The Student Room Group

Master's loans and EU students

So... I've been reading and reading to make sure if I'm eligible for that loan. I'm EU and I've been living in UK for 2 years so I shouldn't get a loan. On the other hand I've been working in UK for 2 years amd I've been living in EEA for more than 3 years. Does it make me eligible for a loan? I'm waiting for your suggestions xxx
Original post by Isabella1992
So... I've been reading and reading to make sure if I'm eligible for that loan. I'm EU and I've been living in UK for 2 years so I shouldn't get a loan. On the other hand I've been working in UK for 2 years amd I've been living in EEA for more than 3 years. Does it make me eligible for a loan? I'm waiting for your suggestions xxx

Yes, you are eligible for these new Masters loans - you mean the one up to 10k, right? It states in residence criteria:

"UK nationals ordinarily resident in England. EU, EEA or Swiss nationals ordinarily resident in the EU, EEA or Switzerland."
Reply 2
Original post by lastlullabyy
Yes, you are eligible for these new Masters loans - you mean the one up to 10k, right? It states in residence criteria:

"UK nationals ordinarily resident in England. EU, EEA or Swiss nationals ordinarily resident in the EU, EEA or Switzerland."

That's right but on the other hand they want me to live at least 3 years in the UK before my course starts... That's why I'm confused.

Quick Reply