The Student Room Group

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TaintedLight

Xenophobia is what is rife for the most part of the first page and if you think it's not, grab a damn dictionary.

No. We don't know the origins of the perpetrator, who may be a native Glaswegian for all we know. Foreigners aren't mentioned or alluded to at all. Islam is - a lot. I reckon that makes it Islamophobia rather than xenophobia.
Original post by student.feed
Really?! Seeming as I follow the religion I would know what I follow... Wow. :biggrin:

Not at all. Since most of world's religious follow the religion that they follow owing to an accident of birth, there's no reason to presume that being a Muslim gives you any automatic credibility over a non-Muslim opponent when talking about Islam.
[QUOTE="student.feed;63961461"]
Original post by Two R's

Really?! Seeming as I follow the religion I would know what I follow... Wow. :biggrin:

You just copied and pasted the first line from this website http://www.barghouti.com/islam/meaning.html
Seeming as I follow the religion I would know what I follow... Wow.

A lot of Moslems think that they know more about Islam than atheists. There was one yesterday who hadn't realised Islam's stance on slavery, for instance. Being one certainly doesn't mean you know more.
"If I had not done this others would and there would have been more killing and violence in the world."

This should really be ringing alarm bells

#iamaprophetofislam
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Not at all. Since most of world's religious follow the religion that they follow owing to an accident of birth, there's no reason to presume that being a Muslim gives you any automatic credibility over a non-Muslim opponent when talking about Islam.

Of course not, what I was took from what he said was my experience of actually following the religion didn't matter. This conversion is however unimportant compared to the death of Asad Shah.
Thought
if Islam is to blame, would the Muslim shopkeeper have posted "happy Easter?" NO!
I don't understand how someone can kill their own brother, no matter what religion.
I don't understand how someone can kill their own brother, no matter what religion.

He wasn't literally his brother, just another Moslem (and of course he denies the victim is even that).
Original post by Thisguy11
Thought
if Islam is to blame, would the Muslim shopkeeper have posted "happy Easter?" NO!

He was an Ahmadiyya Muslim, a much-reviled minority within the Muslim community. What is to blame here is a certain bigotry towards them among the Muslim community or, rather, certain members of that community who seem to have appointed themselves the arbiters of what constitutes 'real' or 'true' Islam. I wouldn't expect a fatuous word like 'Ahmadiphobia' to be invented for this, though. Very consistent indeed. :rolleyes:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
He wasn't literally his brother, just another Moslem (and of course he denies the victim is even that).

In Islam, everyone is each others brothers and sisters. I'm Muslim and my muslim friends refer to each as such. I refer to everyone as my brother and sister
In Islam, everyone is each others brothers and sisters. I'm Muslim and my muslim friends refer to each as such. I refer to everyone as my brother and sister

Must make it difficult to find a suitable mate from within the community.

In any case, there are those of us from Muslim backgrounds who realise that you're lying. :smile: There may well be a scriptural justification for this, but please don't pretend that most Muslims think or behave like this in practice. You seem to be under the impression that nobody on this thread has so much as seen a picture of a Muslim, let alone met one, and that therefore you can get away with making false (or, at the very least, provincial masquerading as general) claims like this. Well, you won't.
[video="youtube;7pMxIzGaC_8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pMxIzGaC_8[/video]
I think this sums up how Muslims feel about each other quite well
They are not Muslims.

They deny the fact that Muhammed was the seal of the prophets and the idea that he is the final messenger bestowed upon humanity.

Nevertheless, no one has the right to take this persons life based on that. He may have been wrong in his belief but he was doing a good gesture and the person who killed him should receive a due punishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Good bloke
The only thing I can find that is different about their beliefs is that they believe the Messiah has come, as prophesied by Mohammed.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Ahmadis believe the same thing. They believe their founder carried on the teachings and he never put himself on par with the prophet.

Get the facts right.

This isn't true.

The following is straight from the leader of the movement's mouth / pen :

'Some members of my community who possess only a sketchy and superficial knowledge of my claims and the arguments in support of them and have had no time to study my writings closely nor have kept my company for a reasonable length of time to perfect their knowledge, some time meet an opponent's objection with a reply which is not based on facts. The result inevitably is that notwithstanding their being in the right they suffer a great humiliation.

Only recently an Ahmadi was confronted with an objection to the effect that he had pledged allegiance to one who claimed to be a nabi (prophet) and a rasul (messenger). He got over this objection by a sheer denial of any such claim on my part. Obviously the answer was not correct.The fact is that the holy and pure revelation which God has vouchsafed me contains such words as nabi (prophet) and rasul (messenger).

These words occur in my revelations not once or twice but hundreds of times. In the face of these revelations, how can this answer be correct that such words do not occur at all. Whereas such words now occur more often with greater frequency and clarity than before.

Even the Braheen-i-Ahmadiyya, published about 22 years ago, contains such words in abundance. One of the revelations published in the Braheen is as follows: HUWALLAZEE ARSALA RASOOLAHU BIL HUDAA WA DEENIL HAQQI LIYUZHIRAHU i.e., He it is Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it prevail over every other religion (vide page 498). In this revelation I have been clearly designated as rasul (messenger)... '

http://www.alislam.org/books/misunderstandingremoved.html
Islam's intolerance strikes again. It's time many of these kind of Muslims grew up and learnt to deal with criticism in a mature way, without frothing at the mouth and resorting to mindless violence.
Original post by Hydeman

In any case, there are those of us from Muslim backgrounds who realise that you're lying. :smile: There may well be a scriptural justification for this, but please don't pretend that most Muslims think or behave like this in practice. You seem to be under the impression that nobody on this thread has so much as seen a picture of a Muslim, let alone met one, and that therefore you can get away with making false (or, at the very least, provincial masquerading as general) claims like this. Well, you won't.

I'm not lying. In Islam this is how we refer to another. The text that i made bold, what is that supposed to mean?
Original post by Hydeman

Most Muslims do think of each other as brothers and sisters.

Why do you assume otherwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TaintedLight
Not that I care what is crawling up your arse but your bitterness makes me smile :biggrin:

A rather ironic response, given your concession to Good bloke immediately above that. In any case, you may need to learn the difference between bitterness and light mockery; perhaps you can spend a few seconds doing that instead of changing the font in your next post. :lol:
Original post by Onde
What happens to good heretics after they die?

Only God knows.

:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply