The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by super_kawaii
4 A*s, 5As and 3Bs, rather sub par for my school

Woah nice results what did you get individually?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Woah nice results what did you get individually?

A* in French, German, Chemistry and Physics

A in Biology, English language, English literature, Maths and IT

B in History, Geography and RS

Bs were always seen as a bad grade at the school I went to, so I actually didn't do that well
A* in French, German, Chemistry and Physics

A in Biology, English language, English literature, Maths and IT

B in History, Geography and RS

Bs were always seen as a bad grade at the school I went to, so I actually didn't do that well

They are good grades, how did you revise for maths and history?
They are good grades, how did you revise for maths and history?

For maths I had to get a private tutor because I'm so bad at it. I would've got at most a D (a fail grade) had I not had a tutor.

History I kept going through my notes but I really didn't enjoy the topics we did-too much British history for my liking
Hi, what did you guys get in GCSE's, I'm trying to motivate myself to get top grades.

7 A*s, 4 As and 1 B
Was super close to having 8A*s and no Bs. 1 UMS off on both my English exams. It still kills me.
For maths I had to get a private tutor because I'm so bad at it. I would've got at most a D (a fail grade) had I not had a tutor.

History I kept going through my notes but I really didn't enjoy the topics we did-too much British history for my liking

Exactly know what you mean I'm bad at maths and I'm only getting a C
Original post by ellie_fi
7 A*s, 4 As and 1 B
Was super close to having 8A*s and no Bs. 1 UMS off on both my English exams. It still kills me.

Woah how did you revise for all of these subjects??
What year? And pretty awesome results you got!! What did you get individually?

Year 11.

A*s: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics.

As: Maths, History

B: Geography ( As in exams, c in horrendous coursework on traffic)

C: Drama, such a waste of time for me as I tried hard but I just cannot act. And I made literally no effort for the exam apart from memorising an essay I did the day before.
Original post by AnkitKapoor
Year 11.

A*s: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics.

As: Maths, History

B: Geography ( As in exams, c in horrendous coursework on traffic)

C: Drama, such a waste of time for me as I tried hard but I just cannot act. And I made literally no effort for the exam apart from memorising an essay I did the day before.

wow what exam board did you do for maths and how did you revise for it?
wow what exam board did you do for maths and how did you revise for it?

Ergh WORST SUBJECT EVER.

I think it was Edexcel, and I was really bad so had extra private tuition from a teacher a t my school. I was a bit of an idiot and did no work by myself because I hate maths so much. I can't help you here, sorry.
Ergh WORST SUBJECT EVER.

I think it was Edexcel, and I was really bad so had extra private tuition from a teacher a t my school. I was a bit of an idiot and did no work by myself because I hate maths so much. I can't help you here, sorry.

You got an A?!?!
Original post by ByronicHero
I achieved 3 Cs.

Hi, may I ask why you did only 3 GCSEs instead of around 10?
Original post by Kaiylar
Hi, may I ask why you did only 3 GCSEs instead of around 10?

I was expelled from school.
Original post by ByronicHero
I was expelled from school.

Oh.
Original post by Kaiylar
Oh.

Lol, indeed.
You got an A?!?!

If you work hard at GCSE in about 3 months you can get 11 A*s. Essay subjects is about looking at millions of high scoring essays and doing something similar, science, Geograohy and history is just making colourful notes from the textbook and then doing past papers. Maths I'm not entirely sure about maths, it was all tutor led for me.
If you work hard at GCSE in about 3 months you can get 11 A*s. Essay subjects is about looking at millions of high scoring essays and doing something similar, science, Geograohy and history is just making colourful notes from the textbook and then doing past papers. Maths I'm not entirely sure about maths, it was all tutor led for me.

Mines next month and I only have 9 GCSE's
Original post by Latentes
13A*s 1A

How?? I can barely get an A in AQA GCSE Maths??
Reply 158
So far I got B in citizenship, C in statistics, D in core.

But I have learnt from my mistakes and I am making sure I work really hard.

My mock results showed a mix of As and Bs, with admittedly 1 D, but I was expecting that.
Original post by Jor64
So far I got B in citizenship, C in statistics, D in core.

But I have learnt from my mistakes and I am making sure I work really hard.

My mock results showed a mix of As and Bs, with admittedly 1 D, but I was expecting that.

Are you doing yours this year?

Quick Reply

Latest