The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zXcodeXz
I was thinking about that but the first thing is getting the grades which I'm not really capable of getting

Why? Get off TSR and work.
Hi im really struggling in IGSCE biology and chemistry. Im currently a e grade and i just give up on science. Is there any hope i can get a c and how many hours should i do
Original post by jenigma
Why? Get off TSR and work.

Yeah true how should I revise for maths?
Original post by waleed29
Hi im really struggling in IGSCE biology and chemistry. Im currently a e grade and i just give up on science. Is there any hope i can get a c and how many hours should i do

Buy a revision guide and go through it and always do past papers

I did both of them too. I got an E in my Bio mock and a B in the IGCSE overall, literally buy a textbook and make thorough notes on every section. It's a lot of work but it pays off, I got a C in chemistry which wasn't as good but almost all our year failed IGCSE chemistry haha! Watch some vids online too should help!
And to answer OP, I got 6As, 6Bs and a C :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do i have time and how many hours should i spend and how do i register it in my head?

Original post by blinx2100
I did both of them too. I got an E in my Bio mock and a B in the IGCSE overall, literally buy a textbook and make thorough notes on every section. It's a lot of work but it pays off, I got a C in chemistry which wasn't as good but almost all our year failed IGCSE chemistry haha! Watch some vids online too should help!
And to answer OP, I got 6As, 6Bs and a C :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get A's in?
Do i have time and how many hours should i spend and how do i register it in my head?

Yes you have time, as long as your revision becomes your sole focus from now on. I know that I could've gotten some A*s if I'd actually cared about my revision, and that's something I regret so make sure you put in your full effort but do remember, if you don't get the grades you want, it's not the end of the world!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you get A's in?

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History, German and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History, German and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing!! How did you revise for maths?
Amazing!! How did you revise for maths?

Thanks hehe! Well, if I'm totally honest I didn't revise for normal maths. For Further Maths however, I wasn't taught the course so I had to learn it myself. My revision consisted mainly of reading through the whole damn Further textbook and answering practice questions on every subject. I'm a very all or nothing kind of guy haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks hehe! Well, if I'm totally honest I didn't revise for normal maths. For Further Maths however, I wasn't taught the course so I had to learn it myself. My revision consisted mainly of reading through the whole damn Further textbook and answering practice questions on every subject. I'm a very all or nothing kind of guy haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's good no wonder you done really good I'm going to try and get 3A*'s 4A's 2B's or 1A* 6A's 2B's
Yeah that's good no wonder you done really good I'm going to try and get 3A*'s 4A's 2B's or 1A* 6A's 2B's

Good luck with that! With the right kind of attitude you can easily do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with that! With the right kind of attitude you can easily do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Woah how did you revise for all these?

I just did a lot of past papers to get the exam technique right and made detailed notes covering everything in the specification for each subject. I used CGP for science and georgaphy. For languages I didn't really revise because we did a lot of revision during lessons. For maths I didn't reuse because it came naturally- I did past papers only. For subjects like English language and literature I made sure that I thought about possible alternative interpretations of a word or phrase when writing about pieces of text.

Hoesntly, there's no tricks or secrets involved- just work hard and make detailed notes and do every single past paper. I recommend writing your notes in the style of exam answers- for example, in sciences they'll often ask fyou to explain something- make sure that when you write your notes about this concept, you write it so that it includes what the examiner is looking for- not necessarily what the enter rebook oil or your teacher told you.
6A*2A1B1C

Got B's, Cs Ds and Us in December mocks so I was pretty happy. That was such a long time ago..
Original post by Trapz99
I just did a lot of past papers to get the exam technique right and made detailed notes covering everything in the specification for each subject. I used CGP for science and georgaphy. For languages I didn't really revise because we did a lot of revision during lessons. For maths I didn't reuse because it came naturally- I did past papers only. For subjects like English language and literature I made sure that I thought about possible alternative interpretations of a word or phrase when writing about pieces of text.

Hoesntly, there's no tricks or secrets involved- just work hard and make detailed notes and do every single past paper. I recommend writing your notes in the style of exam answers- for example, in sciences they'll often ask fyou to explain something- make sure that when you write your notes about this concept, you write it so that it includes what the examiner is looking for- not necessarily what the enter rebook oil or your teacher told you.

Oh ok thanks for your help!
Original post by AnkitKapoor
6A*2A1B1C

Got B's, Cs Ds and Us in December mocks so I was pretty happy. That was such a long time ago..

What year? And pretty awesome results you got!! What did you get individually?
8 A*s and 3 As 💪🏻 I was chuffed on results day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 A*s, 5As and 3Bs, rather sub par for my school

Quick Reply

Latest