The Student Room Group

Anyone had a waiver for RAF Aptitude test?

Hi so I applied for weapons technician last month and sat my AST yesterday.

I scored 59 as my group score but you need 63 for WT. The only thing that let me down also was my numerical reasoning (NR = 4)

Has anyone had a waiver sent off before and have they had good news from it? Also, how long does it take as the Corporal at AFCO said the time it will return varies largely.

Hope someone can help!!!!!
Hello!
I applied for avionics and I didn't have my C in science but I had college qualifications to back up my science thank god. Originally they said I can't apply for the job because of it but they wanted me to take the AST, so I took the test; passed everything and they sent off a waiver for me to back up and say I'm good enough to proceed. It took me 3 weeks to find out after my AST's that I was successful and now I'm going on my PRTC next week :smile: so don't give up hope when all seems bleak! Good luck with your application! Practice your 1.5 mile run!
Reply 2
Hello, thanks for your reply!
Good to know someone was once in this position haha! Well done for proving yourself! I run over 4 miles regularly as I am a bit of a fitness freak but I won't go in to confident.
Good luck at Halton mate!
Yeah I've been in the process since October! But thanks haha. That's good you run 4 miles but just make sure you can do it within the 11.11 minute mark! I did mine in 10.58 which I was quite happy with, but the adrenaline really kicks in on the day anyway! I didn't think it would but it does! Thank you again though! Which AFCO do you go to?
Reply 4
Original post by Mr.Fellows
Yeah I've been in the process since October! But thanks haha. That's good you run 4 miles but just make sure you can do it within the 11.11 minute mark! I did mine in 10.58 which I was quite happy with, but the adrenaline really kicks in on the day anyway! I didn't think it would but it does! Thank you again though! Which AFCO do you go to?

Lincoln mate. How about you?
Oh god my ex lives in Lincoln and I know where that one is because of her haha (she's in the RAF too) but I go to Birmingham
Reply 6
Original post by Mr.Fellows
Oh god my ex lives in Lincoln and I know where that one is because of her haha (she's in the RAF too) but I go to Birmingham

Not a very nice place 😂 Absolute nightmare to get to as road works have been there for ages! Was nearly late for my AST, that would have been inconsiderate😳
Got a maths waiver through being in Air Cadets. Certain exams we did counted as an equivalent O level maths grade C. But that was 26 years ago. Good luck whatever happens

Quick Reply

Latest