The Student Room Group

GCSE History Coursework Civil Rights In America

Hey Guys,

I am currently preparing for my History GCSE coursework and need some help on how to go about section B, essentially I have to research, using secondary sources, the answer to the question: How much of an impact did US Presidents have in changing civil rights for black Americans in the years 1945 - 63?

I was just wondering how you would go about answering the question, things to talk about, that kind of thing. Disclaimer: I do not want any written answers to the question, just your thoughts on what sort of topics and structure you would use.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Charles
Reply 1
Original post by Charles S
Hey Guys,

I am currently preparing for my History GCSE coursework and need some help on how to go about section B, essentially I have to research, using secondary sources, the answer to the question: How much of an impact did US Presidents have in changing civil rights for black Americans in the years 1945 - 63?

I was just wondering how you would go about answering the question, things to talk about, that kind of thing. Disclaimer: I do not want any written answers to the question, just your thoughts on what sort of topics and structure you would use.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Charles

I havent done this coursework specifically as i did mine with a similar enquiring only it was concerning propoganda in the world wars. Basically what you need to do is evaluate the sources, so youd first start out with the basics like what does it tell you? Who created it? And then expand on these points with further knowledge. Secoundy you are going to want to talk about the reliablity of the source and why you feel it is reliable/unrealiable, try to argue both points for the higher levels. Finally you need to anwser the question based on this source, so for your enquiry should a soucre suggest they didnt do much for the civil rights movement you would argue that point based on what the soucre is suggesting. I hope what iv said has helped guide you a little but like i said im only talking from expericence and i did get an A* in my gcse coursework so i hope that i am right 😂 But you would be best talking to your teacher honestly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending