The Student Room Group

Further Maths, Yay or Nay?

Hello, i am just wondering if its a good idea to take further maths as an A-level because it is offered and my school and i really enjoy maths and am enthusiastic about it, i should hopefully get an A* in my GCSE and i also plan to take maths and physics along side it as my other two A-levels, would you recommend ? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Joman_X
Hello, i am just wondering if its a good idea to take further maths as an A-level because it is offered and my school and i really enjoy maths and am enthusiastic about it, i should hopefully get an A* in my GCSE and i also plan to take maths and physics along side it as my other two A-levels, would you recommend ? Thanks

Don't do it you know it's ****
I'd say go for it! I'm doing maths, f maths and physics for a level next year and while it sounds scary in theory, I'm hoping I'll adapt to it well as I'm very interested in maths and it does come quite naturally to me. Good luck with whatever you choose :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by NiamhM1801
I'd say go for it! I'm doing maths, f maths and physics for a level next year and while it sounds scary in theory, I'm hoping I'll adapt to it well as I'm very interested in maths and it does come quite naturally to me. Good luck with whatever you choose :smile:

Is this my bf James?
Original post by TylerJM
Is this my bf James?

:smile:
Original post by Joman_X

I'm wanting to take further maths as an a-level:smile:. I like maths and it's also recommended for the degree I'd like to go on to study and everyone I know who's taken it has said it's definitely a challenge but depends on your passion for the subject. Even though I have no experience of the actual a-level yet I'd say do it - I've heard it's quite a big jump from gcse though
Original post by TylerJM
Is this my bf James?

I'm sorry what? :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by NiamhM1801
I'm sorry what? :confused:

Bet it is, James what are you doing?
Reply 8
I'm fully aware that it's going to be really really hard but im prepared to put the time and effort in, unfortunately it seems to have a lot of negativity from other people in my school
Reply 9
If you enjoy maths, definitely do it. Doing further maths helps you get better at maths because you get a lot of maths practice.
Original post by TylerJM
Bet it is, James what are you doing?

Lmao I have no idea who James is so...
it is the hardest A level you can do in this country.
yayyyyy
Original post by the bear
it is the hardest A level you can do in this country.

After Additional Further Maths :colone:
Original post by Joman_X

Original post by QuibblerWaffle
I'm wanting to take further maths as an a-level:smile:. I like maths and it's also recommended for the degree I'd like to go on to study and everyone I know who's taken it has said it's definitely a challenge but depends on your passion for the subject. Even though I have no experience of the actual a-level yet I'd say do it - I've heard it's quite a big jump from gcse though

FM you do the same as everyone else who's doing normal maths but in 1 year instead of 2 and you have to do a Further maths module aswell
Original post by Student403
After Additional Further Maths :colone:

shush

:spank:

:rofl:
Original post by thefatone
FM you do the same as everyone else who's doing normal maths but in 1 year instead of 2 and you have to do a Further maths module aswell

Not necessarily true. It depends on your school
Original post by the bear
shush

:spank:

:rofl:

:teehee:
57% of people who do it get an A i think so dont be intimidated by it! Im planning to take it too next year, and maths and physics compliment it well.
Original post by Student403
Not necessarily true. It depends on your school

oh? i thought it was the same for most schools...

Quick Reply

Latest