The Student Room Group

ART!!! - GCSE - Theme - Outline

AHHH! I'm doing my exam gcse for art this term, my final piece is on the 19th April. I'm doing the theme outline and I'm thinking of doing a wire sculpture for it, but I sort of need an idea or theme like journeys. What is an idea to do with journeys??
PLEASE HELP!!!
THANK YOU!!
err isn't your final exam piece supposed to be related to the coursework you've been doing?
what topic have you been doing in the coursework leading up to this?
Reply 2
Original post by alkaline.
err isn't your final exam piece supposed to be related to the coursework you've been doing?
what topic have you been doing in the coursework leading up to this?

No I do AQA, but this is for my actual externally set exam and my chosen theme is outline, so I'm not sure what to do.
Original post by Bonnie 99
No I do AQA, but this is for my actual externally set exam and my chosen theme is outline, so I'm not sure what to do.

let me ask you this, what about life inspires you the most?
Reply 4
Let's go with travelling, I'm in a Forces family so I've travelled around a lot - 8 houses, 3 countries. I love the idea of going new places and discovering new things.
Let's go with travelling, I'm in a Forces family so I've travelled around a lot - 8 houses, 3 countries. I love the idea of going new places and discovering new things.

great, start from there.
you could do wire sculptures of the different houses you have lived in but all with the same piece of wire like a continuous wire thing?
or pick certain things from the landscape? whatever about the journey inspires you most, whatever it is that you want to make art about - and when you start doing this more ideas will come naturally :smile:
Reply 6
At this point in your exam unit you should have a theme already within the topic outline. As you mentioned journeys I'm guessing this is your subtopic? So, you want to do a wire sculpture, the first thing that came to my mind within journeys was mode of travel so you could possibly make a small wire car? or plane? but its made of wire so it looks like the outline and therefore it will respond to the exam topic. You can also think of other topics within journey so e.g. suitcase, adventure, new people, new cultures. You can make wire sculptures of just about anything. Do you want to make just one? (if so then you should consider the size as you need to be able to complete it, but also make sure that you dont finish too early). You can also make several smaller sculptures so they make a series?

Just some stuff you can think about. If you need more help feel free to ask!
AHHH! I'm doing my exam gcse for art this term, my final piece is on the 19th April. I'm doing the theme outline and I'm thinking of doing a wire sculpture for it, but I sort of need an idea or theme like journeys. What is an idea to do with journeys??
PLEASE HELP!!!
THANK YOU!!

What about a sculpture of a landmark that is personal to you? Say for example your family was from france, you could do a wire sculpture of the london eye or something
Reply 8
Thank you! But the thing is, it takes me a long time to think of ideas and I need to develop my book, but don't know where to start because first I looked at Andreas Lie (double exposure) and sara morais at identity. Could I maybe integrate that into it, because I was looking at identity but I got stuck. Can you maybe think about anything to do with identity with a continuous line sculpture?
Thank you for your help so far!
Reply 9
Original post by iamayesha
What about a sculpture of a landmark that is personal to you? Say for example your family was from france, you could do a wire sculpture of the london eye or something

The problem is with that another theme you can choose from for your final piece is landmarks and apparently they don't like you to merge themes. But thank you for your help!
The problem is with that another theme you can choose from for your final piece is landmarks and apparently they don't like you to merge themes. But thank you for your help!

I'm doing AQA art too and a few people in my class are merging themes so...
Anyway, what about an object or something that means a lot to you then?

and i meant the eiffel tower not the london eye lol
Reply 12
I was maybe thinking about a journey through america as I did travel there a lot. But what about if I just did a really beautiful sculpture of just an interesting thing?
Reply 13
Here's a link to my next thread - i found an interesting theme! - Terrorism and Islamophobia and stereotypes. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4001375&p=63974479#post63974479

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending