The Student Room Group

Revision Time...

Hello,I'm currently a year 10 GCSE student.
I know that all year 11's are most likely revision however i was wondering(Just thinking ahead) on when i should start revision.
I was thinking of starting at the start of year 11.Is that too early/late?
Have any of you regretted starting a bit to late to be comfortable,any things to avoid or,all tips are appreciated,Thanks!
Reply 1
I'd say it's best to be doing little bits from the start of year 11 but from my experience you don't need to be following a strict regime at that time.

Make a revision timetable for the Christmas holiday of year 11 and try to stick to it (but don't be working too hard over the holidays!) then learn from that timetable what works/didn't work for you.
From that, you should be able to make a flexible timetable for the rest of your time up to exams. Make sure you don't put too much work time into the timetable and always give yourself loads of breaks. In addition- don't feel terrible if you have a bad day or week or even month at sticking to the timetable, as long as you're doing something for your brain to stay active it's all good!

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiahj11
I'd say it's best to be doing little bits from the start of year 11 but from my experience you don't need to be following a strict regime at that time.

Make a revision timetable for the Christmas holiday of year 11 and try to stick to it (but don't be working too hard over the holidays!) then learn from that timetable what works/didn't work for you.
From that, you should be able to make a flexible timetable for the rest of your time up to exams. Make sure you don't put too much work time into the timetable and always give yourself loads of breaks. In addition- don't feel terrible if you have a bad day or week or even month at sticking to the timetable, as long as you're doing something for your brain to stay active it's all good!

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh alright,Thank a lot!
I often worry lot,haha
ao I think thats a good idea,I was wondering though,How many hours of revision i should do a day-Is 8 hours enough or?
I'd say do all your homework in year 11 (you probably do now, but I didn't in year 10) & then start doing bits of revision in December (you will have been revising in October anyway for the mocks) so yeah it's probably too early to start now
Original post by VNN
Hello,I'm currently a year 10 GCSE student.
I know that all year 11's are most likely revision however i was wondering(Just thinking ahead) on when i should start revision.
I was thinking of starting at the start of year 11.Is that too early/late?
Have any of you regretted starting a bit to late to be comfortable,any things to avoid or,all tips are appreciated,Thanks!

just chill lol...
But i suggest at the start of year 11 fully revise the year 10 stuff or your gonna end up like me cramming the crap out of it..
Original post by LearnForYOU
just chill lol...
But i suggest at the start of year 11 fully revise the year 10 stuff or your gonna end up like me cramming the crap out of it..

Ok,Thanks!
would it be a good idea to start at the end(2 months before) of Year10?
Original post by VNN
Ok,Thanks!
would it be a good idea to start at the end(2 months before) of Year10?

its never to early to revise but do what i said or whatever you feel is the best.
Reply 7
Original post by VNN
Oh alright,Thank a lot!
I often worry lot,haha
ao I think thats a good idea,I was wondering though,How many hours of revision i should do a day-Is 8 hours enough or?

On a school day, you'll be doing about 5 hours in school (correct me if I'm wrong, I know school hours differ across the country) so don't do any more than an extra 2 hours on a night. On a weekend or during a holiday I'd suggest no more than 5 hours a day and ALWAYS have 1-2 rest days a week where you do absolutely nothing at all.
I made the mistake of working far too hard and it does burn you out. If that does happen though, you learn from it and you get to know your boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VNN
Oh alright,Thank a lot!
I often worry lot,haha

is 8 hours enough??? boi please I can't breathe 😭😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest