The Student Room Group

Kissing?

What's the logic behind kissing? I mean sex is understandable, we have to reproduce. But kissing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nyimane
What's the logic behind kissing? I mean sex is understandable, we have to reproduce. But kissing?

I suppose it's just an intimate action to connect two people. Or maybe the cavemen just enjoyed tongue action.
it enables the transfer of hormones via the oral membranes. this promotes bonding between the couple.
Original post by Nyimane

promotes aids
Kissing does seem a little illogical, but it has its benefits.
(1) It reduces blood pressure. Passionately kissing gets your heart going and your blood vessels dilated, allowing more oxygen to get to your system.
(2) It reduces headache and menstrual cramping. After an extended period of kissing, the dilated blood vessels can help soothe the pains of cramping.
(3) It helps fight cavities. Kissing gets the spit flowing, which washes away germs.
(4) It makes you feel good. The chemicals released from kissing are linked with feeling relaxed, reducing stress, feeling warm and fuzzy, etc (some of my own knowledge of the listed chemicals was added here).
(5) Kissing burns calories. A passionate kiss can burn 8-16 calories if you're fully engaged.
(6) Kissing boosts self-esteem.
(7) Kissing can tone the facial muscles that start to sag as you age, giving you a sort of face lift.
(8) Kissing can be a good barometer for how sexually compatible the partner is.

It allows you to share germs and build the immune system.

HOPE THAT HELPS :biggrin:
Reply 5
It feels good

Same logic I use to eat food

I only think about eating food to prevent starvation when i'm in Africa
[video="youtube;ixQbCXLUUj8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQbCXLUUj8[/video]

This video put me off kissing for life

Spoiler

Idk. Idr particularly enjoy the action of kissing itself either. It's weird. I enjoy like being touched and held rather than the actual kissing bit.
Original post by Eternalflames
[video="youtube;ixQbCXLUUj8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQbCXLUUj8[/video]

This video put me off kissing for life

Spoiler

N u have that one guy in the comment section like "I can fit my whole fist in my anus"

Also OP I think it's just the principle of exchanging fluid I mean that's what actual sex is really about as well someone may have thought well there's fluid in our mouth which is clean so may as well try it out (?)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fatima1998
Kissing does seem a little illogical, but it has its benefits.

(1) It reduces blood pressure. Passionately kissing gets your heart going and your blood vessels dilated, allowing more oxygen to get to your system

Didnt know that so its medically good for you? :tongue:

(3) It helps fight cavities. Kissing gets the spit flowing, which washes away germs.

But aren't you gaining their spit so you get their germs??:s-smilie:

5) Kissing burns calories. A passionate kiss can burn 8-16 calories if you're fully engaged.

The logic is there but 8-16 so an average of 12 then 12/2500x100% is only 0.48% of the recommended intake but every little helps!:biggrin:

(6) Kissing boosts self-esteem.
(7) Kissing can tone the facial muscles that start to sag as you age, giving you a sort of face lift.
(8) Kissing can be a good barometer for how sexually compatible the partner is.

Good points :smile:
Original post by alkaline.
N u have that one guy in the comment section like "I can fit my whole fist in my anus"

Hahaha yeah :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ForestShadow
Didnt know that so its medically good for you? :tongue:

But aren't you gaining their spit so you get their germs??:s-smilie:

The logic is there but 8-16 so an average of 12 then 12/2500x100% is only 0.48% of the recommended intake but every little helps!:biggrin:

Good points :smile:

i dunno about KISSING - i never kissed anyone FYI :tongue:
i just looked this up on google and posted here :u:
i dunno about KISSING - i never kissed anyone FYI :tongue:

Im sure you'll find 'the one' eventually-unless you dont believe in 'the one'-this reminds me of the convo in 500 days of summer when she said she was called 'anal girl' :biggrin:

i just looked this up on google and posted here :u:
That is extremely honest and clever:h:

Spoiler

Original post by ForestShadow
Im sure you'll find 'the one' eventually-unless you dont believe in 'the one'-this reminds me of the convo in 500 days of summer when she said she was called 'anal girl' :biggrin:

That is extremely honest and clever:h:

Spoiler

hahaha :rofl:
why would i spent 15 min writing when i have google to do the job :u:
something is common in us :five:
erm it feels good to swap siliva i guess :biggrin:
It's something intimate you can do with someone when you're not ready for sexual stuff yet
Reply 16
I don't really like kissing, unless it's on my
Neck :u:
Can't stand kissing for too long. Get's boring quick.
Kissing is okay... After a while I lose interest.
Reply 19
Kissing also gets the couple 'in the mood' if you catch my drift... If there was no kissing or foreplay so to speak, neither would know where the other is in terms of if they're feeling up for it or not unless they literally ask, and that can sometimes spoil the mood a bit I guess. Idk, without kissing there'd be a lot more raping or awkward situations probably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending