The Student Room Group

Sikhs: Would you marry a Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This isnt true, they are allowed to marry Christians and surprisingly even Jews since their God is regarded as the same, but Sikhs? Not so sure, depends on how strict she follows her religion i guess

Wait, are Muslim women allowed to marry Christian or Jew men?!
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Preach bruh, lets hope we break the cycle

I wouldn't mind if my children wanted to marry a non-Muslim tbh.
Original post by BrokenLife
Wait, are Muslim women allowed to marry Christian or Jew men?!

No the anonymous is mistaken.
Original post by IdeasForLife
No the anonymous is mistaken.

Ikr! From what I know, only Muslim men can marry outside Islam and that too if its Abrahamic religions.
Ikr! From what I know, only Muslim men can marry outside Islam and that too if its Abrahamic religions.

Yh you're right, it's one of those things which is pretty much agreed upon by everyone (who is legit) :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yh you're right, it's one of those things which is pretty much agreed upon by everyone (who is legit) :yep:

What do you mean 'who is legit'?:s-smilie:
What do you mean 'who is legit'?:s-smilie:

People who aren't legit range from people like Maajid Nawaaz to Osama Bin Laden. The former tends to fight Islam(whilst claiming to be Muslim) and the latter goes to the extremes to fight non-Muslims(whilst claiming all his actions are Islamicly justified).

I'm only applying this to people who have been known to come on TV/make videos/claim Islamic authority(like scholars).
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't mind if my children wanted to marry a non-Muslim tbh.

its on u
People who aren't legit range from people like Maajid Nawaaz to Osama Bin Laden. The former tends to fight Islam(whilst claiming to be Muslim) and the latter goes to the extremes to fight non-Muslims(whilst claiming all his actions are Islamicly justified).

I'm only applying this to people who have been known to come on TV/make videos/claim Islamic authority(like scholars).

Ahh okay, makes sense:h:

Original post by ArbinderSingh98
its on u

:h:

So... Zakir Naik? He seems to come on TV and claim Islamic authority

Posted from TSR Mobile
On a positive note :biggrin::

Attachment not found
Original post by chemting
So... Zakir Naik? He seems to come on TV and claim Islamic authority

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I could apply my legit/not legit thing with him but I might thinking of adding some intermediate levels.
I guess I could apply my legit/not legit thing with him but I might thinking of adding some intermediate levels.

Lol have a munafiq hierarchy... not a bad idea tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Islamic rule doesn't allow Muslim women to marry outside Islam but some do. I even know a man who married a Hindu lady.

No, they are allowed to marry those of mono-theistic faith and I don't see how Sikhism doesn't correlate with so considering they do worship one god? I am a Muslim, and I believe Muslim girl's should have the right and liberation to fulfill all their wishes, and if she want's to marry the guy then she can! :smile:
Actually our holy scripture doesn't mention anything about us not being allowed to marry Muslims, or any non-Sikhs.

Who told you that anyway?

Basically, the Muslim girl can marry you but it will be more of a question of culture, than religion trust me. :biggrin: If she's Asian/Arab, culture will pay such a grand and fortified role in whether you too marry because it is all about "reputation" etc. Some scholars have allowed Sikh's to marry muslims, considering you worship One God, however like the kids should be allowed to go mosque and whatever..
Like my thread said before. I'm a Sikh guy and I'm going to ask a Muslim girl.

Just wondering if any other Sikhs would be open to do the same. Just wondering.

I am not Sikh but I think love is love no matter what religion they are.
Original post by Adzkii786
No, they are allowed to marry those of mono-theistic faith and I don't see how Sikhism doesn't correlate with so considering they do worship one god? I am a Muslim, and I believe Muslim girl's should have the right and liberation to fulfill all their wishes, and if she want's to marry the guy then she can! :smile:

I don't think they have any ruling on Sikhs. They aren't "people of the book" but they aren't "polytheists/pagan" either: so due to the time the Quran was written, Sikhism falls in this no-man's land... obviously most conservative scholars (and ppl in general) rule otherwise but you're right lol. I don't see a reason why not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think they have any ruling on Sikhs. They aren't "people of the book" but they aren't "polytheists/pagan" either: so due to the time the Quran was written, Sikhism falls in this no-man's land... obviously most conservative scholars (and ppl in general) rule otherwise but you're right lol. I don't see a reason why not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

man said pagan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Adzkii786

Sikhs are considered polytheistic because of the way that they treat their gurus, from an Islamic perspective - it doesn't matter that they believe in one God ultimately because it's not strict monotheism. If you wish I could pull relevant verses to prove my point.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Sikhs are considered polytheistic because of the way that they treat their gurus, from an Islamic perspective - it doesn't matter that they believe in one God ultimately because it's not strict monotheism. If you wish I could pull relevant verses to prove my point.

Lol its okay, I think I know the verses in question. Again, "strict monotheism" and "loose monotheism" depends upon interpretation (whether you take a literal or a non-literal one) - this is a very similar issue with Ahmadiyyas.

As I said before, many conservative scholars and Muslim (like you for e.g.) would rule against it. Some "Islamic perspective" treat Christians as polytheist due to the way they treat Jesus & the trinity - what's your view on that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending