The Student Room Group

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by missfats
They are not Muslims.

They deny the fact that Muhammed was the seal of the prophets and the idea that he is the final messenger bestowed upon humanity.

Nevertheless, no one has the right to take this persons life based on that. He may have been wrong in his belief but he was doing a good gesture and the person who killed him should receive a due punishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"wrong in his belief"?
Original post by Onde
The hadiths record Muhammad as saying there will be 72 heretical sects of Islam, that are doomed to burn. Do you agree with this view, and do you consider such heretics as brothers and sisters? Is this related to the concept of "innocence"?

And the biggest sect will be truthful one.
Nevertheless only God knows who is a true believer and so I would call them brothers and sisters. But ahmadis are committing shirk so calling them Muslims even if they follow most of the principles of Islam is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most Muslims do think of each other as brothers and sisters.

#TotallyNotIncent
Original post by student.feed
I'm not lying. In Islam this is how we refer to another.

Most Muslims do think of each other as brothers and sisters.

Why do you assume otherwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a tendency among some (not most -- certainly not Muslims in the part of the world that my family is from) Muslims to refer to other Muslims as 'brother' or 'sister', yes, but to pretend that they think of each other as literal, biological brothers and sisters (i.e. they see no difference between their own siblings and any other Muslim) is being much too economical with the truth to let pass. What you are suggesting is quite different from the fraternity naturally felt by Muslims towards other Muslims (usually of the same sect, but that's another argument altogether).
Original post by Hydeman
There is a tendency among some (not most -- certainly not Muslims in the part of the world that my family is from) Muslims to refer to other Muslims as 'brother' or 'sister', yes, but to pretend that they think of each other as literal, biological brothers and sisters (i.e. they see no difference between their own siblings and any other Muslim) is being much too economical with the truth to let pass. What you are suggesting is quite different from the fraternity naturally felt by Muslims towards other Muslims (usually of the same sect, but that's another argument altogether).

No one was suggesting they are biological siblings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one was suggesting they are biological siblings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The member that I was replying to strongly implied it:

In Islam, everyone is each others brothers and sisters. I'm Muslim and my muslim friends refer to each as such. I refer to everyone as my brother and sister
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
They are Muslims though. They celebrate Ramadan and Eid, they read the Quran and they believe in Allah and the Prophet M.

Sad that the most peaceful Muslim denomination are called the non Muslims.

Original post by AlifunArnab
Ahmadiyya aren't Muslims in the same way someone who doesn't believe in God can't be a Muslim.

Makes sense
You're all ignorant, once again blaming Islam for a psychopath.

Does every Muslim go around doing this? No.
Just like every other religion, there are a minority who are mad and justify acts. Islam says it's haram to kill. But you're all going to assume this Tanveer Ahmed is a devout Muslim who represents the entirety of the religion. Shame on you all.

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form.
And the biggest sect will be truthful one.
Nevertheless only God knows who is a true believer and so I would call them brothers and sisters. But ahmadis are committing shirk so calling them Muslims even if they follow most of the principles of Islam is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't making takfir on other Muslims a very big sin in Islam?
Original post by Onde
The qur'an calls for all unbelievers and heretics to be slaughtered until all worship is for Allah, which suggests that Muslims can make such judgements. In the case of heretics, I believe the qur'an says even if they convert to the "correct" Islam, they're supposed to be brutally murdered anyway.

You certainly ask too much questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's pretty sad when I see a thread like this, instead of mourning for the victim people decide to take this news as new material to fuel their hatred for one another. It's as if they're almost glad this happened so they can further justify their anger against something.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Isn't making takfir on other Muslims a very big sin in Islam?

I think the ulama decided to make a ruling, consisting of 8 certain sects and they said one is forbidden to make takfir on any of them. Don't know whether the Ahmadiyya's fall into one of these 8.
Original post by orangejuices
Islam says it's haram to kill.

Under any circumstance? Or only in very specific cases?
You certainly ask too much questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

:toofunny:

Just like every other religion, there are a minority who are mad and justify acts. Islam says it's haram to kill. But you're all going to assume this Tanveer Ahmed is a devout Muslim who represents the entirety of the religion. Shame on you all.

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

You are brainwashed since birth and you are incapable of objective rational thought
No, not at all. I'm a Sunni muslim. Islam is a religion of peace to me, it taught me to love others as my brother/sister or mother/father. Allah is the only one to judge. It says that in the Qur'an. It is disgusting to alienate others. Even if they are a bad person, you treat them with respect and love. You can guide them, but not to judge or god forbid kill.

The problem is that its isn't a religion of peace to a lot of its followers.

And hasn't been for 1400 years. Why? Read your Holy Book to find out why, it is all in there...

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

No, shame on you.

Are you not ashamed? Seriously?
Original post by champ_mc99
It's pretty sad when I see a thread like this, instead of mourning for the victim people decide to take this news as new material to fuel their hatred for one another. It's as if they're almost glad this happened so they can further justify their anger against something.

Its also sad to see Muslims, instead of showing solidarity to the Ahmadiyya sect, is further trying to ostracise the sect away from them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Evidently Islam is so destructive it even turns on and destroys it's own believers.

And, of course, it is entirely the West's fault that this happens all the time in the Middle East...

It speaks absolute volumes that most people here are too busy stating how the murdered man "wasn't a real Muslim" as opposed to taking a step back and looking at the root cause of all this...Their own religion.

Also rather amusing that the 'religion of peace' actively seeks to ostracise its most peaceful sect.
Original post by chemting
Its also sad to see Muslims, instead of showing solidarity to the Ahmadiyya sect, is further trying to ostracise the sect away from them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty unnecessary for any ostracism in this thread. An innocent man died at the end of the day, doesn't make it any better by outlining what he believed in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending