The Student Room Group

Why do people still consume cow's milk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It's better than the milk of human kindnesses, that ****'s for pansies
Original post by pri33
You are right.
The diary industry is ****ing disgusting.
Cows abused, cows injected with pregnancy hormones to keep them pregnant at all times to produce milk
Milk literally has no benefit to the human body, it actually damages it.
Crazy imo

No health benefit, cruelty to animals, unnatural. idk

Strong sources. You don't know ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A wise man once said "milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

This said, each to their own so...gomad :tongue:
Original post by Multitalented me
Milk that is designed for a baby calf? It completely baffles me tbh, we're the only mammal that drinks the milk of another species, seems totally wrong to me. We have no need to drink milk after infancy but if you must there are plenty of plant based alternatives.

Did you just watch Cowspiracy LOL?
Because no one gives me breast milk :indiff:
Almond milk goes really well with nutty cereals and coconut milk in smoothies but I haven't found an alternative that tastes nice in tea. I do feel bad about drinking milk. I don't eat meat at least. I totally understand your point though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Milk that is designed for a baby calf? It completely baffles me tbh, we're the only mammal that drinks the milk of another species, seems totally wrong to me. We have no need to drink milk after infancy but if you must there are plenty of plant based alternatives.

It's not that baffling. We're the only mammals that do many things. Your logic is invalid.

But yes, there are many suitable alternatives. I myself was dairy free for a few years for medical reasons. It certainly isn't necessary.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hezzlington
Yeah the dairy industry is cruel.

Human trafficking and sex slaves is cruel. Terrorism is cruel. The tobacco industry is cruel. The fashion industry with respect to manufacturing and labour practice is cruel.

Life is cruel.

We need to learn how to treat eachother before we really worry about how to look after the earth and it's lovely animals.

Priorities.

This.
Reply 88
Why should calves have all the fun?
Im following thr GOMAD diet plan right now.
(Gallon of milk a day). Im trying to switch it up to raw milk. Does anyone know were someone can get some raw milk in london?
Lol at cows injected with hormones to keep them pregnant. There's not one that works in cows.

Yes so the ethical side is very important to me, I don't feel it's right for humans to think that they own other species. Dairy is a cruel, damaging industry, cows milk is to nourish baby calfs just like breast milk is to nourish newborn babies. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.

Stop using the natural argument. It's ridiculous.

And ethically I have no problem with British dairy industry. It's the fastest improving welfare group in British farming. Whilst not perfect, over the last 10 years, I can say that being a dairy cow is a pretty good life.

I can sense your russling from here

Original post by xobeauty
Yes there is...there's a certain amount that's allowed in the milk.

They're killed in the pasteurisation process. I'm well aware of the SCC in milk, I study it.
You can get gains from plant based milk, which is also much healthier.

you can also get bitch tits from plant based milk, much suppler. I don't drink milk but plant based milk is stupid for males.
Original post by Mentally
Im following thr GOMAD diet plan right now.
(Gallon of milk a day). Im trying to switch it up to raw milk. Does anyone know were someone can get some raw milk in london?

I can't even drink pasteurized milk because I think of all the pus and blood that was in it how are you going to handle raw? ;o
Original post by Oilfreak1
I can't even drink pasteurized milk because I think of all the pus and blood that was in it how are you going to handle raw? ;o

Idk, i dont think about it. Unless a serious scientific report comes out that raw milk is bad for you i dont really care. Ive once tried raw camel milk, it tasted great
Idk, i dont think about it. Unless a serious scientific report comes out that raw milk is bad for you i dont really care. Ive once tried raw camel milk, it tasted great

Yeah i'm hoping to get over it just dunno how (I can still have tea etc. just not milk alone in cereal etc) it's really screwing me over vanilla whey in water tastes like literal crap (chocolate still tastes good but i'm out and too stingy to buy another tub lol).
There's no point of arguing because whether you like it or no, someone is drinking a glass of cow's milk right now... Yeah the dairy industry is cruel but then you could argue that we should stop eating meat for the sake of animals and stop eating vegetables which animals eat. Plus animals eat other animals (I know this isn't the same) and are mammals just like us so I'm not sure what your argument is?

It is delicious and nutritious :smile:
Original post by mscaffrey
Also the only mammal that talks.

no other mammals wear undergarments
Original post by the bear
no other mammals wear undergarments

You obviously have never seen the gorillas at Blackpool Zoo.

Raw milk isn't better. It's an increased TB, brucellosis (If it comes back) and a broad range of other pathogen risk. It does taste better, but it's not better for you.

Quick Reply

Latest