The Student Room Group

how to show percentage of uncertainty on a graph

Hi guys ,
simple question , i'm trying to spot a point with uncertainty of it on a graph but I'm not sure if my answer is correct. would appreciate any comment on a graph if the graph isn't correct thanks
Dammit use graph paper please xD
But really, looks fine. the range bars show the error correctly. I rarely see range bars on the x axis though.
if thats all you need, thats fine :smile:
Also plot the other points if you have any, and draw a line of best fit :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by The-Spartan
Dammit use graph paper please xD
But really, looks fine. the range bars show the error correctly. I rarely see range bars on the x axis though.
if thats all you need, thats fine :smile:
Also plot the other points if you have any, and draw a line of best fit :biggrin:

Deffo will next time 😋
One last question, i want to calculate the mean value of gradient as well , should i draw the max and min gradient on the graph and then calculate the magnetude of them which will then devided by two two give me the mean value
Original post by Alen.m
Deffo will next time 😋
One last question, i want to calculate the mean value of gradient as well , should i draw the max and min gradient on the graph and then calculate the magnetude of them which will then devided by two two give me the mean value

Yes, calculate the minimum 'acceptable' and maximum 'acceptable' gradients
Find both gradients
Add them together divide by 2 = Mean gradient for my course (OCR A)
Reply 4
Find both gradients

Thanks
Reply 5
Find both gradients

Any sourch you know mate i can revise unit 6 A2 on? Im having my practical exams in two weeks time and streesed so much tbh
Original post by Alen.m
Any sourch you know mate i can revise unit 6 A2 on? Im having my practical exams in two weeks time and streesed so much tbh

Im not sure what course you are doing. Due to you saying practical and unit 6, are you doing EMPA?
If so, here is a good thread on this.
The previous EMPA threads are sure to be of use also.
Stress brings nothing but worries, unless you can control it. Dont stress!
Good Luck :biggrin:
Reply 7
Im not sure what course you are doing. Due to you saying practical and unit 6, are you doing EMPA?
If so, here is a good thread on this.
The previous EMPA threads are sure to be of use also.
Stress brings nothing but worries, unless you can control it. Dont stress!
Good Luck :biggrin:

Thanks , may i ask you to link me to the EMPA thread for last year ? Couldnt find it myself thanks

Quick Reply

Latest