Dark, Sequestered, Lonely Path To 9 A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by marie_290
Oh- They work now! Thanksss- you're amazing!!:h:

:smile:
Original post by HeimIX
:smile:

How long have you been revising each day?
Reply 102
Original post by Username3097486
How long have you been revising each day?

Hmm, I start at 1PM and end at about 10PM with a few breaks in between so about 8-9 Hours give or take.
Reply 103
Mon, 4 April 2016 - Easter Holiday.

Whats Up Gang,

Today woke up feeling like S*hit, For the past few days I see to be going to bed At ridiculous times like 4-5AM.

I carried on my maths from yesterday. I did some work on Bounds, Lines, Compound Measures and then after I did a past paper (Wed 13 June 2012) in which I scored 76/100 , By the 2012 Mark Scheme thats an A (which is 64 +), then I went by 2015 MS and that was also an A (67.5+) so I'm on a solid A grade which is fantastic, now Im going to push for that A*!

I did notice some very stupid mistakes in my working out though, mistakes I would never had made, after fabricating a thesis and showing proof for it, my theory is I am very heavily sleep deprived. Therefore I shall take my leave and try to get to bed early, by my standards at least (12 wish).

Tomorrow I'm going to revise some RE, Physics, go over some them notes and aim to do at least one past paper for the subjects stated.

May The Revision Be With You.
Original post by LaurieHarris
GCSEs: english lit, english lang, french, german, dt, geography, maths, further maths, biology, chemistry, physics
AS: further maths, maths, french, economics, physics

How did I revise is a bit general! Learning the key notes, and practice papers. Never underestimate the importance of practice papers (where you do them, and mark them making notes on answers you got wrong that you then revise again)!

Ah okay around when did you start your revision for gcse? And how did you structure your responses on english question?
Reply 105
Original post by marie_290
Hii- thanks for the info!
...About the GCSE A* Questions only worksheet do you mind linking it again please, because I cant seem to find them :s-smilie:

Haha, the resilient always win. After long, excruciating search I found the original ones I have. Now you have these on top of the one before, it should make for some pretty solid revision; Best of luck

A* Type Questions (Maths):

1H: http://bland.in/gcse/a_star1h.pdf

2H: http://bland.in/gcse/a_star2h.pdf
Why do you consider it a "dark, sequestered, lonely path"? Revising until 4AM is beyond ridiculous lmao, and definitely within the bounds of being unhealthy.

You want to do well at GCSE? Start appreciating your subjects, and rather than staying up until 4 trying to cram, spend time reflecting on how enjoyable your subjects are.
Original post by AlphaQuark
Why do you consider it a "dark, sequestered, lonely path"? Revising until 4AM is beyond ridiculous lmao, and definitely within the bounds of being unhealthy.

You want to do well at GCSE? Start appreciating your subjects, and rather than staying up until 4 trying to cram, spend time reflecting on how enjoyable your subjects are.

What if you enjoy a subject so much that you want to sacrifice your sleep for it
What if you enjoy a subject so much that you want to sacrifice your sleep for it

I'm all for loving your subject so much, that you're willing to sacrifice sleep for it; I personally have been up until 3-4AM reading physics books, but when you write sentences like

"Today woke up feeling like S*hit, For the past few days I see to be going to bed At ridiculous times like 4-5AM."

I can't help but feel like that love just isn't there.
I'm all for loving your subject so much, that you're willing to sacrifice sleep for it; I personally have been up until 3-4AM reading physics books, but when you write sentences like

"Today woke up feeling like S*hit, For the past few days I see to be going to bed At ridiculous times like 4-5AM."

Lol fair enough. Btw, your passion for physics is very admirable
Reply 110

lol, you have it wrong. I stop revising and go to bed at about 12:40.

However I almost never go to sleep at this time because... Anime.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol fair enough. Btw, your passion for physics is very admirable

Kind of you to say; it just makes everything make sense if that makes any sense :colondollar:
Kind of you to say; it just makes everything make sense if that makes any sense :colondollar:

Your passion actually made me very interested. Studying for fun rather than for force would be much easier. I just made a thread about it.
Original post by HeimIX

However I almost never go to bed at this time because... Anime.

In which case enjoy your anime. I couldn't help but notice in your "about me" section:

"I like getting good grades and bragging to those who don't". Lolwut

You still didn't answer my question about why you call it a dark and sequestered path. I did well in my GCSEs and enjoyed every moment of it.
Original post by HeimIX

However I almost never go to bed at this time because... Anime.

Ah...the good old summer holidays of watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood up until 4am last year:u:
Reply 115
In which case enjoy your anime. I couldn't help but notice in your "about me" section:

You still didn't answer my question about why you call it a dark and sequestered path. I did well in my GCSEs and enjoyed every moment of it.

The reason I chose "Dark, Sequestered, Lonely", was because i think the path to success is dependent on oneself, even though people can help you get there at the end of the day, its your effort which has brought you to that point; therefore the path is lonely. I also think the path is sequestered as theres no set road to achieve the best possible grades you can. Everyone has to go through trial and improvement to find out what style of revision fits them. Lastly, "Dark" just sounded cool, I thought it gave a little atmosphere.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
Ah...the good old summer holidays of watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood up until 4am last year:u:

LOOL i recently just finished that anime as well. it was actually sick!
Reply 117

Ya, me and my friends are very competitive. Say I get lower grades than the rest of my friends, i won't hear the end of it. Vice Versa. Its like a sadistic way of motivating ourselves and others.
Original post by HeimIX
Ya, me and my friends are very competitive. Say I get lower grades than the rest of my friends, i won't hear the end of it. Vice Versa. Its like a sadistic way of motivating ourselves and others.

Do you go to a private/selective/grammar school by any chance?
Reply 119
Do you go to a private/selective/grammar school by any chance?

Nope public, but I've been in private nearly all my life so being competitive is natural for me.

Quick Reply

Latest