The Student Room Group

Need advice from Pakistanis / Muslims. Potentially ruined my reputation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cuddle_me_in
Yes, in Asian culture, that is enough to make me seem like a whore.
Aw man, this is causing me so much grief.

That a single kiss is causing so much grief shows how harmful even moderate Islamic culture can be I guess :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes you did do something wrong, but you are human after all and everyone makes mistakes. You live and you learn. So who the heck cares about what people think? Let them think anything, it's not like they're perfect, everyone is ashamed of something they've secretly done. Allah will forgive anyone, no matter what anyone does. If I were you, honestly I'd just tell my mother and own up to your mistake, it's better her finding out from you than from someone else. This dumb "honour" in families is ridiculous, people value their honour over the deen lol. Just do what's best for you and your family tbh
Original post by KINGYusuf
So who the heck cares about what people think? Let them think anything, it's not like they're perfect, everyone is ashamed of something they've secretly done. Allah will forgive anyone, no matter what anyone does. If I were you, honestly I'd just tell my mother and own up to your mistake, it's better her finding out from you than from someone else. This dumb "honour" in families is ridiculous, people value their honour over the deen lol. Just do what's best for you and your family tbh

her family might hit her
Original post by RobML
That a single kiss is causing so much grief shows how harmful even moderate Islamic culture can be I guess :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

woww thats rather ignorant, easy with the sweeping accusations buddy.
Reply 24
Original post by whysoseriousx
woww thats rather ignorant, easy with the sweeping accusations buddy.

What's ignorant about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
What's ignorant about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ignorance is indicative of a lack of knowledge/awareness pertaining to said subject in this case, read that, then read what you wrote and come back to me
Reply 26
ignorance is indicative of a lack of knowledge/awareness pertaining to said subject in this case, read that, then read what you wrote and come back to me

Still don't get what you're trying to say sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Still don't get what you're trying to say sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok, not trying to argue here btw, and for the record i'm not Muslim but have a particular disdain towards ignorance.

In short, you are misconstruing cultural traditions/politics with that of Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
ok, not trying to argue here btw, and for the record i'm not Muslim put have a particular disdain towards ignorance.

In short, you are misconstruing cultural traditions/politics with that of Islam.

The reason what she did is looked upon as sinful is because of Islam. It's pretty straightforward. Though I admit the whole family honour thing is a much wider issue that stretches way beyond Islamic culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
If you're a Muslim then surely at 23 you must know lying, drinking and adultery is haram.

Orite, orite, haram police. The OP is literally saying how she feels bad clearly she knows that's haram. No need to make her even more guilty. Ffs.
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islamic values topped with South Asian culture=disaster

You sure you into Asian girls? go for Indian Hindu/Sikh girls. Muslim girls, especially Pakistanis and done. All this happens for a kiss.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by BrokenLife
Orite, orite, haram police. The OP is literally saying how she feels bad clearly she knows that's haram. No need to make her even more guilty. Ffs.

You sure you into Asian girls? go for Indian Hindu/Sikh girls. Muslim girls, especially Pakistanis and done. All this happens for a kiss.

I've already learnt to tread carefully; don't worry about me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
I've already learnt to tread carefully; don't worry about me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha tis was just a reminder:tongue:
Reply 32
Haha tis was just a reminder:tongue:

I've been in a really low mood today and feel like I've been posting nothing but nonsense. Happens all the time, gah

Posted from TSR Mobile

interesting, and you are??
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not just islamic culture, it's just really ingrained into South Asians. As time passes people are starting to care less and less, but I say that and then I go to a relatives house or something and normally a conversation pops up about girls and their bad reputations and how disgraceful it is, and how it's all their mothers fault etc etc etc

Also I live in a town with a large Sikh community, and have a lot of family in the area so from a young age I was always told to look and be respectful when going out, dress modestly and act properly, never stay out late or don't let anyone see you coming home late with friends etc. But it's not true for all south Asians obviously, only the ones that grow up in more traditional families.
Original post by RobML
I've been in a really low mood today and feel like I've been posting nothing but nonsense. Happens all the time, gah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm sorry :frown: Cheer up :biggrin:
interesting, and you are??

As in like my ethnicity? I'm Pakistani.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It's not just islamic culture, it's just really ingrained into South Asians. As time passes people are starting to care less and less, but I say that and then I go to a relatives house or something and normally a conversation pops up about girls and their bad reputations and how disgraceful it is, and how it's all their mothers fault etc etc etc

Also I live in a town with a large Sikh community, and have a lot of family in the area so from a young age I was always told to look and be respectful when going out, dress modestly and act properly, never stay out late or don't let anyone see you coming home late with friends etc. But it's not true for all south Asians obviously, only the ones that grow up in more traditional families.

Absolutely agreed. Its just generally desi mentality but it becomes even a bigger deal when you're a Muslim.
good point.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Muslim/Non Muslim I need to know the motive gurl!!!
Oh I'm sorry :frown: Cheer up :biggrin:

As in like my ethnicity? I'm Pakistani.
Muslim/Non Muslim I need to know the motive gurl!!!

You could say I'm a Muslim but not very strict or religious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending