The Student Room Group

French AS Oral Questions AQA

Hi everyone,

What kind of questions are people likely to be asked in the AS oral exam for the AQA exam board? I'm really nervous and my exam is two weeks today (eek!) so I'm using loads of different practise questions for each sub-topic. My chosen topic is on Friendship, so I don't need any questions from that sub-topic, and marriage and family.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
I do German AS but I believe the topics are identical? (media = advertising/tv/communication technologie; culture - film/music/fashion, lifestyle - healthy life, sport, holidays?)

Prob some basic ones such as:

What role does cinema/fashion/music play in society today.
What are the advantages/disadvantages of phones, advertising, tv, holidays etc.
Why are teens more interested in fashion/communication technologie these days
Why are less people doing sport than before
What are the reasons for the growing trend in obesity/unhealthy lifestyles

Then obv personal ones like "do you do sport, what was your last holiday like, how much do you watch tv" usw.

Sorry I can't be more language specific.
If you look on tes (the teaching resource website) and look up as aqa french speaking practice/questions lots of useful documents come up full of questions and exemplary answers which i've found really useful so far :tongue:

For example: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/as-french-stimulus-cards-by-topic-6315137
This has copies of all stimulus cards from 2012 to 2014, and so is really useful for practice

I know the second exam isn't till after the oral but this website too helps with essay writing: http://mfl.jimdo.com/resources/french-as-level/

Hope this helps :h:
Reply 3
Thanks guys!

I guess it's just scary cos I have about 0.1 seconds to process on how to reply... Some of them are tricky to answer in English, let alone another language! I've done most of the stimulus cards over the year with my speaking tutor, but looking back at the questions it is really useful practise.
Original post by beckyfrance
Hi everyone,

What kind of questions are people likely to be asked in the AS oral exam for the AQA exam board? I'm really nervous and my exam is two weeks today (eek!) so I'm using loads of different practise questions for each sub-topic. My chosen topic is on Friendship, so I don't need any questions from that sub-topic, and marriage and family.

Thanks in advance!

Questions may or may not involve, voulez vous coucher avec moi s'il vous plait
je rigole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending