The Student Room Group

Girls, would you rather...?

Would you rather be in a relationship with a guy who makes you feel secure in that you don't need to wear makeup around him all the time, you don't need to dress up unless you feel like it, you don't have to constanly worry about weight, the gym (I have heard weight gain is pretty common in both partners in solid relationships) etc.

Or would you rather a relationship with someone you consider to be "out of your league", so requiring you to stay pretty vigilant where your appearance is concerned?

Basically, I suppose I am asking whether it is a good sign when a gf feels she doesn't have to make the effort aesthetically unless she wants to.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you rather be in a relationship with a guy who makes you feel secure in that you don't need to wear makeup around him all the time, you don't need to dress up unless you feel like it, you don't have to constanly worry about weight, the gym (I have heard weight gain is pretty common in both partners in solid relationships) etc.

THIS.. I want someone who just don't love me physically.
The first one obvs. If she doesn't feel like making an effort as much as before, she's probably comfortable around you.
Original post by Anonymous

Or would you rather a relationship with someone you consider to be "out of your league", so requiring you to stay pretty vigilant where your appearance is concerned?

Basically, I suppose I am asking whether it is a good sign when a gf feels she doesn't have to make the effort aesthetically unless she wants to.

the first option.

except I would expect both of us to stay in shape pls n thnx m8. I would expect both of us to appreciate each other enough to not just "slack off cause we accept each other" but to be grateful for each other and not be lazy. (obviously keeping fit for your own self too)
I'm a guy obviously. But I'd just like to say that it should be a good thing to be with someone who challenges you.
As a guy if the tables were turned I would like situation no 2
(No 1 due to my personality would very easily turn me to a slob)
Original post by BristolFresher15
I'm a guy obviously. But I'd just like to say that it should be a good thing to be with someone who challenges you.

Yeah... to aim higher and achieve your goals in life. Not someone who makes you worry about your appearance - which means nothing in life - 24/7
Original post by jenigma
Yeah... to aim higher and achieve your goals in life. Not someone who makes you worry about your appearance - which means nothing in life - 24/7

a bit extreme there m8
it's good to have someone who challenges you in every way, to an extent.
looking after yourself and your appearance is part of that imo
To be honest, the second one.
I know I may come across as being shallow but I would love to be with someone that motivates me to take care of my appearance. I love looking good, I think first impressions are important. If I end up with the first guy...I will "let myself go" and not care about my appearance.
Original post by jenigma

Yes, including appearance-wise.

Not to worry, but to work towards a goal physique together. Not be too comfortable in a negative sense.
Original post by loveleest
To be honest, the second one.
I know I may come across as being shallow but I would love to be with someone that motivates me to take care of my appearance. I love looking good, I think first impressions are important. If I end up with the first guy...I will "let myself go" and not care about my appearance.

^^That's what I meant @jenigma
My relationship is like the first one but I'm quite vigilant about my appearance most of the time anyway :smile: I usually like to look my best, though I'm happy for him to see me looking my worst :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BristolFresher15
Yes, including appearance-wise.

Not to worry, but to work towards a goal physique together. Not be too comfortable in a negative sense.

Fair play.

I don't know any people in relationship 1 who actually let themselves go though, only more 'comfortable' with their SO eg. no make-up around the house or it's okay not to shave legs often. Hence my opinion.
Original post by jenigma
Fair play.

I don't know any people in relationship 1 who actually let themselves go though, only more 'comfortable' with their SO eg. no make-up around the house or it's okay not to shave legs often. Hence my opinion.

Oh okay, well that doesn't factor into my parameters for my statement so we both agree on that :smile:
Number one all the way.

I don't wear make up, probably due to my dry skin.

I want a guy who encourages me to work out tho , but doesn't encourage me to wear makeup.

Hopefully, there's the right guy put there :smile:
We should all worry about weight gain....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending