The Student Room Group

Is eight years too big of an age gap?

I'm talking 18 year old girl, finishing A-Levels, relatively intelligent just of a long term relationship and just wanting some fun experiences before going to uni.
26 year old guy, kind of bad news in terms of his history (in terms of relationships/with the law), father, but so damn hot.
I have been warned that he is bad news and that he is too old, but I don't want a relationship. What do you think I should do?

Scroll to see replies

Go for it! I did and I have not regrets
tbh he sounds like someone to avoid
Reply 3
Outside the 1/2 age + 7 rule, plus he sounds like a scoundrel. Personally I would save yourself for a uni bonkfest with guys nearer your own age and life phase.
Original post by Zarek
Outside the 1/2 age + 7 rule, plus he sounds like a scoundrel. Personally I would save yourself for a uni bonkfest with guys nearer your own age and life phase.

Whats the 1/2 + 7 rule? haha
Yeah he's like 1/2 generation older lol
Original post by EsGal
I'm talking 18 year old girl, finishing A-Levels, relatively intelligent just of a long term relationship and just wanting some fun experiences before going to uni.
26 year old guy, kind of bad news in terms of his history (in terms of relationships/with the law), father, but so damn hot.
I have been warned that he is bad news and that he is too old, but I don't want a relationship. What do you think I should do?

the gap could be bigger....
Age isnt a problem, but he is. You think you can deal with it, then you need to give it a go and learn from the experience.
Reply 8
Original post by lozzap1223
Whats the 1/2 + 7 rule? haha

This important equation defines the youngest age of person you should date. Half your own age + 7. It can of course be rearranged, if I could be bothered, to calculate the oldest person OP should date. Probably 24/25. But anyway he sounds like BAD NEWS.
Reply 9
smash and dash xo
Not so much the age gap, but more the fact you are still only doing a levels and he's a proper adult, and the fact people are telling you he is 'bad news'. I wouldnt go there.
Im 19 and i found it very disgusting that a 28 year old guy wanted to pursue a relationship with me, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I do not think so.
My parents met when my mum was 18 and my father 30.
(they had me 2 years later)
Original post by Zarek
This important equation defines the youngest age of person you should date. Half your own age + 7. It can of course be rearranged, if I could be bothered, to calculate the oldest person OP should date. Probably 24/25. But anyway he sounds like BAD NEWS.

okay got ya. makes sense
I wouldn't.
Reply 15
if i liked someone and they were 40 years older i wouldn't care

my ideal age gaps are 5 - 10 years tho, so 8 is fine
Original post by EsGal

Well my mums mother and father have a 20 year gap so... You have nothing to worry about go and enjoy!! :smile:
my parents gap is 17 years (43 and 60) and my mother's friends gap was 28 years (42 and 70)

Original post by thefatone
the gap could be bigger....
Original post by Goaded
if i liked someone and they were 40 years older i wouldn't care

my ideal age gaps are 5 - 10 years tho, so 8 is fine

Go on my lad :wink:
Does a 10 year old with a 18 year old sound okay to you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending