The Student Room Group

Lifting to impress women

Are girls attracted to moderately well built guys? I am not referring to steroid monsters or body builders but someone who has a masculine figure.

I have mates who lift and been through it and said you are only going end up impressing body builder bros and not ladies.

I am quite skinny, only 65kg for 176 cm and i was hoping that a better physique will improve my chance with the ladies.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Are girls attracted to moderately well built guys? I am not referring to steroid monsters or body builders but someone who has a masculine figure.

I have mates who lift and been through it and said you are only going end up impressing body builder bros and not ladies.

I am quite skinny, only 65kg for 176 cm and i was hoping that a better physique will improve my chance with the ladies.

Impress.. I think I know something about it.

Yes, lifting increases your attractiveness by 387%!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do a strength programme and eat alot more food especially protein and carbs and get 8 hours sleep per night

I think it will improve your chances :smile:

Tfw you are the same height as OP but weigh a whole 10KG less :erm:

But surely you should be lifting for yourself and not to impress women
(edited 8 years ago)

if you want to attract these kind of ladies

Original post by Impressive
Impress.. I think I know something about it.

Yes, lifting increases your attractiveness by 387%!

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course
Reply 4
Original post by thefatone

of course

What do you mean. You.

It's a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lifting most certainly increases your chances with ladies.

The best looking female friends of mine all have tall, well built boyfriends. It will increase your chances, but the rest is down to you and your personality.
What do you mean. You.

It's a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;NywWB67Z7zQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywWB67Z7zQ&index=88&list=PL86nCRSHJsuVXL9T4u7VXtqmWz yawCK1s[/video]
Reply 7
Original post by thefatone
[video="youtube;NywWB67Z7zQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywWB67Z7zQ&index=88&list=PL86nCRSHJsuVXL9T4u7VXtqmWz yawCK1s[/video]

Oh my my. You got my reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most often yes but it's not a guarantee. I'm a slim female (size 6, at my very heaviest I was an 8) and my larger friends get boyfriends before I do. I go to the gym and I lift and people ask me why the reason is I do it for myself and my health. Not to appease others. I feel unattractive to men but when I look into the mirror I feel attractive to myself I'm proud of what I achieved and the work that I but in. I look so good naked but no one would ever know haha these dudes are missing out :h: My point is do it for you!
Oh my my. You got my reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay!
As a 'well built' guy I can confirm it does. I pull everytime I work topless. Before that I hardly ever did.

well 176cm is pretty short so that doesn't help your chances...
don't do anything for the sole purpose of impressing other people
If you're short then tbh you need to lift to make up for it. Just as most men like shorter slim defined women. Most women like taller fit muscular guys. Obvs you can't grow taller but you can get fitter and muscular.
Of course it will impress them. The first thing girls look at is the size of your arms/shoulders/chest. You'll get a lot more female attention if you're built - girls don't give a **** about personality.
Reply 15
Is it working?
I think the key here is not to feel underpresure to have to change your body for girls! My ex boyfriend did that when he was "trying to impress me" way back when and over time it really didnt, he became more and more shallow and egotistical and the relationship ended because of it! I know thats an extreme example, but my point is is who you are as a person ultimately means more, i know it sounds clique but it is true, so to conclude no on its own soley lifting is not very impressive to girls.
you're a manlet, no amount of lifting will help you

relevant: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3999661&p=63956781#post63956781
we have matching heights!:h:

girls don't exclusively look for well built guys, yes in my opinion fairly built guys are attractive but it counts for nothing when their personality is about as entertaining as a peanut
Original post by meediaabid
we have matching heights!:h:

girls don't exclusively look for well built guys, yes in my opinion fairly built guys are attractive but it counts for nothing when their personality is about as entertaining as a peanut

Who would you rather be with? A muscular guy with a personality of a peanut, or a scrawny guy that also unfortunately has the personality of a peanut?

You'd probably go for neither, but you're more likely to go for the muscular guy.

I know a few guys with great personalities that don't attract many girls, at least not aesthetically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending