The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about GCSEs being in just over a month?

Scroll to see replies

My first exam is the English speaking in a week or so - I am incredibly unprepared, especially for the 6 minute slot after the speech where we have to answer questions on our topic which you can't really revise for. :frown:
Original post by pugsofwesteros
My first exam is the English speaking in a week or so - I am incredibly unprepared, especially for the 6 minute slot after the speech where we have to answer questions on our topic which you can't really revise for. :frown:

CIE? Don't worry it's easy. As long as you know your topic you'll be fine.

Are you pumped for season 6 of GOT though?That's the real question :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HeimIX
Dang, really good grades right there. Im pos theres no way you couldn't get the 11 A*'s :biggrin:.

And yes! Recently i finished all of chemistry, so now I'm just going over notes will start some past papers tomorrow, along with RE revision. Right now I'm just doing lots of maths past papers and these specified A* Questions only maths paper, ill probably do a past paper everyday on Maths and Science and an Eng every other day.

How many hours do you revise daily?
Original post by HeimIX
I found it hard to manage my time before so I made a timetable,(even though i can barely stick to it) it helps me keep track of time, maybe it would help you keep more organised?

Also whats your Controlled assessment on, English?

And Thank you! To get motivated, just think about how happy you'll be on results day when you get the grades you want. And also think how upset you'll be on results day if you don't. Panicking is good, it means you care about your exams a lot, so the best way is to try and get rid of the anxiety. wouldn't want to be worrying in the summer holidays after exams now would we :smile: Good luck with revision and exams! :u:

My controlled assessment is for French:s-smilie:

I've made a time table for this week and I'm trying my best to keep to it. I feel really guilty if I don't stick to it lmao.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
How many hours do you revise daily?

7-8 give or take, with breaks in between
Original post by romansholiday
My controlled assessment is for French:s-smilie:

I've made a time table for this week and I'm trying my best to keep to it. I feel really guilty if I don't stick to it lmao.

Dang, I could of helped you if it was Spanish, but nevertheless all the best of luck.

What are you picking for A Levels?
Original post by HeimIX
Dang, I could of helped you if it was Spanish, but nevertheless all the best of luck.

What are you picking for A Levels?

Chemistry, Biology and Geography (and maybe Psychology). My sixth form is only letting us choose 3 A Levels for some reason, apparently due to A Level reforms. What about you?
[QUOTE="HeimIX;63937369"]7-8 give or take, with breaks in between[/QUOTE

Wow, you must be seriously motivated. Good luck! Do you know what you want to study at university?( if you want to go)
Original post by HeimIX
I found it hard to manage my time before so I made a timetable,(even though i can barely stick to it) it helps me keep track of time, maybe it would help you keep more organised?

Also whats your Controlled assessment on, English?

And Thank you! To get motivated, just think about how happy you'll be on results day when you get the grades you want. And also think how upset you'll be on results day if you don't. Panicking is good, it means you care about your exams a lot, so the best way is to try and get rid of the anxiety. wouldn't want to be worrying in the summer holidays after exams now would we :smile: Good luck with revision and exams! :u:

Yo how did you make your timetable
Reply 149
My reaction: LOL at my life- it's a joke and i'm screwed :colondollar:
Reply 150
Original post by Username3097486

You can use this site called get revising and you can create one on there :smile:

Personally I find I stick to a timetable better if its one I make the night before rather than well in advance, as its easier to prioritise what you need to work on - you don't have to do this though
Original post by NiamhM1801
Personally I find I stick to a timetable better if its one I make the night before rather than well in advance, as its easier to prioritise what you need to work on - you don't have to do this though

cheers, can you show me what yours looks like
Original post by HeimIX

How do you stay motivated for 7/8 hours? I want to do well so badly, but I get distracted so easily by my phone, but the only reason I have my phone with is to time my revision sessions. Any tips on how to revise for a long period of time whilst working effectively?
cheers, can you show me what yours looks like

Yep - tomorrow's looks like this:
-8:30 - get up
-9:00-10:00 - read section 1 of of mice and men and make notes on characters and events
-10:00-11:00 - geography (rivers), make notes on the Bangladesh flood and features of the rivers course (upper, middle and lower)
11:00-11:30 - break
11:30-12:30 - religious studies unit 1.1, carry on with making notes (using spec) for each heading
12:30-13:30 - further maths, revise circle theorems, 3D Pythagoras and trig, factorising cubics
13:30-14:30 - lunch break
14:30-15:30 - German, learn page 18 and 19 vocab
15:30-16:30 - finish making physics p1 index cards
16:30-17:00 - break
17:00-18:00 - finish typing biology b2 notes
18:00-19:00 - start typing chemistry c3 notes
19:00 - done for the day

I'll admit, I schedule a lot in but I finish relatively early so I do have quite a lot of time to chill and wind down so I can go to bed early so I'm not tired at 8:30 :biggrin:
I haven' started revision yet should I be worried ??
Annahasson1 - Yep! I would be.
Reply 157
Original post by HeimIX

tf, why so long
Today's revision:
-French vocab revision and listening paper
-Religious studies past paper
-Geography theme 1 case studies and revision
-ICT past paper
-Make mindmaps on characters in Of Mice and Men

Any spare time will be dedicated to maths :smile:
Reply 159
Hi any tips for revising, I can't seem to focus for more than 20-30 minutes at a time and then take really long breaks. My mock exam results were pretty good but still some areas where I could improve. Also is anyone doing the Level 2 Certificate of Further Mathematics AQA spec- I need some tips on remembering matrices for that. Suggestions much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest