For Sikhs or Punjabis and Hindus;

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nucdev
Apart from the fact that Punjabis are LOUUUUD :rofl:

Your food stinks

I've been tricked and disappointed whenever I've had it :colonhash:
Original post by Ribbit1234
Wait, so Hindu people can marry people of a different faith?

Going strictly by the religion yes, but families often disallow it for cultural reasons.
Reply 22
Original post by Zargabaath
lmaoooo you're going to trigger someone with that comment :rofl:

I suppose there's a difference in alcohol intake between Gujus and Punjabis as well, if you get what I mean :lol:

Loool I don't care - it's a statement of fact :u:
(Which I'm sure most Punjabis agree with anyway lol)

I reckon that if alcohol was legalized in Gujarat, the Gujarat government would probably earn more in tax revenue from it than Punjab does :lol:
They're all drunkards over there :rofl:

Over here, Gujjus are a bit more conservative over alcohol compared to over there.
Reply 23
Original post by TheBBQ
Your food stinks

I've been tricked and disappointed whenever I've had it :colonhash:

Lmao I prefer Punjabi food anyway :tongue:

Original post by Ribbit1234
Wait, so Hindu people can marry people of a different faith?

Yep, but a lot of Hindu families are wary of it as Zarga said.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by nucdev
Lmao I prefer Punjabi food anyway :tongue:

Good. Can't even describe how devastating it was to find out that this sweet paratha thing did not have aloo in it.

Or what was going on with the yogurt.

Don't even get me started on those tiny roti and samosa :colonhash:
Original post by nucdev
Loool I don't care - it's a statement of fact :u:
(Which I'm sure most Punjabis agree with anyway lol)

I reckon that if alcohol was legalized in Gujarat, the Gujarat government would probably earn more in tax revenue from it than Punjab does :lol:
They're all drunkards over there :rofl:

hahaha it's true. Both statements :rofl:

Original post by nucdev

Over here, Gujjus are a bit more conservative over alcohol compared to over there.

Are they? :teehee:
Original post by TheBBQ
Good. Can't even describe how devastating it was to find out that this sweet paratha thing did not have aloo in it.

These are one of the select few things I prefer about Guj food. Can't be doing with these obese roti and lard-arse samosa :rofl:
Reply 27
These are one of the select few things I prefer about Guj food. Can't be doing with these obese roti and lard-arse samosa :rofl:

I saw this tiny roti for the first time at a wedding, me and my dad looked at each other and laughed before he ate one in a single bite :lol:

They are more pastry than filling! What's the point!?
Original post by TheBBQ
I saw this tiny roti for the first time at a wedding, me and my dad looked at each other and laughed before he ate one in a single bite :lol:

They are more pastry than filling! What's the point!?

Punjabi roti's are compensating I think :teehee:

I hate those greasy af puri's you get at weddings. Nasty.
Original post by Anonymous

I have also seen/heard sometimes both sides don't like each other if they are very religiously strict EVEN though historically we were all the same people and religion (Gujarat and Punjab are close to each other geographically)

Could you explain the bit in bold please?
Reply 30
Original post by TheBBQ

Barbecue-bhai needs to have some theplas - anything but sweet (especially if it's my grandmother's cooking) :rofl:

Bahahaha! Actually I agree with that. I swear I practically gained weight just by looking at some fat Punjabi samosa fried in ghee :rofl3:
Reply 31
Original post by Eternalflames
Could you explain the bit in bold please?

I guess OP could be referencing the fact that a lot of Gujarati communities migrated to Gujarat from Punjab many centuries ago :dontknow:

Supposedly, my community migrated from Punjab to Gujarat in like the 12th century (no idea if it's true or not though :lol:)
I've never been to an Indian wedding :sad:
Reply 33
I've never been to an Indian wedding :sad:

You're not missing out on much :rofl:
Reply 34
Punjabi roti's are compensating I think :teehee:

I hate those greasy af puri's you get at weddings. Nasty.

You trippin, they are the reason we are way taller than you guys :tongue:

Yeah that's what we had! We were just eating what we could :colonhash: that's when my mum freaked out about the yogurt being weird :lol:

Original post by nucdev
Barbecue-bhai needs to have some theplas - anything but sweet (especially if it's my grandmother's cooking) :rofl:

I don't know what those roti were but I thought they were filled with aloo so I was very dissapointed :colonhash:

I'll be fine, but I'lk take you up on a drinking contest :wink:
Original post by nucdev
You're not missing out on much :rofl:

Haha, if you say so :lol:
I'm Hindu and my parents say they're fine with me marrying any Asian, although they aren't too keen on me bringing one of my Korean idols home xD
Original post by nucdev
I guess OP could be referencing the fact that a lot of Gujarati communities migrated to Gujarat from Punjab many centuries ago :dontknow:

Supposedly, my community migrated from Punjab to Gujarat in like the 12th century (no idea if it's true or not though :lol:)

Right, I suppose that would be because the borders weren't the same back then. Or the Gujarati people were having their businesses over in Punjab and then moved back
idk either lol
Original post by TheBBQ
You trippin, they are the reason we are way taller than you guys :tongue:

I'm going off your joke, but I assume Punjabi guys are taller because you get more protein in your diet than Gujaratis?
Also genetics of course
Reply 39
Original post by TheBBQ

I don't know what those roti were but I thought they were filled with aloo so I was very dissapointed :colonhash:

I'll be fine, but I'lk take you up on a drinking contest :wink:

Chalo ji done :h:
You would win though coz I've never actually got drunk in my life :lol:

Right, I suppose that would be because the borders weren't the same back then. Or the Gujarati people were having their businesses over in Punjab and then moved backidk either lol

Nah I meant that they were from Punjab without any connection to Gujarat before they migrated.

Quick Reply