The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AfcFob
Law, Psychology, Maths and Biology. Psychology is being dropped for my A2's and I'm going to do EPQ instead

Oh ok that's cool
Reply 181
12 A*s, revised quite a lot though!
Original post by medleg
12 A*s, revised quite a lot though!

Woah and I'm only taking 9 GCSE's and I CANT get 9A*'s??

Wow girl thats amazing!!!
Reply 184
Original post by zXcodeXz

took a couple early:smile:
Original post by medleg
took a couple early:smile:

Do you have any advice for maths and other subjects in general?
Woahh!! How did you revise for maths and what exam board did you do for maths and English language?

For Maths I did OCR J567 and I used a CGP revision guide to revise for it then did all the past papers. I did AQA for English and English Literature - MrBruff is a good resource for anyone doing those subjects.
Original post by ozmo19
For Maths I did OCR J567 and I used a CGP revision guide to revise for it then did all the past papers. I did AQA for English and English Literature - MrBruff is a good resource for anyone doing those subjects.

Oh ok cool, I need an A in maths and I'm going to revise to death for it now
Everyone here is so clever!
I got:
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Religious Studies A*
Media Studies - A*
History A
Art A
Science B
Spanish B
Maths C

I'm really not a mathematical person, so my parents were so happy I could get a C - I had a tutor for year 10 and half of year 11 to help me.
I really wish I could have done better, but I did on or above my target grades so...
Got 6 B's and 3 C's for GCSE's. Got an A* AA in a levels. Just realised how my revision was terrible during those times :u:
Lol 😂😂

Lmao. 😂😂😂😂. Why are you replicating something that has already been created ? You could've just kept on reading her thread.
Original post by brontespargo
Everyone here is so clever!
I got:
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Religious Studies A*
Media Studies - A*
History A
Art A
Science B
Spanish B
Maths C

I'm really not a mathematical person, so my parents were so happy I could get a C - I had a tutor for year 10 and half of year 11 to help me.
I really wish I could have done better, but I did on or above my target grades so...

That's still really good though well done!!
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Lmao. 😂😂😂😂. Why are you replicating something that has already been created ? You could've just kept on reading her thread.

I like to interact more and get notifications because sometimes it doesn't even work
Original post by reg123098
Got 6 B's and 3 C's for GCSE's. Got an A* AA in a levels. Just realised how my revision was terrible during those times :u:

Both nice results what a levels did you do?
Reply 194
Do you have any advice for maths and other subjects in general?

for maths first do as many questions for each topic as possible so you get confident and know your problem areas (then do more for those), and then go past paper crazy! and for the other subjects I recommend flash cards and saying things out loud/testing yourself and doing past papers for science and stuff

I know what you mean. I'm doing 9 GCSEs as well and I know I can't get an A star for all of them because of ****ing Edexcel Drama. I can only get an A in that because apparently Drama Edexcel is really tough and the exam is marked harshly. However, I know that I can get 7/8 A stars with some effort. I hope that's enough for PPE at Oxford.
Original post by medleg
for maths first do as many questions for each topic as possible so you get confident and know your problem areas (then do more for those), and then go past paper crazy! and for the other subjects I recommend flash cards and saying things out loud/testing yourself and doing past papers for science and stuff

Ok thank you for your help! :smile:
I like to interact more and get notifications because sometimes it doesn't even work

Quite right.
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I know what you mean. I'm doing 9 GCSEs as well and I know I can't get an A star for all of them because of ****ing Edexcel Drama. I can only get an A in that because apparently Drama Edexcel is really tough and the exam is marked harshly. However, I know that I can get 7/8 A stars with some effort. I hope that's enough for PPE at Oxford.

Yeah that should be enough go for it!!
1 A*, 6B's, 2C's and 1 D

Quick Reply

Latest