The Student Room Group

Capability

In my mocks I got 1D 5C and 3 B without no revision whatsoever. Can someone tell me what I'm capable of if I revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
All you need to know is that success in GCSE is relative to the amount of hours you put in
Original post by JoshuaE
All you need to know is that success in GCSE is relative to the amount of hours you put in

With the exception of quality revision over quantity
Original post by Username3097486
With the exception of quality revision over quantity

What would you call quality revision techniques?

Posted from TSR Mobile
With revision, a lot is possible. People forget that yes while academia is partially intelligence, a great deal of it is putting the effort in and knuckling down remberimg content and practising how to answer the questions. I'd say you are capable of at least all C's and B's but there's no reason why you couldn't get all B's or even a few A's if you really try. There's 6 weeks left now, so you should get a wiggle on but I believe anything is possible if you actually work hard!
Original post by rosie.mn
With revision, a lot is possible. People forget that yes while academia is partially intelligence, a great deal of it is putting the effort in and knuckling down remberimg content and practising how to answer the questions. I'd say you are capable of at least all C's and B's but there's no reason why you couldn't get all B's or even a few A's if you really try. There's 6 weeks left now, so you should get a wiggle on but I believe anything is possible if you actually work hard!

Thank you so much, I've found it so difficult to motivate myself and the best I've done is 45-60 minutes revision a day over Easter in 15 minute sessions, but I find it actually stays in my brain? But on the other hand I feel like I should be doing more, thanks a lot for that little bit extra motivation, and confidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by william hart
In my mocks I got 1D 5C and 3 B without no revision whatsoever. Can someone tell me what I'm capable of if I revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

better than the grades you got there statistically
Thank you so much, I've found it so difficult to motivate myself and the best I've done is 45-60 minutes revision a day over Easter in 15 minute sessions, but I find it actually stays in my brain? But on the other hand I feel like I should be doing more, thanks a lot for that little bit extra motivation, and confidence
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that is good because it's always quality over quantity, if you revise for a lot of hours on end but you find yourself distracted and as if you're not getting stuff done then there's no point doing it. I think you should keep that up but perhaps do a couple of sessions of it, so give yourself that time twice or perhaps 3 times a day, you'll get used to it but it won't feel like you're spending all your time revising. You're welcome, you will do well!
What would you call quality revision techniques?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm not completely sure but ive tried out flashcards and they work for me. Do what works for you and try many methods
Original post by rosie.mn
I think that is good because it's always quality over quantity, if you revise for a lot of hours on end but you find yourself distracted and as if you're not getting stuff done then there's no point doing it. I think you should keep that up but perhaps do a couple of sessions of it, so give yourself that time twice or perhaps 3 times a day, you'll get used to it but it won't feel like you're spending all your time revising. You're welcome, you will do well!

Cannot thank people like you enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Username3097486
Hmm not completely sure but ive tried out flashcards and they work for me. Do what works for you and try many methods

Yea I think I'll give that a go, thank you mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea I think I'll give that a go, thank you mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btw, on capability. I'd say its 95 percent hard work and 5 percent intelligence. intellgence will get you far, but hard work will get you further!
Thanks so much, you've boosted my confidence so much, I've been feeling pretty low lately and unmotivated so thanks man!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much, you've boosted my confidence so much, I've been feeling pretty low lately and unmotivated so thanks man!

Posted from TSR Mobile

dw man, you got 6 weeks now give it all! go hard or go home!! like Shia Labeouf said JUST DO IT

Quick Reply

Latest