The Student Room Group

The Arab Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thus-Spoke-Lara
Merhaba Habibti, Sholneck? We Syrians are secretly taking over the world, one message board at a time.

Min Wayn bil Soryia?

My family are from Homs and Aleppo, but I grew up here.

Kifek? I'm good,alhamdullilah

I'm originally from Damascus but I have family in both Damascus and Aleppo
my great granddad (on my mums side) was Syrian & married a Jamaican woman... i suppose that means I have a claim 2 this thread?? btw i've always been interested about knowing more (culture wise etc.):smile:
Original post by queen-bee
Kifek? I'm good,alhamdullilah

I'm originally from Damascus but I have family in both Damascus and Aleppo

Well, Aleppo for the food and Damascus for the culture as they say. Were you raised here and did you use to visit Syria a lot?
Reply 323
Original post by Saeed9714
Youre something new everyday

and then this

and now Moroccan. Amazing.

LOOOOOOL.

This Oblivion guy is a joke haha.

Bet he has Schizophrenia.
Original post by muzi123
Will an Arab ever marry a Pakistani?

im not saying a Pakistani who is born in Pakistan

he is born in the UK or America so his thinking ways are different?

im told arabs will never marry Pakistanis!!

Lol, Pakistanis always ask questions like these. Many Middle-Easterns frown upon marrying outside their race, though it is possible.
Original post by sunshinehss
my great granddad (on my mums side) was Syrian & married a Jamaican woman... i suppose that means I have a claim 2 this thread?? btw i've always been interested about knowing more (culture wise etc.):smile:

If you're interested in our culture, our language, our way of life then welcome!😊😊😊😊just keep away from our women they're off-limits🙅🙅:colone:
Conservative in the sense that we hold on to traditions and ideas from how the Arab World use to be. We tend to imagine our countries to be a certain way and then we go back and find nobody there does this anymore or follows this. They are more open to cultural change in the Arab World than we are here, we tend to cling to what we think of as tradition, whereas in Arab countries the traditions are changing rapidly. There are many areas where we can see this happening.

Yh i see what you mean. When i went to visit my family living in the UAE I found out my cousins literally did everything the youths do here(besides drinking) they just adapted to hide it better from their elders.
Original post by muzi123
I dont want 2 get married within my race!!!!!!

I want to get married 2 an Arab Girl God willing ! but then again im told by people arab women dont marry Pakistanis . Even though im frm the UK my thinking is completely different from Pakistanis etc.

Pakistanis born in UK are much different than those Pakistanis who are born in Pakistan.

Out all the arab countries which are the most likely to marry outside their race im talking about women here?

Have some pride for your race..Geez. It's kind of embarrassing...
Original post by Two R's
LOOOOOOL.

This Oblivion guy is a joke haha.

Bet he has Schizophrenia.

forwarded that and all your other posts to the police two, so we'll probs be in the same cell :smile:
[video="youtube;fj9K4iw-Rd4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9K4iw-Rd4&nohtml5=False[/video]
Heard this song on Adam Saleh's youtube channel ages ago
Original post by Mentally
If you're interested in our culture, our language, our way of life then welcome!😊😊😊😊just keep away from our women they're off-limits🙅🙅:colone:

yaay:h: lol, that I can work with - however it may prove 2 be a difficult task:tongue:
Original post by Eternalflames
[video="youtube;fj9K4iw-Rd4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9K4iw-Rd4&nohtml5=False[/video]
Heard this song on Adam Saleh's youtube channel ages ago

love belly dancing to that !! lol it's awsome !! :2euk48l::dance:
Original post by elforjg02
love belly dancing to that !! lol it's awesome !! :2euk48l::dance:

Hahaha, I want to learn how to belly dance properly.
Original post by TarotOfMagic
Have some pride for your race..Geez. It's kind of embarrassing...

ahahaahahha well theres nothin 2 be proud of about Pakistan for me.

When someone asks me wer im i from i say UK.

Someone in Turkey asked me where are u from I said the UK he got angry because I didnt say Pakistan as my first answer.

I dont take pride in my race . I can write paragraphs about why im not proud of Pakistan. I just thank God im Muslim thts it.
Original post by Eternalflames
Hahaha, I want to learn how to belly dance properly.

lol ahahaha i'll teach ya ^^ :tongue:
Original post by muzi123
I dont want 2 get married within my race!!!!!!

I want to get married 2 an Arab Girl God willing ! but then again im told by people arab women dont marry Pakistanis . Even though im frm the UK my thinking is completely different from Pakistanis etc.

Pakistanis born in UK are much different than those Pakistanis who are born in Pakistan.

Out all the arab countries which are the most likely to marry outside their race im talking about women here?

Sorry but I doubt an Arab girl (or any girl) would want to marry a guy so insecure about himself and his identity :lol:

(Stop making Pakistanis look so insecure :colonhash:)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by elforjg02
lol ahahaha i'll teach ya ^^ :tongue:

Hahaha, cool! :lol:
Original post by muzi123

Someone in Turkey asked me where are u from I said the UK he got angry because I didnt say Pakistan as my first answer.

I dont take pride in my race . I can write paragraphs about why im not proud of Pakistan. I just thank God im Muslim thts it.

I agree with tarot of magic
this is just embarrassing.

no arab girl, or any girl for that matter will find this sense of self attractive. It's simply embarrassing. Why don't you learn some history about Pakistan and at least try and find some things to like. Not saying you have to agree with everything your country does.

Saudi's will have some backward ass governments and still be showing the respect for their country cause it's their country. Have some loyalty. Your attitude is pathetic.
Original post by muzi123

lol love the fact how u changed ur dp about 3 times now:rofl: ..nice dp btw:h:
Well, Aleppo for the food and Damascus for the culture as they say. Were you raised here and did you use to visit Syria a lot?

I was born and bred here and we visited at least every two years,mostly during summer. My father was an Italian man,it was only my mother who was Syrian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending