I would back off, if she asks for sex go for it (she'll probably flake anyway) but don't get involved until she gets more mature because she sounds like a 12 year old girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending