The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think a woman who has killed a foetus could ever be a good mother?

Scroll to see replies

Emotive language
Original post by LeftWingMoron
You don't have the choice to do a lot of things with your own body. You're not allowed to kill yourself, you're not allowed to stick heroin in your veins. Is that barbaric too? What if abortion was never invented, what would you do?

Go watch a surgical abortion video then go watch a mother raise her child. Tell me which one is more barbaric. Thanks.

Suicide is not illegal. How absolutely redundant would that be? Taking heroin is illegal because the law exists to protect its people and heroin is an extremely dangerous drug. Neither of these examples are in any way comparable to a woman having an abortion in the earlier stages of pregnancy in a sterile hospital - this is what is legal.

In places where abortion is illegal, women have been forced to resort to measures such aa using bleach or even coat hangers. The law is there to protect the vulnerable. If a woman needs an abortion she will get an abortion.

Go watch a mother raise a child in a negative and abusive environment.

Actually it will be my business if I want a compatable wife. A foetus is a potential baby. Surgical abortion is barbaric and shows all the traits of a terrible mother. No wonder they suffer from so much trauma afterwards.

Yes, but its not a baby it a fertilised egg. And if a woman had an abortion there is most likely a good reason (e.g. she's not ready to provide for a child, she is too young, etc.) do you honestly think that a woman should have to have a baby even if she doesn't want to? the woman has a right to her own body and if she doesn't want to carry a child she shouldn't have too. Whats more important a fertilised egg or a woman? And please explain to me why a woman would not be a 'compatable wife' and would be a 'terrible mother' if she had an abortion.
Original post by Serine Soul
It's more barbaric to force a child to be born and make them live an unpleasant life imo

That's just the thing they don't have to live an unpleasant life.
Original post by kyragrace
That's just the thing they don't have to live an unpleasant life.

But if their mother is single and in poverty, they most likely will.
Laughable argument. Abortions cost money just like the internet does. If you took some responsibility and stopped trying to cheat mother nature then you wouldn't get pregnant. It's clear that sexual intercourse is for solely for reproduction and the pleasure is to entice you into wishing to reproduce more. Trying to have flings and living like depraved hedonists means you have to deal with the consequences, period.

I knew rape would get brought up (always does). Simple fact is it accounts for a MINUSCULE amount of the millions upon millions of careless women who kill their own child. Also ever read/watch 'Room'? So you're saying the kid should've been aborted yeah?

And this is where it became obvious that the OP is a mere troll...
Reply 27
Is there any way to tell if a woman has had an abortion in case she lies about it?

Any woman who would be for it in any way would be removed of my list of potential partners. #1 turn off for sure. Utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.

I mean unless she physically killed the foetus ie stabbing and other gruesome things, then I don't think she would be a bad mother, as she isn't even really a mother yet there as it said it is only a potential child and thus not a child yet.

But if a woman wants an abortion who are you to judge? It's her body at the end of the day

Spoiler

Yes. Where is the correlation between having an abortion and how good of a mother one can be.

Do you even know her reasons for having the abortion and even if you did it doesn't matter.
But if their mother is single and in poverty, they most likely will.

Not necessarily, quality of life doesn't come from having the latest tech or having loads of money, they might struggle more than others, and might have to put up more of a fight and work that bit more, but it doesn't mean they will have an unpleasant life.
Laughable comparison. Try again.

Actually it will be my business if I want a compatable wife. A foetus is a potential baby. Surgical abortion is barbaric and shows all the traits of a terrible mother. No wonder they suffer from so much trauma afterwards.

There are so many reasons women get themyoud have to consider circumstances abortion may be the only answer a woman feels she has in extreme circumstances(i hate to talk abwg this cos pple always start debates) like rape? Tht doesnt make her a bad mother ir just means the situation was forced on her. In other cases she may be in danger medically if she carries the child or she may be in a difficult situation that backs her into a corner due to psychological factors such as chronic depression etc. It something you would have to discuss with your S/O personally i dont think id have an abortion unless it truly was the onli option but peoples circumstances are constantly changing a woman may be extremely depressed and unable to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then continue to look after a child but later in life have gotten past the depression and want children?
Laughable argument. Abortions cost money just like the internet does. If you took some responsibility and stopped trying to cheat mother nature then you wouldn't get pregnant. It's clear that sexual intercourse is for solely for reproduction and the pleasure is to entice you into wishing to reproduce more. Trying to have flings and living like depraved hedonists means you have to deal with the consequences, period.

I knew rape would get brought up (always does). Simple fact is it accounts for a MINUSCULE amount of the millions upon millions of careless women who kill their own child. Also ever read/watch 'Room'? So you're saying the kid should've been aborted yeah?

Abortions in countries where it's legal, yes, but the kind of women who can't afford to provide for their children are forced to resort to their own methods; bleach, coat-hangers etc. You're trying to argue for a highly subjective topic like abortion with statements such as "sexual intercourse is solely for reproduction" Uh, no it's not. Sometimes it's abused, which brings me on to the rape question. Idk where you got your extremely reliable statistic that "it's minuscle" but since you're not sourcing it, I'm gonna say you came up with it out of nowhere to better suit your argument. Even if it's minuscle these women deserve to live guilt-free lives and just because you have a sexist view of women as just mothers and servile people who need to always take care of their babies/their husbands/do what other people tell them to, they need lives and mental stabilities of their own! Not once in this post has it been brought up that it's simply unfair that women should go through it because sometimes the father leaves and now just because they always have the burden of pregnancy they're supposed to spend their whole life struggling to protect their children from diseases so you can feel good about the world? No! Grow up and become pragmatic.
Not necessarily, quality of life doesn't come from having the latest tech or having loads of money, they might struggle more than others, and might have to put up more of a fight and work that bit more, but it doesn't mean they will have an unpleasant life.

Spoken like a true first world child who takes so many things for granted like healthcare, food and nutrition. Did I mention technology or loads of money in my post? I was talking about basic necessities of life. Sure the kid might be happy despite living in abject poverty but it probably won't even live long without reliable access to healthcare. Babies are so delicate and having a single mother who can't provide for it is a sure-fire way to its inevitable death at the hands of a disease, which could be slow and long-drawn out. Isn't it just better to terminate it as a foetus than to watch it die as a living humans?
Original post by Km_dova
I really think you should consider the situation in which the abortion occured before making a judgment like that.

Is there ever a situation in which an abortion is morally wrong? It's a foetus. It doesn't think, it doesn't have a life, and it doesn't care whether you have an abortion or not.

Abortion isn't murder any more than spunking into a sock is genocide.
Use of emotive language - A*
Troll - Level 982

/thread
Reply 35
OP, are you a vegan?

What do you think of war?

Where do you buy your clothes from?

You sound like a self-righteous **** who should have been aborted (sorry, I'm angry, I'm usually a little more constructive). Sex is not clearly only for reproduction and hedonism doesn't truly exist. Humans feel pleasure and so it is an absolutely natural thing for humans to do things that create those feelings. Sex is a pleasurable experience which would show that sex is an act for pleasure as well as reproduction. There surely are contraceptives that can stop pregnancies, but you're seriously suggesting it's okay for a woman to be raped and then be forced to give birth to child? A child born out of an evil act.

As I said, you sound like a **** and you definitely are for fuelling such a baity post.

To call abortion murder is also quite ridiculous. The foetus hasn't developed enough to have any understanding of its life and then when it does develop past a certain point, the procedure is then illegal. There is no murder. There's most likely more murder in your daily activities than in the abortion of an undeveloped foetus.

Can a woman who has an abortion be a good mother? Can a person who eats meat be a good owner of animals? Can a person who earn millions from taking advantage of their consumers through monopolisation be nice to a homeless person?

You can't decide the same for all people! While these examples all have something in common, I personally think someone is not murdering when aborting, but slaughtering for food and clothes and causing starvation for your own benefit is evil, but not everybody else agrees with me and while I will happily tell my opinion to someone in the hopes I can bring them to feeling the same way as me, I won't be a **** about it :smile: unless of course, someone else is to my beliefs.
Original post by thatbrownkid17
Spoken like a true first world child who takes so many things for granted like healthcare, food and nutrition. Did I mention technology or loads of money in my post? I was talking about basic necessities of life. Sure the kid might be happy despite living in abject poverty but it probably won't even live long without reliable access to healthcare. Babies are so delicate and having a single mother who can't provide for it is a sure-fire way to its inevitable death at the hands of a disease, which could be slow and long-drawn out. Isn't it just better to terminate it as a foetus than to watch it die as a living humans?

You're quick to judge. But for the record I really don't take those things for granted, I know I'm lucky because of where I live, and I have seen and met adults and children who are nowhere near as lucky as me, and I've seen how they still manage to succeed. But quite frankly in this day and age in amongst all the poverty there are loads of people and projects to help them, aborting the child just takes away it's opportunity to have a life and do something with it.

Why does living in poverty always lead to 'inevitable death', what's wrong with a little hope that the child will survive. And if people are so horrified by the situations that make it 'better' to have an abortion why don't you try and do something to change those situations so the 'better' option is to let the child live.
You're quick to judge. But for the record I really don't take those things for granted, I know I'm lucky because of where I live, and I have seen and met adults and children who are nowhere near as lucky as me, and I've seen how they still manage to succeed. But quite frankly in this day and age in amongst all the poverty there are loads of people and projects to help them, aborting the child just takes away it's opportunity to have a life and do something with it.

Why does living in poverty always lead to 'inevitable death', what's wrong with a little hope that the child will survive. And if people are so horrified by the situations that make it 'better' to have an abortion why don't you try and do something to change those situations so the 'better' option is to let the child live.

What about the billions of sperm that never make it to the egg? Or the one egg a month that you lose in menstruation? What can we do to help them? Think of the children!

Are people who also choose to not have kids bad for taking away their potential child's opportunity to have a life?
But if their mother is single and in poverty, they most likely will [live an unpleasant life]

What?

You think that most children that grow up with poor single parents are better off not existing.

Jog on. And I'm tempted to say worse.

SS
(edited 8 years ago)
Is there any way to tell if a woman has had an abortion in case she lies about it?

Any woman who would be for it in any way would be removed of my list of potential partners. #1 turn off for sure. Utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.

No chances are your future wifey is a merciless killer. Unlucky!

Latest

Trending

Trending