The Student Room Group

Hiding my prospective job when dating?

I'm online dating at the moment (e.g. Tinder, Once, and a well-known dating website) and I am having some success. I've been on a couple of dates but no one who I've really found that attractive and/or have enough in common with for a relationship. Due to my height I do find that I struggle on apps like Tinder where everything is more shallow.

In a few months time I'm starting a training contract with a law firm. I know some women do like a man who has a stable job and will earn enough to support a comfortable lifestyle. At the moment though I don't state in any of my profiles that I'm going to start work as a lawyer in a few months. They only know I'm a law student.

I don't know if including this would influence more girls to give me a chance - and whether even if it did, if I want it to? This is the main reason I don't include it on my profiles - but I'm now thinking is it wrong to use a factor like this to make me more attractive overall? Apart from the fact I'll have a comfortable lifestyle, it does perhaps tell the person more about who I am (e.g. hard working, intelligent, a bit nerdy etc - and also that I'll have a demanding job). I also don't want it to appear like I'm bragging.

What would you do?
Overthinking it and taking yourself too seriously imo. Just put astronaught, bear tamer, acrobat, dictator or fashion phoographer down.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm online dating at the moment (e.g. Tinder, Once, and a well-known dating website) and I am having some success. I've been on a couple of dates but no one who I've really found that attractive and/or have enough in common with for a relationship. Due to my height I do find that I struggle on apps like Tinder where everything is more shallow.

In a few months time I'm starting a training contract with a law firm. I know some women do like a man who has a stable job and will earn enough to support a comfortable lifestyle. At the moment though I don't state in any of my profiles that I'm going to start work as a lawyer in a few months. They only know I'm a law student.

I don't know if including this would influence more girls to give me a chance - and whether even if it did, if I want it to? This is the main reason I don't include it on my profiles - but I'm now thinking is it wrong to use a factor like this to make me more attractive overall? Apart from the fact I'll have a comfortable lifestyle, it does perhaps tell the person more about who I am (e.g. hard working, intelligent, a bit nerdy etc - and also that I'll have a demanding job). I also don't want it to appear like I'm bragging.

What would you do?

I wouldn't include it as girls wont necessarily make assumption based on your jobs and if you leave it out it gives you something to talk about on dates.
Being loved for your job is a bad thing, jokingly say you're a courier and you want to pop round to make a delivery :sexface:
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Overthinking it and taking yourself too seriously imo. Just put astronaught, bear tamer, acrobat, dictator or fashion phoographer down.

Original post by claireestelle
I wouldn't include it as girls wont necessarily make assumption based on your jobs and if you leave it out it gives you something to talk about on dates.

Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
Being loved for your job is a bad thing, jokingly say you're a courier and you want to pop round to make a delivery :sexface:

Thanks for the opinions guys
So your basis for this reasoning is all women are gold diggas and if you have a good job you'll become more attractive to most women. Maybe it's your attitude that's the problem?

The right women won't care of your a lawyer or a garbage collector.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Wewuz Hebrews

Delivery for Ms. ----. It's a d*** in a box!
Original post by BWV1007
Delivery for Ms. ----. It's a d*** in a box!

Say you're a plumber and you want to clean out her pipes :sexface: :sexface: :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending