The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Application to Coventry University

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. I recently firmly accepted a Conditional offer to Coventry for Paramedic Science. The offer is conditional to me sending certain documents such as exam certificates within 2 weeks of accepting the offer (Accepted on 3 March 2016). I however didnt realise there was a deadline on this and only sent them yesterday which is 2 weeks from when the certificates were needed. I have emailed the university and they said it could affect me when offers are made in August. However I didn't recieve any correspondence from from the university itself (Only on Track). It is my understanding from the university's twitter feed that some people got letters sent to them detailing what had to be sent. However I didn't recieve one of these. If anybody could offer advice or has had a similar experience please share :smile:
Thanks in advance for your help :smile:
Original post by MLEN
Hi all,

Hope someone can help. I recently firmly accepted a Conditional offer to Coventry for Paramedic Science. The offer is conditional to me sending certain documents such as exam certificates within 2 weeks of accepting the offer (Accepted on 3 March 2016). I however didnt realise there was a deadline on this and only sent them yesterday which is 2 weeks from when the certificates were needed. I have emailed the university and they said it could affect me when offers are made in August. However I didn't recieve any correspondence from from the university itself (Only on Track). It is my understanding from the university's twitter feed that some people got letters sent to them detailing what had to be sent. However I didn't recieve one of these. If anybody could offer advice or has had a similar experience please share :smile:
Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

I've moved this to the Coventry University forum @Coventry Uni able to help.

It's your responsibility to check Track regularly for updates - and you would have received notification from UCAS that you'd been made an offer and to view the conditions on Track.

Usually this wont cause a problem - you've provided the proof now and they should be happy with that. However by missing the deadline you have missed the technical conditions of your offer. If they refuse to change your offer to unconditional when they have confirmed receipt of your documents then they may well decide to leave you in limbo until August when they find out exam results for other students before deciding whether to accept you or not. That would be pretty rubbish behaviour but it would be within their rights under the UCAS rules.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
I've moved this to the Coventry University forum @Coventry Uni able to help.

It's your responsibility to check Track regularly for updates - and you would have received notification from UCAS that you'd been made an offer and to view the conditions on Track.

Usually this wont cause a problem - you've provided the proof now and they should be happy with that. However by missing the deadline you have missed the technical conditions of your offer. If they refuse to change your offer to unconditional when they have confirmed receipt of your documents then they may well decide to leave you in limbo until August when they find out exam results for other students before deciding whether to accept you or not. That would be pretty rubbish behaviour but it would be within their rights under the UCAS rules.

Many thanks for your reply and all your help! Its much appreciated.
Thanks very much again,

Matthew :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest