Microscopic particles.

Paranoia.

say pus not particles.
Original post by xobeauty
say pus not particles.

Particles.
Original post by hezzlington
Okay since you've totally missed the point,

people drink milk because they can. It's as simple as that.
That doesn't make it right...
Original post by Multitalented me
That doesn't make it right...

So..?
Milk has never been shown in any meta analysis to be bad for you

Milk is pasteurised, there's no white blood cells in it, so no pus or blood and the vast proportion of bacteria are killed.

Op are you a vegan per chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Particles.

Microscopic pus.
Original post by Angry cucumber

Milk is pasteurised, there's no white blood cells in it, so no pus or blood and the vast proportion of bacteria are killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes so the ethical side is very important to me, I don't feel it's right for humans to think that they own other species. Dairy is a cruel, damaging industry, cows milk is to nourish baby calfs just like breast milk is to nourish newborn babies. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.
Original post by Angry cucumber

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes there is...there's a certain amount that's allowed in the milk.
You can get gains from plant based milk, which is also much healthier.

And far more expensive.
Original post by TorpidPhil
And far more expensive.
So what if it is, if it really is too much for you then perhaps do away with milk altogether?
So what if it is, if it really is too much for you then perhaps do away with milk altogether?

No, because milk is a very cheap source of protein AND healthy calories. Very useful if you do sports and/or want to look good!
No, because milk is a very cheap source of protein AND healthy calories. Very useful if you do sports and/or want to look good!
There are other more ethical ways to obtain that, but I sadly don't see you changing your views any time soon.
There are other more ethical ways to obtain that, but I sadly don't see you changing your views any time soon.

More ethical perhaps, but they cost more... I think my looking good and/or contributing to society through sports endeavours is worth that ethical harm when considering the alternative would be less money. Money that I as a student don't really possess.
More ethical perhaps, but they cost more... I think my looking good and/or contributing to society through sports endeavours is worth that ethical harm when considering the alternative would be less money. Money that I as a student don't really possess.
Milk isn't a necessity though, you can still be just as healthy if not more without it.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
There are some worries rice milk contains too much arsenic. I prefer almond milk anyway, I eat sooo much rice and fish it's actually insane. :p:

To OP, for a lot of people it comes down to convenience and just not seeing it as a problem. I just drink almond milk because it's better nutrition wise on a micro scale but the ethical reasons are just another good reason too. I do it because it gives me an added benefit and don't really care whether or not other people see that advantages. But you won't change anyone's mind online even if you post enough studies so I would give up. :p:
Haha yeah, I guess many people just don't care about the ethics & are so invested in themselves. Human nature seems a lot about just following what the majority of people are doing & not really properly thinking why we do it & the effects it can have on the world.
Because we have been doing it for thousands of years.

I drink it now and will probably continue doing so for the rest of my life. I've tried other milks even camel (don't ask, it was horrible), soy and almond milk (didn't fancy those either). Cow's milk just tastes the best, filtered ones like Cravendale are all I buy.
Milk isn't a necessity though, you can still be just as healthy if not more without it.

If you pay more for other milk variants and happen to enjoy of such as much, yes. Milk is necessary insofar as it is cheap. If we had infinite money it would not be. We use it mostly because it is cheap.
Reply 77
You are right.
The diary industry is ****ing disgusting.
Cows abused, cows injected with pregnancy hormones to keep them pregnant at all times to produce milk
Milk literally has no benefit to the human body, it actually damages it.
Crazy imo

No health benefit, cruelty to animals, unnatural. idk
Reply 78
Original post by hezzlington
Yeah the dairy industry is cruel.

Human trafficking and sex slaves is cruel. Terrorism is cruel. The tobacco industry is cruel. The fashion industry with respect to manufacturing and labour practice is cruel.

Life is cruel.

We need to learn how to treat eachother before we really worry about how to look after the earth and it's lovely animals.

Priorities.

animals are literally helpless, they have no say in the matter. cows kept pregnant all year around, injected with hormones & their babies taken off them. and milk has no benefits, its actually harmful to the human body. **** how we treat eachother, the world needs reorganised and can work, regardless if we treat eachother nice. how i treat my next door neighbour is less important than cows being abused to make a profit, imo.
Reply 79
not healthy calories. drinking a cows milk and hormones is seriously damaging to the human body, the diary industry has been proved as the biggest joke of capitalism so far.
a cow being kept pregnant all year around is mayhem, so nasty little fkers can get "protein".. go and eat a few green veggies

Quick Reply

Latest