The Student Room Group

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam"

Scroll to see replies

It's the usual justification of an atrocity masquerading as an explanation of said atrocity. The worst part is that most people who do this don't even realise they're doing it.
The guy was killed mainly for one of those reasons- Ahmadis suffer persecution from other Muslims because they had a messenger who carried on the teachings of the Prophet. Other Muslims are ignorant enough to think that Ahmadis are completely disregarding the Prophet Mo when they aren't at all.
Reply 22
F*uck the whole "Ahmaydis aren't real muslims" garbage.

SO WHAT if they aren't real muslims?

People are saying that as if it justifies the murder of this poor innocent man
It implies that he did not gain his motive for the killing from the Koran (which he did, of course) and, furthermore, that Islam does not encourage the killing of apostates, non-believers and others (which it does, of course).

If the Koran sets out not to encourage such murders then the perfect, unedited word of Allah has done a pretty bad job of it, hasn't it?
Original post by student.feed
I'm Muslim and I find this disgusting. He got killed for wishing a Happy Easter. Christianity, Islam and Judaism all branch off Abrahamic beliefs. We all should be treating each other like brothers and sister

Wise words. Unfortunately too many of your brethren bring their superstitious, lawless and chaotic attitudes with them when they come to a civilised country. If they wanted religiously-motivated lynchings they should have gone to the USA.
Some people are disgusting enough to think so. Even Saudi Arabia has banned Ahmadis from going on pilgrimage because they consider them non Muslims. If they go, they get killed.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Some people are disgusting enough to think so. Even Saudi Arabia has banned Ahmadis from going on pilgrimage because they consider them non Muslims. If they go, they get killed.

According to the BBC the Pakistan constitution forbids Ahmadis from calling themselves Moslem.
Original post by Good bloke
According to the BBC the Pakistan constitution forbids Ahmadis from calling themselves Moslem.

Yeah they do. I have a friend whose an Ahmadi Muslim (and her family are so chilled- they encourage dating before marriage and two of their kids have married a Hindu and an Orthodox Christian and they've been fine). She was telling me how when her parents were in Pakistan, they had to move around a few times because of how much hate they got. They were called devil worshippers and stuff then they finally moved to London.

It's sad really. All that ignorance.
Original post by Two R's
F*uck the whole "Ahmaydis aren't real muslims" garbage.

SO WHAT if they aren't real muslims?

People are saying that as if it justifies the murder of this poor innocent man

They are Muslims though. They celebrate Ramadan and Eid, they read the Quran and they believe in Allah and the Prophet M.

Sad that the most peaceful Muslim denomination are called the non Muslims.
Ahmadiyya aren't Muslims in the same way someone who doesn't believe in God can't be a Muslim.
Sad that the most peaceful Muslim denomination are called the non Muslims.

And that implies something about those that do the calling that they would otherwise refuse to admit.
Original post by AlifunArnab
Ahmadiyya aren't Muslims in the same way someone who doesn't believe in God can't be a Muslim.

Ahmadis worship in a mosque, they worship Allah, they read the Quran and they practice Ramadan. Like any other Muslim.
It says in the Quran that anyone who eats sacred meat, prays in the direction of God and worships like a Muslim has the protection of God. Ahmadis do that. I don't know why some are ignorant to say that they aren't.

Original post by Hydeman
And that implies something about those that do the calling that they would otherwise refuse to admit.

It speaks volumes.
It's not that they don't believe in God. It's that they are nullifying one of the fundamentals of the religion.
It's not that they don't believe in God. It's that they are nullifying one of the fundamentals of the religion.

The only thing I can find that is different about their beliefs is that they believe the Messiah has come, as prophesied by Mohammed.
It's not that they don't believe in God.

Then this was a pretty nonsensical analogy:

It's that they are nullifying one of the fundamentals of the religion.

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to ask for the relevant legal documents proving that you, or people who feel similarly to you about this, have copyrighted the religion of Islam. Could you please scan them and post them on this thread? Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
No, not at all. I'm a Sunni muslim. Islam is a religion of peace to me, it taught me to love others as my brother/sister or mother/father. Allah is the only one to judge. It says that in the Qur'an. It is disgusting to alienate others. Even if they are a bad person, you treat them with respect and love. You can guide them, but not to judge or god forbid kill.
Corrected. There is nothing unreasonable or unjustified about disliking the ideology that is Islam. Aside from that, you are correct.

Can you post the definition of xenophobia so I correct you once and for all? And seriously... Triple negatives?? 😓

The wretches here only had the attention span to blather what the murderor did. Not for a moment would they have wondered what faith the deceased practiced nor what his religious values stood for.
Ahmadis worship in a mosque, they worship Allah, they read the Quran and they practice Ramadan. Like any other Muslim.
It says in the Quran that anyone who eats sacred meat, prays in the direction of God and worships like a Muslim has the protection of God. Ahmadis do that. I don't know why some are ignorant to say that they aren't.

It speaks volumes.

The Qur'an says Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the final prophet.
The only thing I can find that is different about their beliefs is that they believe the Messiah has come, as prophesied by Mohammed.

Firstly saying they are non muslim does not mean in anyway that this justifies the attack slightly more.
It means that the title should be changed from an attack on a peaceful muslim instead to an attack on a peaceful non muslims. There are many essential conditions the ahmadiyyas break for one to be considered a muslim, one of the biggest being they dont believe prophet Muhammad (SAW) was the last prophet.
Oh how wonderful, so the poor murdered guy wasn't a muslim because he belonged to the "wrong" sect and the murderer wasn't a muslim because killing people is forbidden. Amazing, nothing to do with Islam at all!

Quick Reply

Latest