The Student Room Group

The green party broadcast is hilarious.

Although I'm somewhat sympathetic , I don't support the green party, nonetheless this is pretty damn funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dNEQiHUUo

Scroll to see replies

I am sorry but the Greens have zero appeal to me.
Reply 2
Original post by ODES_PDES
I am sorry but the Greens have zero appeal to me.

The video just lampoons the other parties, the greens are a bit of a joke but the video is funny.
I found it very amusing.
oh for ****'s sake not again - using mere *children* for political purposes...that's ****ing low. honestly. they shouldn't do that. don't politicise children or use them for political ammunition. they have no idea what they're doing or saying when they're told to read out these scripts that are obviously spun for the green party's agenda. and if it wasn't for the green party's agenda, what would be the point of the video?
imagine if far right politicians started exploiting children for politics - we'd all be justifiably outraged. so why can they do it? this is truly inappropriate and I'm actually surprised that nobody on this thread even addressed this yet. they can only say "hahaha oh kids say the darnedest things" - I expected more
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by AlmightyJesus
oh for ****'s sake not again - using mere *children* for political purposes...that's ****ing low. honestly. they shouldn't do that. don't politicise children or use them for political ammunition.
imagine if far right politicians started exploiting children for politics - we'd all be justifiably outraged. so why can they do it?

Right wing parties do do that.

Theu were just getting kids to act out a story. They weren't using them to promote any particular ideology.
Original post by Davij038
Right wing parties do do that.

Theu were just getting kids to act out a story. They weren't using them to promote any particular ideology.

1) when have they done that though? I actually can't recall a situation where they did
2a) they're obviously trying to act like politicians but in a negative way. did you see them acting like caroline lucas e.g. trying to ban meat on mondays in brighton? did you see them acting like natalie bennett e.g. being clueless on her own policies?
2b) it's not purely about this too. most of these children are going to grow up to not believe in the green party's politics so they will feel like they've been used. I mean, I have no bloody clue how a state school even allowed a private political organisation like the green party to come in and do this to these kids...
Reply 7
It was rather amusing, but I couldn't care less about the party so I quit the moment that woman appeared
Although I'm somewhat sympathetic , I don't support the green party, nonetheless this is pretty damn funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dNEQiHUUo

hilarious video... am not going to vote grene tho' :colondollar:
Reply 9
1) when have they done that though? I actually can't recall a situation where they did
2a) they're obviously trying to act like politicians but in a negative way. did you see them acting like caroline lucas e.g. trying to ban meat on mondays in brighton? did you see them acting like natalie bennett e.g. being clueless on her own policies?
2b) it's not purely about this too. most of these children are going to grow up to not believe in the green party's politics so they will feel like they've been used. I mean, I have no bloody clue how a state school even allowed a private political organisation like the green party to come in and do this to these kids...

1: The bnp had one, featuring young people which got blocked (which I don't think is fair)

2A:...Because its a green political broadcast....

B: .... Kids in advertising might not believe in later years in the product that they were selling was any good.

A: How do you know this was a state school?
B: They obviously had their parents permission, as they would get sued to pieces if not.
C: I see no difference between this and performing in a nativity play (for instance)
The video was hilarious hahahha
So what is it exactly that you all have against the Green Party, I've seen plenty of people coming out with stuff like the Green Party just have no appeal for me, couldn't care less, not voting Green. But absolutely nothing that resembles a structured argument. I guess the thread is more specifically about the broadcast, but I just think it comes across as a bit of a jerk reaction as opposed to an actual well thought out one when no reason whatsoever is provided.....
The green party itself is hilarious to me.
Im defo not a supporter of them.
I heard they want to ban cars! Thats a big nono!
1: The bnp had one, featuring young people which got blocked (which I don't think is fair)

2A:...Because its a green political broadcast....

B: .... Kids in advertising might not believe in later years in the product that they were selling was any good.

A: How do you know this was a state school?
B: They obviously had their parents permission, as they would get sued to pieces if not.
C: I see no difference between this and performing in a nativity play (for instance)

1) they were teens, not "kids" - I see what you're saying though I guess
2a) proving my point...
2b) ...were these kids being paid like they would for a commercial advertisement? do commercial advertisements promote controversial ethics like political advertisements do?

A) because it looks like pretty much every first school that's a state school...if this was a private school, surely it would look..."better" than that? I mean, I've been to some private schools in my younger years, and they all looked far more prestigious than that. this must be the biggest rip off of a private school ever. therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that this was a state school.
B) which is what baffles me the most if that was actually the case.
C) you know what, I was actually going to address the similarity between nativity plays and this, but I thought it might not be too relevant, so thanks for addressing the parallel. nativity plays, and publicly funded faith school, are all unjustifiable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FireFreezer77
The green party itself is hilarious to me.
Im defo not a supporter of them.
I heard they want to ban cars! Thats a big nono!

You have no way heard that they want to ban cars. This is completely ridiculous and to be honest anyone that could possibly believe this is a complete idiot (sorry, I don't like to insult people, but SERIOUSLY!!!!). Where exactly did you hear this, because it would not be from a genuine source?

This is a major problem with this country people hear these little snippets and actually believe them and it actually influences their voting. If people actually did even a bit of research they would be so much better prepared to vote. I just seriously cannot believe what I hear people say. Even well educated people, I've heard them say the Greens want to ban all fishing or turn everyone vegan, this is simply NOT true. My hope is that as the Greens eventually do become more mainstream, which no one can deny is happening these ridiculous rumours will eventually be debunked and people that would otherwise vote for them might finally be ready to give them a shot.
Original post by Nightwing_
So what is it exactly that you all have against the Green Party, I've seen plenty of people coming out with stuff like the Green Party just have no appeal for me, couldn't care less, not voting Green. But absolutely nothing that resembles a structured argument. I guess the thread is more specifically about the broadcast, but I just think it comes across as a bit of a jerk reaction as opposed to an actual well thought out one when no reason whatsoever is provided.....

1. Unpatriotic
2. Ridiculous economic policies
3. Want to make marriage between multiple people legal.
4. Want to scrap the armed forces
5. Weak on crime.
7. Why would I, a young white British male have any appeal to such an abhorrent party?
8. All their policies are moronic and they believe in unrestricted mass immigration and that everything can be solved supply side.
9. Pro EU.
10. Lead by a bennet, a complete moron.
Original post by Nightwing_
You have no way heard that they want to ban cars. This is completely ridiculous and to be honest anyone that could possibly believe this is a complete idiot (sorry, I don't like to insult people, but SERIOUSLY!!!!). Where exactly did you hear this, because it would not be from a genuine source?

This is a major problem with this country people hear these little snippets and actually believe them and it actually influences their voting. If people actually did even a bit of research they would be so much better prepared to vote. I just seriously cannot believe what I hear people say. Even well educated people, I've heard them say the Greens want to ban all fishing or turn everyone vegan, this is simply NOT true. My hope is that as the Greens eventually do become more mainstream, which no one can deny is happening these ridiculous rumours will eventually be debunked and people that would otherwise vote for them might finally be ready to give them a shot.

MG203 Richer regions and communities do not have the right to use migration controls to protect their privileges from others in the long term. that's just one thing off their policy website, in other words make us POOR or rather as POOR as everywhere else. Brilliant party....
Reply 18
1)
2a) proving my point...

Not really, they were lampooning particular politicians not any particular ideology.

2b) ...were these kids being paid like they would for a commercial advertisement? do commercial advertisements promote controversial ethics like political advertisements do?

Should water be a bottled commodity? Evian uses babies in its advertising.

A) because it looks like pretty much every first school that's a state school...if this was a private school, surely it would look..."better" than that? I mean, I've been to some private schools in my younger years, and they all looked far more prestigious than that. this must be the biggest rip off of a private school ever. therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that this was a state school.
B) which is what baffles me the most if that was actually the case.
C) you know what, I was actually going to address the similarity between nativity plays and this, but I thought it might not be too relevant, so thanks for addressing the parallel. nativity plays, and publicly funded faith school, are all unjustifiable.

A: I don't know and TBH, I'm not particularly bothered. I mean, they weren't saying that we in **** Primary School advocate the green party.

B: Why? Are you against taking kids to churches? That's too militant atheist even for me, and I'm pretty militant.

C: Although I am massively against faith schools I think nativity plays are harmless.
I thought this was a very good documentary.

Quick Reply

Latest