The Student Room Group

This is why guys have no chance when it comes to online dating

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nihilisme
Someone on reddit did an ''experiment'' to see what would happen when a girl most people would consider below average to average attractiveness posted on their "amiugly" subreddit

Pic of the girl:

http://i.imgur.com/RSXZNGx.jpg

As you can see from the images all the white knights are gonna make her ego skyrocket and make her think she's a model or smth lmao

Lol. Seen this same thread somewhere else. you aweir?
Original post by thefatone
my organs?

tasty :colone:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Do you think she's even worse than below average? I wouldn't say she's that bad.

I think she's relatively attractive.
Actually it is.

Reddit has 231 million unique monthly visitors

Interesting would be the ratio of visitors to those who posted her a message
Original post by hellodave5
tasty :colone:

they're supposed to stay in my body not stay out >.>
I think OP is using a picture of a bad looking girl and using comments from a better looking girl to make us think the disparity is that big, if it was true then he could've just linked the reddit thread.

I don't think guys are that desperate to give that girl a 9/10.
what the flip are you talking about, op?
Apologies but I couldn't really figure out what that meant and yeah I guess constantly complimenting is weird but this was on reddit and not a dating site, so the guys wouldn't be expecting anything more or at least they shouldn't be.

Yeah, sorry. It did seem long-winded. :P I just meant the same 'white-knights' are probably digging their own graves with the constant compliments. Because that would seem like desperation - hence, these girls not being interested in them, leading them to complain about it afterwards.

And yeah, that is a fair point. But I see so much stuff like this elsewhere as well, on Instagram especially. Makes me cringe to the max.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Imo she isn't below average :/

But thirsty men on reddit will be thirsty. That's why they're on reddit - it's hardly a representative sample.

Also saying someone is on reddit because they're thirsty hardly makes sense, nearly all of my male friends including myself use reddit, even one of our teachers at school used it. Not one of us have ever used it to pick up girls or anything like that.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Yeah, sorry. It did seem long-winded. :P I just meant the same 'white-knights' are probably digging their own graves with the constant compliments. Because that would seem like desperation - hence, these girls not being interested in them, leading them to complain about it afterwards.

And yeah, that is a fair point. But I see so much stuff like this elsewhere as well, on Instagram especially. Makes me cringe to the max.

I think sometimes, if someone is really unattractive people might give them higher scores to not upset them. Like on Facebook, girls used to always do these "Like my post and I'll rate your looks" and whenever their fat, unattractive friend like it all the comments would be. "10/10 girl" "So gorgeous girl 1000/10), "I want your figure so hot girl, 10/10"
Reply 30
I think the messages are from the private messages of a fake account set up to see what happens. Not messages on the actual thread?
Reply 31
I think OP is using a picture of a bad looking girl and using comments from a better looking girl to make us think the disparity is that big, if it was true then he could've just linked the reddit thread.

I don't think guys are that desperate to give that girl a 9/10.

yes, I'm a bored evil genius with nothing better to do with my time than dupe randomers on the internet :rolleyes:
Also saying someone is on reddit because they're thirsty hardly makes sense, nearly all of my male friends including myself use reddit, even one of our teachers at school used it. Not one of us have ever used it to pick up girls or anything like that.

Have I offended you in some way? I feel you're being defensive.

The reason the people on this particular forum on reddit use said forum is to thirst over girls obviously and attempt to gain access to more pictures. I did not mean to generalise the entire reddit userbase as thirsty men - that's clearly untrue as it is not only men that use reddit.
Bs thread. Post link op or your bsing. But i agree many people hand out 9 out of 10 like its ice cream on there
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Have I offended you in some way? I feel you're being defensive.

The reason the people on this particular forum on reddit use said forum is to thirst over girls obviously and attempt to gain access to more pictures. I did not mean to generalise the entire reddit userbase as thirsty men - that's clearly untrue as it is not only men that use reddit.

You said people on reddit are thirsty hence why they use reddit, you could've specified.

I don't think even 1% of the reddit userbase even uses that sub.
Reply 35
I would have said she was fairly decent looking. Interesting eyes, nice pouty lips, smooth skin, decent hair.

Sure, some of the guys might have gone a bit overboard, but then again everyone has different tastes. Post a picture of anyone on the internet and you've got a big enough sample size that there will be people who probably do think she's absolutely gorgeous. Everyone has different tastes.
(edited 8 years ago)
You said people on reddit are thirsty hence why they use reddit, you could've specified.

I don't think even 1% of the reddit userbase even uses that sub.

No. I said the reason thirsty men are on reddit is because they're thirsty.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Are you serious? She's below average to average looking? :lolwut: What does that make me, a disfigured gargoyle?

:console: handsome is as handsome does pet.
Reply 38
Original post by Dheorl
I would have said she was fairly decent looking. Interesting eyes, nice pouty lips, smooth skin, decent hair.

Sure, some of the guys might have gone a bit overboard, but then again everyone has different tastes. Post a picture of anyone on the internet and you've got a big enough sample size that will be people who probably do think she's absolutely gorgeous. Everyone has different tastes.

Interesting eyes?

Her eyes look underdeveloped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Interesting eyes?

Her eyes look underdeveloped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not quite sure what you mean by underdeveloped tbh. The iris has quite a dark ring which gives them a certain depth, they have a nice enough colour. I don't see anything wrong with them as such. Sure, not the giant eyes that might be seen as more normally attractive, but as mentioned, everyone has different tastes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending