The Student Room Group

Do you have a rice cooker at home?

Scroll to see replies

What's a rice cooker? :s-smilie:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Do you have a rice cooker at home, back in the old country, I think every house had a rice cooker and it was very common but I'm not sure if its common in the UK as much, is it?

If you do have one can you state your nationality.

Of course. My maa would never be able to live without one.

Original post by SeanFM
Yes, because I'm Asian :tongue:

:eek: You're Asian?
Yep! I never knew so many people didn't own a rice cooker woah. We are black

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
Please feed me mauritian biryani omg

To OP, south asian and we've never felt the need for a rice cooker :dontknow:

Hmm it might be the case that for Asians at least, East Asians have them but South Asians don't. I've asked Indian and Pakistani friends and they do not have them either.
What's wrong with cooking rice the normal way?
Were you back on the year 11 thread with like little tail chaser? Dalek, shadab and those guys?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
White British.. I got one last month. Fantastic. Sorry if i am commiting cultural appropiation

Not at all
Original post by Questioness

Like I said, where I'm from, nearly every single person has a rice cooker. I have not lived before the rice cooker, so it is not normal to me.
Is it mainly a chinese thing? I'm in a confusing position but I have a rice cooker, but I know a lot of Indians seem to dislike the concept of rice cookers.

So its mainly the chinese that use one hmm.

subcontinent asians don't like them but my family is lazy so we have one
Yes, we have two rice cookers. My parents.
Yes, of course! How else do you cook rice properly, without burning it...:tongue:
It tastes nicest in the rice cooker anyways.

Singapooore
Original post by ivy.98
If u dont have a rice cooker, i dont trust u

Chinese

I agree.
Bengali - It's an obvious one.
Wow, now you're even on the support team. I rarely see you guys on here these days haha.
Reply 34
Never had the need for a rice cooker, what's wrong with just boiling it in a pan? I'd never heard of one until my brother went to uni and said his Japanese friend cooked rice non-stop in their rice cooker :dontknow:
I'm black and nope, never had one.
Original post by IBonfire
Yes, of course! How else do you cook rice properly, without burning it...:tongue:

The same way you cook other things in a pot without burning it:biggrin:
It tastes nicest in the rice cooker anyways.

Singapooore

Never had rice out a rice cooker, unless Chinese restaurants use rice cookers? :dontknow:
Original post by Questioness
Bad physics innit
Original post by KaylaB
Never had the need for a rice cooker, what's wrong with just boiling it in a pan? I'd never heard of one until my brother went to uni and said his Japanese friend cooked rice non-stop in their rice cooker :dontknow:
Because you don't get perfect rice and you need perfect rice to make the perfect biryani :drool:
Original post by Biryani007
Please feed me mauritian biryani omg

I would love to :wink:
I have a rice cooker and I am Mauritian
Do you have a rice cooker at home, back in the old country, I think every house had a rice cooker and it was very common but I'm not sure if its common in the UK as much, is it?

If you do have one can you state your nationality.

Me, personally, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest