The Student Room Group

This is why guys have no chance when it comes to online dating

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
Although I am not sure if it's legit, I believe the point is guys tend to have lower standards and build a girls ego up which makes her think she's above certain guys.

how pretty is the girl in the pic?
OP, do you really find the girl ugly .. ? She is definitely not ..

Original post by the bear
beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside you that matters.

PRSOM :h: .
Original post by Proxenus
how pretty is the girl in the pic?

I don't know if OP is legit, but I don't think the one that he linked is that pretty. She's not ugly but she looks ok.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
OP, do you really find the girl ugly .. ? She is definitely not ..

PRSOM :h: .

the French have a lovely expression... elle est jolie laide

which means ( CMIIW ) ugly in a beautiful way :h:
the French have a lovely expression... elle est jolie laide

which means ( CMIIW ) ugly in a beautiful way :h:

I would not say it is ugly in a beautiful way , just beautiful but not in the society standards maybe .. Or something like that. But still , what is "society standard" then ?

Maybe it is because I am a girl , but for me she is pretty. Maybe not a model ; but definitely pretty !
I don't know if OP is legit, but I don't think the one that he linked is that pretty. She's not ugly but she looks ok.

i mean't your avi
Reply 46
Cute girl tbh
So, if a girl gets complimented in person, does this affect guys dating prospects in person as well?
i mean't your avi

I think Jei is off the scale, I don't think even other K-Pop stars are remotely on her level, but I think that's more of a personal preference.
Reply 49
Original post by RivalPlayer
You could land a Boeing 777 on that forehead.

I kno rite.

People on here who think she's pretty must either be ugly themselves or have some ugly as phuk friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside you that matters.

Said no one ever whilst keeping a straight face

Original post by Architecture-er
But then that implies you would want to date the above girl... if you cared?

She can be as delusional as she wants, I'll be busy dating other girls who don't listen to ****boys lol

But that's the point of this thread. This happens to all girls on social media and dating sites. Pretty much any woman with any sort of online presence will have thirsty white knights making her think she's god's gift to men

I think sometimes, if someone is really unattractive people might give them higher scores to not upset them. Like on Facebook, girls used to always do these "Like my post and I'll rate your looks" and whenever their fat, unattractive friend like it all the comments would be. "10/10 girl" "So gorgeous girl 1000/10), "I want your figure so hot girl, 10/10"

Yes that does happen but it's mostly girls that do that not guys.

Secondly it's unlikely to happen in this case because people can post anonymously, so no repercussions if they tear her to shreds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
If she bases her value on what guys think of her it'll only take one insult to take her down. That's a shallow way to base your worth.
I think Jei is off the scale, I don't think even other K-Pop stars are remotely on her level, but I think that's more of a personal preference.

so you're a white male that likes asian girls?
She's not ugly IMO but her face is clearly made up and she still looks quite average. I don't get why people put up pictures of themselves and ask other to rate it, seems like attention seeking.
so you're a white male that likes asian girls?

No I'm not white, I wouldn't say I like Asian girls more so than others. I guess on average I am more attracted to white girls cause most girls I know are white but Jei from Fiestar is the most attractive girl I've ever seen of any race.

I'm not Asian but I'm not white either, I'm mixed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nihilisme
Someone on reddit did an ''experiment'' to see what would happen when a girl most people would consider below average to average attractiveness posted on their "amiugly" subreddit

Pic of the girl:

http://i.imgur.com/RSXZNGx.jpg

As you can see from the images all the white knights are gonna make her ego skyrocket and make her think she's a model or smth lmao

Surely it depends how appealing those guys are? They seem very desperate, so perhaps not the pick of the litter.
Reply 56
Op used a bad example, the girl imo is not below average and it seems like to most people she is not below average either,

nethertheless, i get the point he is trying to make about girls getting over inflated remarks about their looks online. I have seen it a lot myself with girls who I genuingly beleive most would say are below average.

guys on the whole are a lot thirstier online than in real life. It is so easy to just write a message to a woman, and it requires little to no confidence at all on his part. It is also easier for a man to cheat, and as the girl has no social connections to him it is easier for the man to just pump and dump her and get rid. You can't really do that with a girl in your social circle can you. Also there are some women that a man would like to have sex with but wouldn't take as his girlfriend or walk around in public because he is scared of his image or what his friends might think of her, ....but if he can manage to get her online and none of his circle know about it then that's great for him. A combination of all of the above make online a pretty much ideal place for men to try and get girls. As SO MANY men are using online to try and get girls it is feirecly competitive and men use any means possible to try and secure a female, which often includes giving her false compliments in order for him to appeal more to her.

If a female does not feel great about her apperance and you've got one guy who has convinced her she's beautiful, and he's treating her like a queen and the next guy who's not really being very affectionate then who do you think has the edge? [assuming both guys physically are closely matched looks wise]

This feirce competition drives up a female's market value online to much higher than it is in the real world. Ofline she could be that girl who all the boys in her class ignore or who's never been asked out before, but the moment she steps online and opens a profile on a dating site like plentyoffish she's a SUPERSTAR
I'd rather be thought good-looking by a pretty girl than by an ugly one.

It's not about the numbers. It's about who they're coming from.
Original post by Supersaps
I'd rather be thought good-looking by a pretty girl than by an ugly one.

It's not about the numbers. It's about who they're coming from.

I agree. And I hate it when people say they go for personality as opposed to looks. Looks is an important factor too, it creates attraction and without it, it's pretty difficult to satisfy someone sexually. Yes personality is important, I favour that immensely but you shouldn't need to compromise looks too.
Original post by Rhythmical
I agree. And I hate it when people say they go for personality as opposed to looks. Looks is an important factor too, it creates attraction and without it, it's pretty difficult to satisfy someone sexually. Yes personality is important, I favour that immensely but you shouldn't need to compromise looks too.

I think it's both true tbh, like if I found somebody ugly obviously I'd never be attracted to them but I think as long as they're average, your perception of someone changes the more you know them.

Like not even girls I like, just my friends when I met them I never thought much of them but as I got to know them more, I realise they're all decently pretty.

Whereas someone I dislike, I'm more likely to think they look bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest