The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
Same thing, even criminals have human rights (it's supposed to be what makes us better then 'them':wink:.

So should it be a criminal offence to watch someone get killed with the death penalty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
So should it be a criminal offence to watch someone get killed with the death penalty?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes same applies the person being killed still has rights despite their crimes so video footage should not be created in the first place nor should it be shared.
I was once shown one by a work college he didn't explain what it was

If I close my eyes I can still see the man struggling to breath as his throat was cut.

NEVER again

I do think it should be a criminal offense to intentionally watch these

What a nice colleague.
Yes same applies the person being killed still has rights despite their crimes so video footage should not be created in the first place nor should it be shared.

But watching it live is OK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Twinpeaks
What a nice colleague.

He though it was 'funny' hence my attitude towards these videos
But watching it live is OK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who would be watching it live that is the question

But no it should not be a spectator sport.
Who would be watching it live that is the question

But no it should not be a spectator sport.

I believe it can be lawyers or victims. In the US they have viewing galleries, in other places they are done in public.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dairychocolate
You enjoy watching (certain) people get killed?

Yes. Justice is very satisfying and I consider their lives meaningless. People who try to hurt others out of greed or because they're extremist nuts deserve no better.
I believe it can be lawyers or victims. In the US they have viewing galleries, in other places they are done in public.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No can't agree with it (I understand there need to be people watching to make sure it is done correctly but general viewing then NO. (but as i said just my opinion)

Still doesn't change my opinion that it should be a criminal act to share and watch footage of people being murdered,
Few ISIS executions, cartel chainsaw beheadings, 3 guys 1 hammer (do NOT watch this one)
4Chan - Death Thread, really old gif of an Indian guy touching the train lines, dies instantly.
I didn't see anything close up but saw a CCTV footage of a gang fight in South London where someone died of his wounds on YouTube.
Original post by Life_peer
Yes. Justice is very satisfying and I consider their lives meaningless. People who try to hurt others out of greed or because they're extremist nuts deserve no better.

Interesting.
Original post by Dysprosium
4Chan - Death Thread, really old gif of an Indian guy touching the train lines, dies instantly.

I have that one saved on my laptop. Btw it is called a gore or rekt thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've seen the al-Zarqawi murder of Nick Berg, ISIS executions of the Jordanian Pilot and the cage drowning in a swimming pool. They are all disturbing and I take no perverse pleasure/fascination in them. I understand that there is a psychological difference between knowing what your enemy does and seeing what your enemy does. I think that anyone who wishes to assert their opinion as to how we should deal with radical Islam should watch some of these videos.
I have that one saved on my laptop. Btw it is called a gore or rekt thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you? Nostalgia? And 'rekt' so much respect for the dead lol...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dysprosium
Why do you? Nostalgia? And 'rekt' so much respect for the dead lol...

I used to post on 4chan a lot before TSR. I have whole folder.
Nope - not really videos I'd be interested in seeing..
Reply 38
Original post by Life_peer
Watching islamic terrorists or armed robbers getting killed is great fun.

So is it fair to say that you believe that where mass murder and armed robbery are concerned, legislators should reintroduce public executions (abolished in England in 1868) for the enjoyment and "fun" of observers?

I wouldn't want to live next door to someone who held such a view.

I believe that enjoying watching another person get killed is sick and inhuman, no matter what that person has done. And I think it is socially harmful to distribute videos of killings, because it encourages such sickness.

How would you characterise my view?
Reply 39
Original post by ckingalt
I've seen the al-Zarqawi murder of Nick Berg, ISIS executions of the Jordanian Pilot and the cage drowning in a swimming pool. They are all disturbing and I take no perverse pleasure/fascination in them. I understand that there is a psychological difference between knowing what your enemy does and seeing what your enemy does. I think that anyone who wishes to assert their opinion as to how we should deal with radical Islam should watch some of these videos.

How has watching such videos influenced your own opinion on that question? I am hoping you will say that you now believe even more strongly that the enemies of the ISIS death cult should not emulate its inhuman distribution of snuff videos. But having read some of the other contributions to this thread, I'm not sure that you don't take the opposite view.

Latest

Trending

Trending