The Student Room Group

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35976958

"The man accused of murdering Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah has issued a statement saying he carried out the killing because he believed Mr Shah had "disrespected" Islam.

Tanveer Ahmed, 32, from Bradford, is accused of killing Mr Shah outside his shop in Glasgow almost a fortnight ago.

In the statement he denied the incident had anything to do with Christianity.Mr Ahmed claimed Asad Shah had "disrespected" Islam by claiming to be a prophet."

Spoiler

The statement given is: "My client Mr Tanveer Ahmed has specifically instructed me that today, 6 April 2016, to issue this statement to the press, the statement is in the words of my client.

"This all happened for one reason and no other issues and no other intentions."

Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet.

"When 1400 years ago the Prophet of Islam Muhammad peace be upon him has clearly said that 'I am the final messenger of Allah there is no more prophets or messengers from God Allah after me."

'I am leaving you the final Quran. There is no changes. It is the final book of Allah and this is the final completion of Islam. There is no more changes to it and no one has the right to claim to be a Prophet or to change the Quran or change Islam.'

"It is mentioned in the Quran that there is no doubt in this book no one has the right to disrespect the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and no one has the right to disrespect the Prophet of Islam Muhammad Peace be upon him."

If I had not done this others (presumably referring to other Muslims) would and there would have been more killing and violence in the world."I wish to make it clear that the incident was nothing at all to do with Christianity or any other religious beliefs even although I am a follower of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him I also love and respect Jesus Christ.

"Hundreds attended a silent vigil in Mr Shah's memory and more than £110,000 has been raised for his family through public donations.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This all happened for one reason and no other issues and no other intentions.
"Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet.

Just as i thought, this had absoloutely nothing to do with Islam
A man is dead because of someone's stupid fairy tale beliefs
Reply 3
Religion of peace.
Just an escuse for the killing. You can't justify that in the eye's of God.
We must unite against Ahmadiphobia!

Any takers? :K:
Reply 6
Can't wait for the isoc to respond to this.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
This all happened for one reason and no other issues and no other intentions.
"Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet.

Just as i thought, this had absoloutely nothing to do with Islam

You forgot to quote the best bit:

"It is mentioned in the Quran that there is no doubt in this book no one has the right to disrespect the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and no one has the right to disrespect the Prophet of Islam Muhammad Peace be upon him.

"If I had not done this others would and there would have been more killing and violence in the world.

Personally, I have no respect for Mohammed, a vicious, mediaeval warlord who led his desert followers by appealing to their superstitious predelictions, or his sayings, and I find his invented religion, Islam, hateful. I'd better keep clear of the parts of Glasgow that are inhabited by his fellow-travellers.
Reply 8
INB4

"Mossad set this up"
Original post by TheBBQ

#NotATrueMuslim

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBBQ

I saw a few of them in the last thread saying that the victim wasn't a true Muslim. I suspect that they'll make a statement saying how it's nothing to do with Islam and whenever someone questions them, they'll slither back to the isoc.
Reply 11
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I saw a few of them in the last thread saying that the victim wasn't a true Muslim. I suspect that they'll make a statement saying how it's nothing to do with Islam and whenever someone questions them, they'll slither back to the isoc.

Or ask one of the muslim mods to ban them
Original post by DiddyDec
#NotATrueMuslim

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, and we should think ourselves lucky we don't have carnage on our streets, in Moslems areas. There are about 73 different Islamic sects, all of them saying the others are not true Moslems.

We will be inundated soon with people claiming there is no Koranic justification for the killing, and probably saying the perpetrator is not a true Moslem.
Disregarding the xenophobic sentiment crawling all over this thread; it's unbelievable how the uk can allow people as bigoted as this guy to live among us.
Reply 14
Quran 9:73

"O Prophet (Muhammad)! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell, - and worst indeed is that destination."
#notarealmuslim
#nothingtodowithislam
#religionofpeace
#christianskillpeopletoo
#multiculturalismisourstrength
#itsallwhitepeoplesfault
Not in Islam. It's a culture thing.

I remember in the last thread about this murder, some Muslims said that they didn't condone the murder but did say Ahmadiyyas weren't real Muslims. Even when others replied to them with a Quran verse implying that Ahmadis were Muslims, they digressed and went off another tangent.
Reply 17
Original post by Greenlaner
#notarealmuslim
#nothingtodowithislam
#religionofpeace
#christianskillpeopletoo
#multiculturalismisourstrength
#itsallwhitepeoplesfault

#Youforgottoadd

#ThiswasdonebyMOSSADandtheJEWS
Original post by TaintedLight
Disregarding the Islamophobic sentiment crawling all over this thread; it's unbelievable how the uk can allow people as bigoted as this guy to live among us.

Corrected. There is nothing unreasonable or unjustified about disliking the ideology that is Islam. Aside from that, you are correct.
I'm Muslim and I find this disgusting. He got killed for wishing a Happy Easter. Christianity, Islam and Judaism all branch off Abrahamic beliefs. We all should be treating each other like brothers and sister

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending