The Student Room Group

Do you have a rice cooker at home?

Scroll to see replies

I just use a pan??
Original post by surina16
I just use a pan??

you're missing out
I do not. I cook rice multiple times a week but usually boil in the bag stuff for ease.
Original post by yoda123
I have a rice cooker and I am Mauritian

Ou kapab koz kreole?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Axel Johann
Bad physics innitBecause you don't get perfect rice and you need perfect rice to make the perfect biryani :drool:

Original post by yoda123
you're missing out

Perfection is overrated. You guys don't know what you're talking about :nah:. That slightly charred taste is AMAZEBALLS :yy:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dinasaurus
Ou kapab koz kreole?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wai
Original post by yoda123
wai

Mon kwar Mauritien I en pe different, mon pa kapab ekrir kreole

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

oui moi aussi mo pa tro koner, mo pa habiter ecrir en kreole mais kozer li facile pu moi
Yes!
British
Do you have a rice cooker at home, back in the old country, I think every house had a rice cooker and it was very common but I'm not sure if its common in the UK as much, is it?

If you do have one can you state your nationality.

No. I use the old fashioned method, known as the saucepan. Admittedly I usually undercook or overcook the rice slightly but then I am mixed race and only partially recieved the superpower of cooking rice without a rice cooker from my Indian forebears.

I think most (indigenous) British people either use boil in the bag rice, microwave it, or try and fail to cook it like pasta.
Original post by Copperknickers
No. I use the old fashioned method, known as the saucepan. Admittedly I usually undercook or overcook the rice slightly but then I am mixed race and only partially recieved the superpower of cooking rice without a rice cooker from my Indian forebears.

I think most (indigenous) British people either use boil in the bag rice, microwave it, or try and fail to cook it like pasta.

Those methods sound very odd to me, especially microwaving it.
Original post by cherryred90s
The same way you cook other things in a pot without burning it:biggrin:

Never had rice out a rice cooker, unless Chinese restaurants use rice cookers? :dontknow:

Hahahha it's just that almost everytime I've cooked rice out of a rice cooker, I forget about it and it burns and then I just spend hours (well, hours soaking it in water) trying to remove burnt rice from the pot :':wink:

The restaurants have like massive rice cookers.... :cute:
Isn't it just like 1.2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice and by cup I mean the cups that you get with the rice cooker :')
Are those rice measuring cups? Haha!
Reply 53
Nope im south asian we just make ours in a big pan still tastes great tho
I'm Somali.

We cook rice every over day but we cook it in a pan. We barely eat white rice though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but we don't really use it.
Original post by IBonfire
Hahahha it's just that almost everytime I've cooked rice out of a rice cooker, I forget about it and it burns and then I just spend hours (well, hours soaking it in water) trying to remove burnt rice from the pot :':wink:

The restaurants have like massive rice cookers.... :cute:

Shouldn't the rice cooker turn from cook to just warm after a certain time?
Those methods sound very odd to me, especially microwaving it.

Microwavable rice is usually precooked I believe, you're just heating it up (in a bag, I guess, I've never actually done it myself).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by yoda123
oui moi aussi mo pa tro koner, mo pa habiter ecrir en kreole mais kozer li facile pu moi

Ey, ena en ta mauricien lor sa site la :lol:

--
But for real, how exactly do you write creole, there's like no official spelling for stuff and it's basically slang
Original post by Questioness
Perfection is overrated. You guys don't know what you're talking about :nah:. That slightly charred taste is AMAZEBALLS :yy:.

:hand: puh-lease

Perfection is what changes a bad day to a good day. Don't underestimate it.

Quick Reply

Latest