The Student Room Group

What did you have for dinner?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Student403
I once told someone in school I had that most days for lunch and her exact words were "What the hell you liar? That's exotic food you can't have that everyday"

lmao really? well like how some asians have rice most of the times us asians have chapatti lol she should try having it everyday won't be so exotic anymore.
Spag bol, and then a cheeseburger from McDonalds.
Original post by Serine Soul
PRSOM

Me to parents: 'rice is getting boring'
Parents: 'stfu'
Me: ;_;

This is the exact conversation I have with my mum about potatoes.

Every meal.

Potatoes.
Original post by mk_cbc
lmao really? well like how some asians have rice most of the times us asians have chapatti lol she should try having it everyday won't be so exotic anymore.

I tried explaining it to her but she thought everyone had casseroles and pasta and potatoes for dinner :rofl:
I once told someone in school I had that most days for lunch and her exact words were "What the hell you liar? That's exotic food you can't have that everyday"

my white friend has either steak with chips or chicken with chips or curry and chips, i laugh every time x-D
Original post by Serine Soul
PRSOM

Me to parents: 'rice is getting boring'
Parents: 'stfu'
Me: ;_;

Damn your friend likes chips
@Serine Soul you reminded me of this

[video="youtube;2Z6VZ1-W8ns"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6VZ1-W8ns[/video]
Reply 28
I get all the chapatti i want at home, its actually quite easy to make them just need good atta (flour for chaptti lmao) and some water not to much or its gunna be soggy af kneed it until its smooth then roll out a circular shape (hardest bit trust me the amount of times i've cried tryna make a circle) then place it on flat pan flipping it over repeatedly then you're done yay.
I had BBQ pasta bake with chocolate roll after :h:
Reply 30
I had ur mums punani very nicee
Original post by mk_cbc
I get all the chapatti i want at home, its actually quite easy to make them just need good atta (flour for chaptti lmao) and some water not to much or its gunna be soggy af kneed it until its smooth then roll out a circular shape (hardest bit trust me the amount of times i've cried tryna make a circle) then place it on flat pan flipping it over repeatedly then you're done yay.

any flour? or chapati flour :-s
Reply 32
I tried explaining it to her but she thought everyone had casseroles and pasta and potatoes for dinner :rofl:

please dem be on those special days when your mum tries to go western for the day lmao. its either dahl, veg, or meat and if you're lucky brown rice or biryani lmao.
Reply 33
home made thai curry.
Original post by mk_cbc
please dem be on those special days when your mum tries to go western for the day lmao. its either dahl, veg, or meat and if you're lucky brown rice or biryani lmao.

:rofl:

Original post by Tai Ga
home made thai curry.

I'm jealous! :O I loooove Thai!
Reply 35
chapatti flour, normal flour won't get you that exotic taste boy. I recommend champion atta or elephant atta ( im dying whilst typing this the word atta always gets to me lmao)
Original post by mk_cbc
chapatti flour, normal flour won't get you that exotic taste boy. I recommend champion atta or elephant atta ( im dying whilst typing this the word atta always gets to me lmao)

naaaaa chakki atta is the best
Reply 37
naaaaa chakki atta is the best

we have elephant atta haven't you seen them adverts makes the whole fam happy and sometimes the atta be too good it makes them cry.
Original post by mscaffrey

Every meal.

Potatoes.

Thing is, potatoes can be

chips
boiled
mash
diced in pastries
sliced
wedges

but rice...

rice is just

nothing special, sure can be fried and you can add stuff like any carbohydrate but its basically just

what is life>?
Original post by mscaffrey

Every meal.

Potatoes.

[video="youtube;QiqqC_fbP1c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqqC_fbP1c[/video]

Quick Reply